Is RCI still renting iPhones on Oasis?

We're sailing, just the four of us, with teens in two separate age groups and I'd like to be able to reach them - and know where they are. We've done Freedom a few times, but Oasis is a whole other animal size-wise. Does Oasis still rent the phones? Is it still $30 per phone? Anyone know where they're currently renting from? In previous posts I searched, some people said front desk, some said card room on deck 14. I've seen posts where people advise to get there ASAP because they sell out fast. Thanks for help!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If your kids have phones, have you checked with your service provider? Texting onboard usually isn't unreasonable and you can set the phones to avoid data use. It would take a lot of texts to reach $60... [emoji340]

There are also some apps that allow messaging between phones using the ship's wifi without needing to purchase an internet package, though Royal may be tightening the reigns on the use of such apps. There are other threads on communicating onboard. [emoji350]

[quote name='SarahD112']We're sailing, just the four of us, with teens in two separate age groups and I'd like to be able to reach them - and know where they are. We've done Freedom a few times, but Oasis is a whole other animal size-wise. Does Oasis still rent the phones? Is it still $30 per phone? Anyone know where they're currently renting from? In previous posts I searched, some people said front desk, some said card room on deck 14. I've seen posts where people advise to get there ASAP because they sell out fast. Thanks for help!
[/quote]
To my knowledge, they are still renting the iPhones. I would check the terms of use because people report that you must pay something like $1000 if a phone is lost or damaged.

We just got off the oasis and they do rent the phones but they only had 50 because so many were being repaired. We didn't get any because our kids are older but some others in our group got them. I think they got them in the Internet room when they first got on.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We rented the phones when we were on Oasis last June, had to go to the card room where the computers are and they have a limited number of phones to rent. Our experience was not good - many "dead" areas on the ship, calls did not go through - we left them in the room after the first few days because it just didn't work well. Not to mention the stress of worrying about our teenager losing the phone and the $1,000 to replace it! :eek:
We found out too late that if we had returned them by the third day, we would not be charged - so you may want to try it but keep in mind that if they don't suit your needs, return them right away and find a different way to communicate.