LittleMissMagic's ~INDEPENDENCE~ Christmas Cruise **Photo Review**

Yay, another review, thanks so much. We are considering a Caribbean cruise out of Florida in May 2015 for our family vacation, 2 adults and 2-3 kiddos (our teenage son usually brings his best friend). We are considering RCCL and Carnival as Disney is not in our budget. Love your pics and writing style, cant wait to read more.

So excited to see one of your reviews. I know you from mousebuzz and absolutely love all your TR's. and now I see you belong to CC... AWESOME :)

I will also be traveling on the IOS for their last sailing of May 2015. My son's graduation celebration trip. :D

I'm so excited that you are posting another review. I just finished reading your Royal Princess one on your blog and came here to see if you went on another holiday cruise... My oldest daughter is going off to college next fall and we are huge vacation travelers. We usually travel the week of Thanksgiving but most colleges don't give you the full week off so I started researching other options. Cruises look fun during Christmas time and so far I was impressed with your weather conditions . The only thing that scares me is airfare. We have done a disney cruise over thanksgiving and the ship was decorated very nice. Do you prefer cruising Christmas week or New Years' week?

Hi Victoria! So glad you posted the link to your new review on your old reviews (I still get the notifications). I was following your blog before Christmas, but haven't had a chance to catch up again.

Indy was our spring break 2014 cruise; I'm anxious to get your take on it.

I'm so excited that you are posting another review. I just finished reading your Royal Princess one on your blog and came here to see if you went on another holiday cruise... My oldest daughter is going off to college next fall and we are huge vacation travelers. We usually travel the week of Thanksgiving but most colleges don't give you the full week off so I started researching other options. Cruises look fun during Christmas time and so far I was impressed with your weather conditions . The only thing that scares me is airfare. We have done a disney cruise over thanksgiving and the ship was decorated very nice. Do you prefer cruising Christmas week or New Years' week?

We would love to cruise over New Year's week. Unfortunately, every time I've looked the economic reality slaps me - we can either do 3 cruises during lower demand times, or one at New Years for about the same amount of money - so we've not ended up cruising over New Year's so far!

YAY!!!!!:D:D

Victoria, I am SO glad to have come across this review!

LOVE your reviews!!!!

What a hectic start to your vacation. I would FREAK out if I missed my flight.:eek:

Thank GOD for the Dos Equis to calm the nerves.

Cannot WAIT to read more!!!!

Where's Max????:confused:

Yay, another Victoria photography exhibit :D

Congrats on having one of your photos be the CC FB cover photo for a week. :)

I didn't know you were going to UCLA. I guess I really should subscribe to your blog and then I wouldn't have to go back and spend hours reading all your L.A. posts to catch up. I haven't been on Flickr much lately either, so I might have missed some L.A. photos there as well. Sigh. I got my degree just up the coast from you. Have you been to Malibu yet?

I was in L.A. New Years week (never again :eek: ). Unfortunately, they don't have another Rose Parade in the off season. I'll be posting my photos from my L.A. trip on Flickr as soon as I get them edited, maybe in another month or so :o

I'm looking forward to the rest of this review. I haven't been on a Freedom Class ship (yet).

Welcome back!

I remember your reviews and I am looking forward to this one!

We are on the Indy this coming November for a b2b!

Thank you, thank you! It's good to be back!

I'm so excited for this! Independence is our next "big" vacation and the last Freedom class ship we haven't sailed on.

This was my first time sailing on a Freedom-class ship. While aboard, an episode of building the world's largest cruise ship, Freedom of the Seas, aired on RCTV. It's funny to think how excited we were back then for the Freedom class, looking at the mega-ships of today!

I couldn't tell from your crazy airplane story on the blog what ship you were scurrying to.:D Until now.

I like to leave a bit of mystery! :D

What relief you must have felt to make the cruise in the nick of time! I hope you were able to properly unwind after that stressful day and enjoy the cruise 100%!

*following along*

Our first two days were a bit slow, recovering from jet-lag and sickness, but it was a great cruise and very relaxing.

Great start!!! Looking forward to the rest of your review!!:):)

Thank you!

Ah! Super excited! Can't wait to read this!!!!

Yeah! Thanks!

Great start!!! Looking forward to the rest of your review!!:):)

I'll warn you - it might be a little slow-coming! But hopefully it will be worth it!

Yay! So happy to log on and see a LMM review! What a horrible accident...so glad your mom and sister are okay. And so glad you made the ship!!!!

No Max on this trip???

Looking forward to the rest of the review! Thanks for the time and effort!

Max didn't join us on the cruise, but he did meet up with us immediately after the cruise for a week at Disney World!

I'm in! Loved your DCL TR. Glad you made the boat!

The DCL cruise was a great one - we're still talking about it! And it was such a relief to make the ship!

Victoria.

Nice to read another one of your reviews. It was unfortunate to read the news story about your mom and sisters accident, thankfully they are OK. Now for your review. I can't wait to read about the fun that you and your family have had.

Andrew

The accident was very scary! That's our white suburban with the front smashed in shown in the photo. We are so lucky that my mom and Rachel were okay.

Very nice photos, I have been on the 8 day trip on the indy and a great photo shot is between St Martin and St Kitts at night when the ship drifts for awhile. Just go to the helicopter pad

I didn't even think about long exposures from the helicopter pad! It is so windy on a typical night, but cruising at low speeds it might be very nice. Thanks for the suggestion - I'll have to try that the next time I get the chance.

Following!

We're cruising on the Indy in Oct so I'm looking forward to your review. :D

Awesome! The ship is in good shape - I think you'll enjoy it!

Glad to see another LMM review! Looking forward to it!

Thank you! Glad to have you here!

Glad to have found your review. Love your pictures and writing style. We will be on IOS the end of February so I can't wait to read about your experiences on the ship as well as what you ended up doing in the ports. We are also going to do a lot of spur of the moment plans in port on this trip. We have not booked any excursions yet.

Spur-of-the-moment works well for us in the Caribbean, especially ports we're familiar with. And it's nice because if it happens to be raining and we were planning to go to a beach, we can just do something else because nothing is pre-booked.

Love your reviews, can't wait to follow along! :)

Thanks for joining in!

Two of my favorite things. I may never cruise at Christmas, but who knows, I'm sure I'll learn something I can use in the future. Thanks for doing so, I am sure I will enjoy, now off to reading.

Perfect! Glad to have you!

We have a group of eight heading out on the Independence on the May 31st sailing. Love the pics so far!!! Thanks for sharing.

And thank you for reading!

How long will your sister be "booted"?

Well, Rachel was actually determined to be rid of the boot before the cruise, but that didn't quite work out in her favor. So then her goal was to get rid of the boot by the second formal night. As my aunt would say, "Beauty must suffer." She was then in and out of the boot for the rest of the trip as she felt she needed it.

Go Tigers!!!

C-L-E-M-S-O-N T-I-G-E-RRRRRR-S!

Yay, another review, thanks so much. We are considering a Caribbean cruise out of Florida in May 2015 for our family vacation, 2 adults and 2-3 kiddos (our teenage son usually brings his best friend). We are considering RCCL and Carnival as Disney is not in our budget. Love your pics and writing style, cant wait to read more.

Awesome! I think this cruise is comparable to the 8-day on the Carnival Breeze which I sailed back in March. You might check out that review for comparison.

So excited to see one of your reviews. I know you from mousebuzz and absolutely love all your TR's. and now I see you belong to CC... AWESOME :)

I will also be traveling on the IOS for their last sailing of May 2015. My son's graduation celebration trip. :D

Hello, friend! Congratulations on your son's graduation - what a great celebration planned!