Teppanyaki Reservations - children?

I would like to go ahead and make reservations for Teppanyaki. It says per child pricing will be done on ship. So, can I make our reservations before boarding? If I choose 4 for dinner.... it charges me adult prices.

Do I just need to wait until we board? I was simply hoping to get an early dinner time.

I would like to go ahead and make reservations for Teppanyaki. It says per child pricing will be done on ship. So, can I make our reservations before boarding? If I choose 4 for dinner.... it charges me adult prices.

Do I just need to wait until we board? I was simply hoping to get an early dinner time.

We were just there last week. I booked a reservation for (4) adults and paid the $100. If the kids eat off of the kids menu, and they are under 12, they are free. If they eat off of the adult menu, it is 1/2 off. The credit is returned as an on-board credit.

My complaint with them was I wasn't offered a kid's menu. I had to go to customer service after the fact and have my littles (4 at the time) meal refunded.

Oh! I guess I figured the kids got to eat hibachi food from a kids menu.... I don't know my stuff :)

No way do I want to go there and have them eating chicken tenders or something.

Thanks for clarifying that!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When we ate at Le Bistro, my kids who ordered off of the regular menu were half price, and my child who shamed our family by ordering off the kids menu (chicken fingers) was free. The entrees were all the same size.

My understanding was that it is half price - $12.50 - for a child under 12. Our grandson will definitely want to eat the hibachi items too.

It is actually kids 3-12 are half price if they decide they want the regular adult menu items. So a 12 year old would still be half price for the regular menu items in case your grandson is close to that age.

There is a kids hibachi menu in addition to that they can bring the regular kids menu from the main dinning room. My 12 year old ate from the adult menu, our 3 year they made the kids chicken, the only thing she wasn't served was the salad (I have no idea other than that what was different from the adult but she was free). The servers loved that she devoured her own edamame bowls plus her older brother and sister's.

So happy I asked this question! Thanks for all the replies.

Would you suggest I make the reservation now rather than once we board?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes. I wanted to change our time since the kids club opens at 8 pm (first night only, it is 7 pm on the other nights), but all of the other slots had been full. So we kept our reservation at 7 pm and then went directly to kids club.

Just as an FYI - I was nervous that my 11 year old (almost 12) wouldn't like kids club - he LOVED it. In fact, he mastered the Chinese yo-yo and did that in the circus. He is shy, but he had a great time.