LittleMissMagic's ~INDEPENDENCE~ Christmas Cruise **Photo Review**

LMM, I'm very disappointed there was no picture of you making a fool of yourself while dancing with the waiters at Johnny Rockets.:( I guess you just forgot to post it.:D

Hehe... I'm just relieved my family didn't think to photograph it, or else I would feel obligated to share the photos with you all!

DH and I were on the L&M Game on our honeymoon on the Grandeur in 2009 (came in 2nd place, as I recall - we'll have to watch our DVD to relive the memories!) But we actually loved becoming minor celebrities for the rest of the cruise! It was fun having random people strike up a conversation with us. It also gave a chance to get to know the cruise staff a little bit, and we chatted with them every time we saw them for the rest of the cruise. It's definitely one of our favorite cruise memories!

I don't remember really having to do anything to "audition." They asked who was a newly married couple, and there was another couple and us who were on our honeymoon, and they asked what our wedding dates were, and we were married the day after them, so we were technically more "newly"-wed. (A funny side-note is that they were staying at the same Bed & Breakfast as us on our wedding night! We saw them there in the morning, during breakfast, and then a few days later on the ship!)

I think there is greater popularity for Love & Marriage and more desire to participate on the larger ships, especially during the holiday season. There are lots of big families aboard who can cheer for their own (and before I've seen it when the newlyweds were the grandchildren of the longest married), so perhaps that also increases participation.

For our show, even the longest married had to audition (using the "oohy, oohy" line) because the couple who had actually been married the longest didn't wish to participate.

How did you like Cockleshell Beach? How deep did the water get as you went out from shore? Were the kayaks and wave runners I saw in your pics available for rent? Would you go back there?

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this review. It is very helpful to me in planning for our turn on the Indy

Cockelshell Beach wasn't the fanciest, but it was pretty uncrowded. The water didn't get too deep too fast - plenty of room for wading, and the water was calm. Last time we were in St. Kitts, we went to Turtle Beach which (though it's been five years) was a little nicer as far as beach chairs and amenities.

The kayaks and jet skis were available for rent. There was a booth for recreation rentals, but I didn't check prices.

DID you get to see the Capuchin Monkeys and Iguanas at the beach? When we were there 2 years ago, they were right across the road from the beach. I remember seeing all the college pennants at the bar, also. U R correct about the eggs in the WJ. I will only order them in the MDR

There was actually a cage with monkeys at the beach. I didn't take any photos because I knew as soon as I did, someone would be coming to collect money from me. There was a guy who walked a monkey around the beach for photos, and it was so tiny and calm. It just chilled in this lady's lap like a little dog.

Set Sail

I have never seen more "runners" than on this cruise. There were guests running to catch the cruise ship immediately before departure in every port (except Labadee). It provided good entertainment for the guests watching from their balconies, though. Before we left, the captain made an announcement that we were waiting on two guests, so we would stay an extra few minutes to see if they could make it. I'm not sure if they did or not. We might have left them in St. Kitts.

16304718042_2b1e23052d_b.jpg

Ocean Princess by vshingl, on Flickr

16303791011_cfea2fc944_b.jpg

16118208810_132b1dc0f0_b.jpg

16118028808_62d1b2574d_b.jpg

Neighbors by vshingl, on Flickr

16279643216_59c98dcd1a_b.jpg

Dock by vshingl, on Flickr

Good-bye, Ocean Princess!

15683154624_ba77810efe_b.jpg

Line Handler by vshingl, on Flickr

Edited by LittleMissMagic

I really enjoy the review and the pictures. How do you say in such good shape and eat all that food? Do you go to the gym each day during your cruise?

Haha, thank you! I never made it to the gym the entire cruise. I actually brought workout gear with me, forgetting that Rachel was in a walking boot and not capable of joining me.... not that I normally go to the gym on a cruise.

16118196000_6cf4407ae6_b.jpg

St. Kitts by vshingl, on Flickr

16119412699_03ef02f6b5_b.jpg

16303776701_5a3b6e20e5_b.jpg

Pool Deck by vshingl, on Flickr

On the top deck photo walking, and guess who I ran into...

16305564055_232e7f9b30_b.jpg

Photo Walking by vshingl, on Flickr

We agreed to do another lap around the top deck together. Dad was trying to catch the sunset. I was in love with these big, beautiful clouds.

16303776121_3b1b3e220a_b.jpg

Loyalty Party

When does my family get somewhere on time? When there's free booze. Naturally, we were at the Platinum+ Loyalty Party in the Pyramid Lounge before the doors opened.

Rachel and I missed the Welcome Back Party for all Crown & Anchor Members earlier that week due to our massage appointments, but Mom and Dad said it wasn't much of a party. I'm told that there was a much greater variety of beverages and hors d'oeurves at the Platinum+ party. Though, at risk of sounding like a diva, I was disappointed that they didn't offer caviar like they have in the past.

16304702772_fd0a6944af_b.jpg

Christmas by vshingl, on Flickr

16304701042_cc90c7fef8_b.jpg

Bubbly by vshingl, on Flickr

Champagne, champagne, champagne. Once you see the South Carolina State University Marching 101's

, you won't be able to say it only once.

16119709187_84560bde02_b.jpg

Champagne Champagne Champagne by vshingl, on Flickr

It is nice to see that they had a better location for the upper tier C&A party for you. On our Thanksgiving cruise on the Indy they had it in the Solarium... there were about 20 chairs around a few tables, no food....fruity, heavy, drinks,... the worst party we've ever been to .... we didn't even see any officers at the party.... it was extremely disappointing...:(:(

Glad to see they treated you better :D:D

I'm enjoying reliving our cruise through your review.