Electrical Outlets in Suites....Are there plenty?

dongordon

Leaving on the STAR in a few days and I was wondering if I will need to bring an electrical strip with me.

We usually bring one for a balcony cabin, but I was hoping that there will be additional electrical outlets in the aft suite that I have for this upcoming cruise.

Don

In my suite 12012 (forward starboard) there where plenty but YMMV depending

on what type of gear you are bringing along.

To be sure I bring a triplex plug 1=3 and a circuit breaker strip with 3 foot (1 meter) cord 1=5.

Got just about any angled covered except for an extension cord - and if you

need one of them ask your butler or cabin steward.

We brought along a small power strip so that we could charge IPad, Kindles, etc. In the SF suite on Deck 10 Pearl, there is an outlet next to the couch near the floor that DH used for the power strip. We could then use the small glass table to sit stuff on while charging. Also, bring along a small LED nightlight and plug it into the outlet above the sink. Worked perfectly!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We've never bothered with a heavy power strip but always carry on an extension cord with multiple outlets - they are light & long enough to plug in nearly any place. We've even used at the airport when delayed - thus the carry on idea was born! Happy sails...:D

I'm just off the Star in aft PH suite 9232. The Star aft PH suites have TWO power outlets... one on the desk, and one in the vanity/powder room. There might be another in the actual bathroom, but who wants to plug their stuff in there. I looked, and do not recall seeing any near the bedside or near the table.

I usually don't sweat power outlets, but there were not enough in the suite to handle two cameras, an iPad, a BeatsPill speaker, and two phones.

The Jewel aft PH suites have 4 outlets. Far more useful.

If I had to do it over again (and I will in September) I would bring a PowerSquid. Not bulky like a power strip (as indicated above) and does the job well. This type of solution allows you to keep your electronic gadget charging station in one location within the cabin, as opposed to having your crap here, there, and everywhere -- which is a good way to lose stuff.

http://www.amazon.com/Accell-D080B-008K-PowerSquid-Protector-Conditioner/dp/B0055YB7IA/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1420504275&sr=1-1&keywords=PowerSquid

If I had to do it over again (and I will in September) I would bring a PowerSquid. Not bulky like a power strip (as indicated above) and does the job well. This type of solution allows you to keep your electronic gadget charging station in one location within the cabin, as opposed to having your crap here, there, and everywhere -- which is a good way to lose stuff.

http://www.amazon.com/Accell-D080B-008K-PowerSquid-Protector-Conditioner/dp/B0055YB7IA/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1420504275&sr=1-1&keywords=PowerSquid

Good lord--I bought one of these PowerSquids and the dang thing is way heavier than a simple, $4-5 5-plug powerstrip. The powerstrip works just fine for all our electronics.

Edited by pizzalady1

Good lord--I bought one of these PowerSquids and the dang thing is way heavier than a simple, $4-5 5-plug powerstrip. The powerstrip works just fine for all our electronics.

Indeed, the power strip will work just fine, depending on how your chargers connect to the outlets versus how many devices you have -- think wall-warts, and un-corded camera battery chargers (where the plug is built directly into the large charger).

Edited by triptolemus