LAX/San Pedro Breakfast

ryanemsmom

I have a question for the southern CA folks. We are taking our first Princess cruise on the Grand on the 17th. We fly into LAX early in the morning and I have read that the earliest we can board is around 11-12ish. Where would anyone recommend eating breakfast either at LAX or near the port? It isn't really enough time to do any exploring but we will want breakfast after a nonstop red-eye from Anchorage.

On the other side, we aren't leaving until the evening after we get back. I am thinking the best case would be if the ship offered the bag check since we plan on taking the bus to Santa Monica and spending the afternoon there before heading to LAX for our flight home. Thanks for any help!

I have a question for the southern CA folks. We are taking our first Princess cruise on the Grand on the 17th. We fly into LAX early in the morning and I have read that the earliest we can board is around 11-12ish. Where would anyone recommend eating breakfast either at LAX or near the port? It isn't really enough time to do any exploring but we will want breakfast after a nonstop red-eye from Anchorage.

On the other side, we aren't leaving until the evening after we get back. I am thinking the best case would be if the ship offered the bag check since we plan on taking the bus to Santa Monica and spending the afternoon there before heading to LAX for our flight home. Thanks for any help!

I would get to San Pedro then have breakfast in the area. My choice would be the Omelette & Waffle Shop located at 1103 South Gaffey Street. It's under two miles away from the terminal.....:):):)

Bob

I would get to San Pedro then have breakfast in the area. My choice would be the Omelette & Waffle Shop located at 1103 South Gaffey Street. It's under two miles away from the terminal.....:):):)

Bob

We agree, they serve a great and quick breakfast. My DW and I always stop early for breakfast, and then watch our ship come in.

Bob

Yep, their waffles and bacon are quite good. Parking is often difficult to find but worth the effort.

"Grinders" is literally just outside the port. It's a basic, inexpensive American-style restaurant just a few minutes from the terminal. If you walk towards the Iowa, about halfway down the parking lot, there's an exit to S Harbor. Turn left and it's about two blocks down, on the corner of 5th.

"Grinders" is literally just outside the port. It's a basic, inexpensive American-style restaurant just a few minutes from the terminal. If you walk towards the Iowa, about halfway down the parking lot, there's an exit to S Harbor. Turn left and it's about two blocks down, on the corner of 5th.

I would second Grinders. We used them in February before we joined the Island Princess. Excellent menu - very friendly staff.

just received boarding info looks like boarding begins at 1 and in our travel summary it gives a staggered time depending on room,, can anyone tell us if we can ck bags at pier??? when making reservations on ship and flights no one bothered to give out boarding time how rigid is the boarding for princess because we also have to arrive lax early

just received boarding info looks like boarding begins at 1 and in our travel summary it gives a staggered time depending on room,, can anyone tell us if we can ck bags at pier??? when making reservations on ship and flights no one bothered to give out boarding time how rigid is the boarding for princess because we also have to arrive lax early

Actually Princess sends out the "emergency notification" emails too often to take seriously. We got the ones that said not to arrive before 1pm before our last cruises out of San Pedro (2010 and 2012) and we ignored them. In fact, the last time, when we got there before noon, we were allowed to go in the very short (only one party in front of us) line after we filled out the health forms. If we had waited, we would have been in a very long line. So if you arrived any time after 11 (maybe even earlier) you should be allowed into the terminal. Once the cabins are ready, those with elite status or in full suites will be allowed to board and then everyone else (and at least you'll have a lower number than those getting there later on).