Can't reserve ahead if you have the Ultimate Dining Package?

Chrislynn55

Has anyone with the Ultimate Dining Package been able to reserve restaurant dates and times from home in advance of sailing?

The UDP is offered as a perk if you book a cruise now, but an NCL rep says that passengers with UDP have to wait until they're on board to reserve the restaurants. If you're willing to pay for each restaurant individually they'll take a reservation now though!

Don't you have to be inside of 90 days to book and 100 days for suite guests? That's my understanding so maybe you're not that close to sailing? Not sure if that's the issue. I don't generally book dinners in advance, as I think it interferes with my "freestyle" vibe.. Lol.

I had the same issue. Booked with the UDP, UBP and $300 on board credit [suite] and then was unable to book reservations for dinner.

I called NCL and because I had a $200.00 discount for PA residence I did not get the other perks although it showed on NCL website that it would be included.

I had to pay $200 more for the discount I got in order to get the other perks. Still ahead but NCL website should say that if you have reduced fairs you dont get the current promo.

First and last time I am booking direct. Lesson learned my TA does much better.

Has anyone with the Ultimate Dining Package been able to reserve restaurant dates and times from home in advance of sailing?

The UDP is offered as a perk if you book a cruise now, but an NCL rep says that passengers with UDP have to wait until they're on board to reserve the restaurants. If you're willing to pay for each restaurant individually they'll take a reservation now though!

The key to understanding the problem is highlighted above in red...another bad answer from an NCL telephone customer service rep.

Don't you have to be inside of 90 days to book and 100 days for suite guests? That's my understanding so maybe you're not that close to sailing? Not sure if that's the issue. I don't generally book dinners in advance, as I think it interferes with my "freestyle" vibe.. Lol.

The sailing we're looking at is within a few weeks.

Maybe I should call back and see what a different rep says.....

I had the same issue. Booked with the UDP, UBP and $300 on board credit [suite] and then was unable to book reservations for dinner.

I called NCL and because I had a $200.00 discount for PA residence I did not get the other perks although it showed on NCL website that it would be included.

I had to pay $200 more for the discount I got in order to get the other perks. Still ahead but NCL website should say that if you have reduced fairs you dont get the current promo.

First and last time I am booking direct. Lesson learned my TA does much better.

In this case your TA couldn't have helped you out. NCL is not permitting the Freestyle Choice promotion to be combined with other promotions such as AARP, Latitudes Insider Offer, etc. Your TA could have stood on his/her head and whistled "Dixie" and it wouldn't matter.

Showing the available possible discounts on the website doesn't automatically mean you can combine them.

In this case your TA couldn't have helped you out. NCL is not permitting the Freestyle Choice promotion to be combined with other promotions such as AARP, Latitudes Insider Offer, etc. Your TA could have stood on his/her head and whistled "Dixie" and it wouldn't matter.

Showing the available possible discounts on the website doesn't automatically mean you can combine them.

My TA may not have been able to do latitudes reduced fairs but typically they are able to add in a few more perks such as wine, more OBC, etc. Only reason I didn't book through TA was it was weekend and she was off. Wanted a specific room.

Don't call. Try booking them online through your "My NCL" account page. I'd be surprised if that didn't work.

This totally worked! The cost came up as $0 and all of the reservations are confirmed and in my vacation summary. Thank you :)

I'm 95 days out from my first NCL cruise on the Epic, purchased the dining packages last week, but when I go online to try and book it says

We are sorry, this event is not available to book online at the moment. Please check back later or book on board the ship."

Above that it says reserve dining on 4/12, the day the ship leaves.

Am I too far out to book, or is something going on?

My TA may not have been able to do latitudes reduced fairs but typically they are able to add in a few more perks such as wine, more OBC, etc. Only reason I didn't book through TA was it was weekend and she was off. Wanted a specific room.

Those perks are probably given by the TA and not NCL.

Those perks are probably given by the TA and not NCL.

That's what they said. O_o

Right...but the poster's original complaint didn't mention the TA perks...it was complaining that she couldn't get promotions combined and implied that their TA could have gotten them...which is not the case. The TA perks were brought up only after it was pointed out that her original complaint had no merit.

Right...but the poster's original complaint didn't mention the TA perks...it was complaining that she couldn't get promotions combined and implied that their TA could have gotten them...which is not the case. The TA perks were brought up only after it was pointed out that her original complaint had no merit.

That might be, I only read up until the post that was originally quoted. If the other poster referred to an earlier post, they should have quoted it instead.