JFK or Newark from Cape Liberty

SSPhone

Need options flying home to Tampa after arriving at Cape Liberty after Transatlantic. Cost about $200 less PP to fly from JFK but I don't know if the hassle is worth the savings. Travel time to JFK vs EWR from the port? Cost of transportation?

Thanks in advance for the help

Agreed. EWR is very close to Cape Liberty, about 20 minutes. JFK will cost you more in car fare plus the hassle of NYC traffic to get to JFK. Much less variability in travel time with EWR, if you can get an earlier flight out.

Need options flying home to Tampa after arriving at Cape Liberty after Transatlantic. Cost about $200 less PP to fly from JFK but I don't know if the hassle is worth the savings. Travel time to JFK vs EWR from the port? Cost of transportation?
Looking at your other posts are you talking about the Anthem arriving 4 Nov? On that date Delta has flights out of EWR thru ATL to TPA at 9am and at 10:30am for $108.60, and flights at 12:40 thru DTW for the same price. United has non-stops from EWR to TPA for $124.50, but the times are not as convenient. Other options also available. JetBlue schedules for Nov are not out yet, but usually are quite competitive. How can JFK be $200 less than these prices?

do some research if your interested in taking math transit. hudson bergen light rail i think links up with the PATH somewhere or goes into maybe newark penn or secaucus which should go right into newark airport station...

theres a lightrail station like 5 mins from the cruise port..

maybe more of a headache than a cab, but another option, possibly..

Edited by Aintnofun007

Ewr. not worth the trip and extra cost to go to JFK. As others stated, Newark is 20 minutes from the port. to get to JFK, you will need to go through New York (Manhattan; Brooklyn) and take the Belt Parkway to JFK. Belt Parkway can be a huge parking lot (as is much of the highways in NY).

Not worth the hassle.

Thank you all for the responses! We too are trying to decide whether or not to go with JFK, La Guardia or Newark for our Liberty Cruise.

Gina, as you have read, the choice is EWR hands-down. Seriously, getting to JFK is never NOT a cluster****. And the airport itself is horrible.

Trust me, as a former New Yorker I would sooner crawl to EWR than deal with the hassle of getting to JFK. Once you are there the airport is a nightmare. Much closer and much better, no contest EWR. Have a great cruise

Looking at your other posts are you talking about the Anthem arriving 4 Nov? On that date Delta has flights out of EWR thru ATL to TPA at 9am and at 10:30am for $108.60, and flights at 12:40 thru DTW for the same price. United has non-stops from EWR to TPA for $124.50, but the times are not as convenient. Other options also available. JetBlue schedules for Nov are not out yet, but usually are quite competitive. How can JFK be $200 less than these prices?

I was using ChoiceAir to check the prices for both flights. Tampa to London and then New Jersey to Tampa. EWR was $950 and JFK $750. The one ways are a killer.

I was using ChoiceAir to check the prices for both flights. Tampa to London and then New Jersey to Tampa. EWR was $950 and JFK $750. The one ways are a killer.
Okay, I did a little checking - HOLY COW:eek::eek:

The cheapest ChoiceAir I currently see for the combo TPA-LHR and NYC(any airport)-TPA is $1672.:mad: What you need to look at is getting Choice Air only one-way from TPA-LHR, which is currently available on 27 Oct starting at $417.70 and SEPARATELY buy EWR-TPA directly from the airline starting at $108.60 for a total of $526.30. That is over a thousand dollar per person savings;)

Thom

Gina, as you have read, the choice is EWR hands-down. Seriously, getting to JFK is never NOT a cluster****. And the airport itself is horrible.

The thing is, with JFK you just never know. I left there once at 4 pm and made it home to NJ in 45 minutes. Last time, left there at 3:30 pm and got home at 8!!! Was ready to strangle someone. Won't even discuss LaGuardia - tried once, 36 miles away, 2.5 hour trip. Never again. Definitely EWR.

Okay, I did a little checking - HOLY COW:eek::eek:

The cheapest ChoiceAir I currently see for the combo TPA-LHR and NYC(any airport)-TPA is $1672.:mad: What you need to look at is getting Choice Air only one-way from TPA-LHR, which is currently available on 27 Oct starting at $417.70 and SEPARATELY buy EWR-TPA directly from the airline starting at $108.60 for a total of $526.30. That is over a thousand dollar per person savings;)

Thom

I did separate flight bookings for flights to/from both of our Serenade TA cruises we did this year. Booked the one way overseas with Choice Air and used Southwest, booking directly as one must, for the domestic US flights and saw the same savings you quoted. The Choice Air open jaw itinerary flights pricing was at a ridiculous cost compared to doing the above. ;)

UPDATE

I used Choice Air for Tampa to London and Found $99 fare Newark to Tampa leaving at 10:30 AM on Delta.

Both booked now on to find a place to stay a few days in London.

Thanks everyone for your help.