no one will answer me

zdsprak4

I think my name is on the pest do not bother with her... I sent in a lower cost form and never heard back.. then I sent two emails and never heard back. Even if I was wrong about finding a lower price I feel someone should have at the very least emailed me and said you are a wacko no lower price for you. I see where most of you hear back within a couple of days. Have I been to much of a pest?

I'd definitely call. When I submitted mine I got an automated rejection within a couple of hours, which was sorted out and I was credited for the price drop. But I definitely got a response within a couple hours and full resolution with credit showing on my account within 24 hours. Give 'em a call.

I think my name is on the pest do not bother with her... I sent in a lower cost form and never heard back.. then I sent two emails and never heard back. Even if I was wrong about finding a lower price I feel someone should have at the very least emailed me and said you are a wacko no lower price for you. I see where most of you hear back within a couple of days. Have I been to much of a pest?

This is now why I work with a TA. It's their bread and butter whereas with Carnival people it seems just a job to them 9 to 5. I use the travel agency through Discover card. If you have one, check it out.

I would definitely call. That is why I like having a PVP. He gets it taken care of right then and there while I am on the phone. No having to go back and forth with a 3rd party that hates doing price drops because it reduces their commission, and no waiting for an email response.

But if you are using a TA, then Carnival cannot do anything for you - you need to go through them. If you booked direct and didn't use a PVP, then call the 800 number. Or even if you used a PVP and they haven't gotten back to you, then call the 800 number. That's the nice thing about either booking direct or using a PVP - you can always get someone to help you out 24 hours a day!

Edited by firemanbobswife

Thanks for getting in touch with us. We wanted to let you know we received your email. Our team will be processing requests in the order received so please bear with us as email volumes are quite heavy right now. Once your request has been serviced, there is no need to contact us as we will send you a confirmation (or an email response) within 7 days.

Thank you for your patience. We value your business and appreciate this opportunity to assist.

Sincerely,

Carnival Cruise Lines

Guest Solutions

Please do not reply to this email as the mailbox is not monitored.

So I took screen shots and are hoping to hear soon

I put in a request and got a response back denied. I called the number they sent with the denial and the rep took care of it for me and I got my OBC. The number to call is 800-438-6744 ext 70355.

SAME thing happened to me regarding a very large price drop end of Novemeber, and I waited patiently like the form said, and didn't call. Finally after 4 days I decided to call, and it was TOO LATE. They said they have no record of me filing the form and they suddenly had "no record" that the sale price even existed! Basically I got a "too bad so sad" from Carnival. I spoke to several people and got no where, but what they did tell me was...."you know what you can learn from this, just call us right away next time so we have your phone call on record with the price information" THEY WERE BLAMING ME!!! UGH. So, learn from my mistake and call them every hour on hour until you get a response. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I would definitely call. That is why I like having a PVP. He gets it taken care of right then and there while I am on the phone. No having to go back and forth with a 3rd party that hates doing price drops because it reduces their commission, and no waiting for an email response.

But if you are using a TA, then Carnival cannot do anything for you - you need to go through them. If you booked direct and didn't use a PVP, then call the 800 number. Or even if you used a PVP and they haven't gotten back to you, then call the 800 number. That's the nice thing about either booking direct or using a PVP - you can always get someone to help you out 24 hours a day!

agreed

I'd definitely call. When I submitted mine I got an automated rejection within a couple of hours, which was sorted out and I was credited for the price drop. But I definitely got a response within a couple hours and full resolution with credit showing on my account within 24 hours. Give 'em a call.

I also got the automated rejection letter twice and both time I received the price drop after calling.

I also got the automated rejection letter twice and both time I received the price drop after calling.

This is something that has just recently started happening with our bookings and price drops. It began this past fall when I submitted a price drop. Didn't hear anything but finally did an email search and found the denial in my spam folder. I called the number on the email and spent a lot of time on the phone sorting it out. The only thing that saved me was I had taken a screen shot (I do this every single time there's a price drop). Finally they were able to go back in the system and recreate the sale. This was for our April cruise.

The other day a friend who is sailing on the same fall cruise with us found a $60 price drop. I submitted and the next morning was rejected. Her's was put right through. This time I decided to test the "why bother booking with a PVP when I can do it myself" and sent an email to my PVP explaining what had happened along with the screen shot. I asked if he could help and luckily he got it straightened out in minutes.

Now I'm thinking that either Carnival has some real doozies working in their price adjustment department or they send these denials out hoping people won't follow up, won't get them in time and the sale will be over with a too bad attitude without a screen shot.

This was never an issue in the past as I'd just pick up the phone and call my PVP and he'd take care if it while I was on the phone. Now he says policy requires everyone to complete the Price Protection form so there's a paper trail for price drops.

Edited by UpstateCruizer

SAME thing happened to me regarding a very large price drop end of Novemeber, and I waited patiently like the form said, and didn't call. Finally after 4 days I decided to call, and it was TOO LATE. They said they have no record of me filing the form and they suddenly had "no record" that the sale price even existed! Basically I got a "too bad so sad" from Carnival. I spoke to several people and got no where, but what they did tell me was...."you know what you can learn from this, just call us right away next time so we have your phone call on record with the price information" THEY WERE BLAMING ME!!! UGH. So, learn from my mistake and call them every hour on hour until you get a response. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Due to many experiences like this reported on CC and the fact the first time I filled out the form it was denied, I now always call in. When they ask if I sent in the form I tell them I don't have access to a computer at the time. Gets approved every time.

I have 2 cabins on 1 cruise and sent in a form for each yesterday for an OBC (no actual price drop) and one was approved within the hour the other I didn't hear from so I sent it again and had the approval this morning when I got up.

I think maybe you need to be a bigger pest.

I have 2 cabins on 1 cruise and sent in a form for each yesterday for an OBC (no actual price drop) and one was approved within the hour the other I didn't hear from so I sent it again and had the approval this morning when I got up.

Same situation, however, I never got a response about the second cabin. Re-submitted the form and nothing. Called in and spoke to a rep who stated they never got my submission for the second cabin even though I sent it twice. He took care of it over the phone. Now, I'm always calling.

Same situation, however, I never got a response about the second cabin. Re-submitted the form and nothing. Called in and spoke to a rep who stated they never got my submission for the second cabin even though I sent it twice. He took care of it over the phone. Now, I'm always calling.

I have 3 cabins and submitted last night. 2 of 3 were approved in minutes. The third is lost in space, apparently. I've submitted it again this morning. If I don't hear back by this afternoon, I'm going to call. Total savings for the 3 cabins so far is around $1100. Then I used the Verizon cards to pay for most of it and saved another 10%! I'm stoked! :D