IOS - Questions

js

Hi.

Just back from Disney Dream for NYE with family and had such a great time we said we wanted to do another NYE cruise next year. We are a cruise away from Diamond but havent been on RCCL in a while since been sailing NCL. The IOS have dates that work for us next year.

My kids will be almost 22 and 17, and we will also be sailing with my sisters family that has 3 boys under 12. IOS dates are good for us for next year and thinking this may be good for all. Does the IOS get consistent positive or negative comments?

I am on my tapatalk app on my phone so I am having a problem searching but can do a more extensive search on Monday at work.

Thanks.

We did two cruises on Indy this year and I wouldn't hesitate to book another one. The second cruise was the week before Christmas with our two little ones and my whole family, including two 22 year olds. We all had an amazing time.

I think Indy would be a really good fit for your group. They have the sport court, flowrider, climbing wall, mini golf, arcade, and a really nice pool area for the younger ones. They also have a lounge for kids to hang out and play video games. I don't know if you have any young enough for Adventure Ocean, but the staff and programs/activities are great. I would be happy to answer any specific questions you may have.

Edited by brewcrew4

Thank you both. My sisters family really enjoys Disney Cruise Line but my kids are asking for next year to please do something different. It was great since we got to spend time with the kids and we had a great time in he evenings.

When my kids were smaller they enjoyed RCCL clubs over DCL and my son enjoys the NCL clubs. I know the sailings of less than a week are usually the older and smaller ships on NCL and RCCL so seeing the Indy is less than a week is very appealing.

Edited by js

Both the older and younger kids will enjoy the Flowrider on Indy. We've had very nice cruises on Indy. Don't think you will be disappointed.

Thanks. We have never been disappointed on a cruise but know I need to choose one that my sisters family will also enjoy since they love DCL. My kids are asking to do a different line so need to please all including my mom, who will be taking us for our Christmas gift.

Not a deal breaker but is there a movie theatre on the Indy and is there anyone that has experience with the clubs for the 8-12 age group. My kids will be 22 and 17 so my ds will be at an awkward age for any cruiseline.

Also do the specialty restaurants allow children? I cannot remember.

Thanks.

There is no dedicated movie theatre (there is on Radiance class) on Indy, but there will most likely be movies shown out on the large screen on the pool deck.

I believe Royal has recently adapted its policy about children in the specialty restaurants on board. It used to be that with any children under the age of 12, if I remember right, their reservation had to be before 7 p.m. and now there is no time constraints.

Enjoy the Independence . . . she's a beauty and one of my favorites in the fleet. Perhaps Bob will have a more definitive answer about the children and specialty dining.

Bob???

There is no dedicated movie theatre (there is on Radiance class) on Indy, but there will most likely be movies shown out on the large screen on the pool deck.

I believe Royal has recently adapted its policy about children in the specialty restaurants on board. It used to be that with any children under the age of 12, if I remember right, their reservation had to be before 7 p.m. and now there is no time constraints.

Enjoy the Independence . . . she's a beauty and one of my favorites in the fleet. Perhaps Bob will have a more definitive answer about the children and specialty dining.

Bob???

Kids are allowed in specialty restaurants at all times now. Under age 5 are free. Age 6-12 are $8. There are also kids menus.

Thank you very much! I appreciate your help. I would have to book specialties before 7 for my nephews so if that is the only constraint that would be wonderful.

I haven't been to Labade in about 5 years and know it has really gotten built up.

Can anyone let me know if you have been happy with the kids clubs on Indy since this is a big important piece.

We will book next week if I can find out if clubs for kids on Indy get good reviews.

Thanks so much!

Im looking at connecting E1s in deck 8, another E1 next door to the connecting cabins and a PR across the hall heading aft after the bump out. How are these cabins?

Thank you.

Just off the New Year's Indy cruise today! The ship is in EXCELLENT condition. The crew are phenomenal.

This by far was my best cruise with RC and that says a lot considering I was recently on the (UNinaugural)

Quantum cruise.

My only gripe would be the kids seemed to take over the main pool area and were allowed in the Schooner

bar at night.

Sent from my iPad using Forums