MiniHump on Freedom?

My parent's just changed their room on our upcoming Freedom cruise so they could be on the same floor as us. The only room available room was 8560. They are used to being on 'the hump', but none were available. I tried finding any info about room 8560 and have since discovered they are on the 'mini hump' under the hot tubs. Is there truly much difference in the balcony on these minihumps versus a regular balcony? They are used to being in an E2. This room is an E1...what is the difference, aside from location?

Thanks in advance,

Melissa

There should be no difference in size of stateroom or balcony between an E1 and E2. However, if the stateroom is connecting, then you would lose the small couch in favor of a chair.

My parent's just changed their room on our upcoming Freedom cruise so they could be on the same floor as us. The only room available room was 8560. They are used to being on 'the hump', but none were available. I tried finding any info about room 8560 and have since discovered they are on the 'mini hump' under the hot tubs. Is there truly much difference in the balcony on these minihumps versus a regular balcony? They are used to being in an E2. This room is an E1...what is the difference, aside from location?

Thanks in advance,

Melissa

If that cabin is directly under the hot tubs, the balcony will have a bronze coating on the balcony glass that is reflective so that when you sit on the balcony, you see a reflection of yourself instead of seeing the clearly out to the sea. If you search this forum, there is a thread that has most of the cabin numbers that have this issue. We were in a JS 9258 on the opposite side of the ship which was the last cabin forward of the tinted glass. So 9260 was tinted which could mean that 8560 would also be tinted.

Edit to add link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1973555&highlight=tinted+glass

Here is one of the threads discussing it and it has a link to another thread about it and more pictures.

Edited by reallyitsmema

Thanks for your help. I've searched many threads and can't find for sure whether 8560 does have the tinted glass, but since it was the only balcony left on deck 8 (and with a killer senior discount), I think I'll just keep that info to myself. They love eating breakfast on their balcony and sitting out there in the afternoon. I hope they can still enjoy it...maybe they'll get lucky and the sun won't be shining directly on that side of the ship all the time. One can only hope!

Why do you call that a mini hump cabin? It doesn't appear to be on the hump. If hump cabins are so sought after, but not any bigger, what makes them social?

I have a mid hump (7340), but it looks like it's a connecting cabin, so that means I won't have a sofa?

Is there a place to see actual pictures of the rooms?

Thanks!

If it is under the hut tub, one side of the balcony will jut out slightly further than the rest of the balcony. The only time you can't see through the film on the glass is at night. We had the suite directly under the hot tub on 10 and loved it for the extra space on the balcony and the shade.

We had 6260 which had the bronzed glass. I really didn't care at all for the tinting and wouldn't book a balcony with it again. I couldn't see the water at all if I was sitting, only my reflection. Don't get me wrong, I loved having a balcony and have one booked for next week on the Vision. I just won't get one of the bronzed balconies again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just returned from the NYE cruise on Freedom (Dec 28-Jan 4). We were in cabin 9262 (two decks below forward hot tub, starboard side). Our room was not any bigger (that we could tell - as it lined up with the rest of the doors along that side of the ship). Our balcony WAS slightly deeper (as we were the exact center of the "mini-hump."

We had a tint on the glass that did reflect. Not a huge deal for us as we were standing or enjoying the gentle rock of the ship. I rolled up a couple of pool towels and placed in one of the chairs that gave me the effect of sitting on a bar stool and was able to see over the railing. For me, was even more comfortable.

My husband said that he liked the hot tub a few decks up which offered a break from the sun at times.