Flight times after debarkation

lukesmom1019

(I know this post may be better suited for the "Florida Departures" board but I thought this board may have more activity and more experience regarding the FTTF debarkation. So that is why it's cross posted. :) )

If we are debarking off the Glory at 8am from the POM and have the FTTF pass that allows us early debarkation, is there any way we could make a 10:15am flight from MIA?? I know it would probably be pushing it but the next flight isn't until 8:10pm.

Thanks for any help!!

(If we are debarking off the Glory at 8am from the POM and have the FTTF pass that allows us early debarkation, is there any way we could make a 10:15am flight from MIA?? I know it would probably be pushing it but the next flight isn't until 8:10pm.

Thanks for any help!!

is there any way we could make a 10:15am

Is there any way? Yes

Would I bet $1000 on it? No

That $1000 could be what it would cost if you missed the flight, and the airline couldn't get you on another flight with empty seats for a couple of days.

What's your back up plan?

(I know this post may be better suited for the "Florida Departures" board but I thought this board may have more activity and more experience regarding the FTTF debarkation. So that is why it's cross posted. :) )

If we are debarking off the Glory at 8am from the POM and have the FTTF pass that allows us early debarkation, is there any way we could make a 10:15am flight from MIA?? I know it would probably be pushing it but the next flight isn't until 8:10pm.

Thanks for any help!!

Could you probably make it? Yes

But I would NOT risk it. You never know if the ship could be late or possible customs issues. Carnival does not recommend a flight before 11:30AM out of Miami.

I'm another one who wouldn't even consider such an early flight. There's a possibility you could make it, but there would be absolutely no room for error built in. When I flew out of Miami last month I booked at 12:20 flight and felt like that was as early as I could plan on definitely making it. I'm platinum and was one of the first off, but I would not have made a 10:15 flight. There was a computer "glich" at the place where they sign you out of the ship one last time, and they had no backup plan, so people just waited in line while they troubleshot the computer problem and remedied it.

Edited by nwcruiselover

What time is the next flight? We've been AT the airport by 9am....so it is doable....If the next flight is after noon, I'd go for the earlier flight and take my chances!

The only other flight available is at 8:15pm. I just decided to go ahead and book it instead of the early flight that way we wouldn't be running around like crazy people and stressing. We will just extend our vacation a few more hours waiting. :cool::D

I work with a girlfriend who told me today that she made her flights out of Miami at 9:20. I told her she better pray they get clearance soon enough that she can walk off with enough time to make it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi! I actually booked a 10:49 flight out of MIA for our cruise in March. I posted about this same topic a couple days ago. Some there said the Carnival's recommended times is 11. I'm worried with my flight, so I would be extra worried with that flight time. There was a $200 ticket price difference between ours and a 2:00 flight. I booked with insurance.

Have you checked FLL?

Edited by mollymyers15