Is a 7 day cruise too long for a second time cruiser?

Only you can answer that. Our first was a 7 day and the second was a 10 day. Great for us.

Did a 3 day one with wife/son to see if my wife would like them. She did. We have done 7,8 day cruises since. However, we did a 5 day one a few years ago and it was "too short".

So you will enjoy the 7 and find it very hard to go back to the shorter ones :)

Enjoy it

Why would you think it would be too long? You enjoyed the first cruise. Did you have that feeling upon returning home that it wasn't long enough? That is a sure sign you will do well with a 7 day. I have done 8 Carnival cruises in less than 4 years and only one was a five day, the rest were 7 and 8 days. Leaving next month for a 12 day.

Only you can answer that. Our first was a 7 day and the second was a 10 day. Great for us.

Exactly! My sister came back from her first seven day cruise and said that was too long to be on a boat. I feel like a 7 day cruise is over just as I am getting settled in and know that a 30 day cruise would still be over too soon for me.

It could seem too long, if you don't select the itinerary according to your port/sea day preference.

For example, we love port-intensive itineraries and look for fewer sea days. (We generally don't do less than 7 days and haven't done more than 12) We wouldn't hate a longer itinerary, as long as there'd be a nice balance between the sea and port days.

Transatlantic? Probably not in our immediate future, though we're not ruling it out for "someday", possibly as a means of transportation to/from Europe for an extended stay.

Edited by srlafleur

I have done 3 7day cruises, 1 5 day, and 1 6 day. On the 2 that weren't 7 days i felt cheated!

Agree with other poster though, like a mix of port and sea days. Upcoming cruise is port intensive, 4 port days in a row! 77 days and counting!

My first cruise was a "cruise to nowhere" which was basically a weekend. I chanced it and went for a 7 day after that and loved it. Now that I have done mostly 7 day cruises the one 5 day cruise I took 2 years ago seemed too short. I, too, think that the more days the better! Hoping to try a 10 day or longer some day.

No! The first couple of cruises I did were 7 Day trips and I loved it. Anything shorter than that would feel like a let down now. Having done those longer, standard trips, I would never consider anything less than the 7 days of fun and relaxation a cruise can provide. Only you can decide, but if you enjoyed the 4 Day, I think you'll have fun with a longer cruise.