Early saver event going on, includes up to $50 OBC

20somethingguy

Just found out that Carnival.com is having an Early Saver event where if you book that rate before Jan 11th, they will give you an onboard credit of up to $50 per stateroom ($25 per person, 6-9 day cruises).

Just called to ask if this is covered under the Price protection clause of the Early Saver rate (which I booked in late December). After a short hold, she said yes and that I'd need to fill out the Price Protection form online.

Hopefully the OBC gets applied easily the first time.

Thought anyone who booked the early saver or is on the fence for booking a cruise this summer might want to hear about this.

we switched to this promo 3 days ago saving $20 and getting the $50 on board credit. Submitted a form yesterday for another $160 it was approved and today submitted another form for $100 waiting for approval.

Thanks for mentioning the category upgrade, CaliCash.

Looked online and sure enough, I can get upgraded from a balcony to extended balcony for no extra money...

I called asking about it, and they changed it after I was persistent. The agent was saying that extended balconies cost a hundred or so more, and then she started talking cabin categories...

Long story short, I am now in an extended balcony on a deck high than before in a cushioned deck (between two decks with staterooms).

Sweet!

I filled out the price protection form for this promotion a couple days ago and was denied. (Twice) I called the number on the denial and the rep I spoke with approved it and I ended up with $60 from the price drop and $50 for the OBC. $110 approx total). Moral of this story is to either call or make sure you make a screen shot for proof of the sale.

I'm curious how does carnival lick who gets this? I've gone on more cruises then my husband but they said I don't qualify for it only he does.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This isn't some special sale for only certain cruisers. Anyone can book early saver right now and benefit from this promo. Or if you are already booked, you can check your prices and see if you qualify for a price drop and/or the OBC only.

Directions to the sale page---->

1. Go to Carnival.com on a laptop or desktop (not the mobile site)

2. Scroll all the way down and look in the bottom left corner. Click Early Saver Specials link underneath the Special Offers area.

3. You will see the page titled Early Saver Event. Lists all of the main things.

Not sure if it's ok to post the link per message board rules, but it's there.

You can also find it under cruise deals.

ImageUploadedByForums1420769517.043452.jpg.cb46c57519b79972effdae2ca20dde65.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1420769463.437578.jpg.666dce3f5a2edb6017f4f09a5d91cae0.jpg

Hey Rob, here is my understanding of how the upgrades work.

The upgrades are for in-kind stateroom categories on an availability basis.

Only interior can upgrade to an ocean view. Balcony can upgrade to a better balcony. Suite can only upgrade to a better suite.

For example, I booked an unobstructed view, standard balcony. I was able to upgrade to an extended balcony one deck higher for no additional charge.

If you are booking online during this deal, you will see the available upgrades after you choose the room category and location in the ship (aft, midship, front). In brackets it will say something like "this upgrade is included" underneath the various options (such as under which deck and room categories).

If you are already booked under an early saver rate, just call in and ask about what upgrades are available within your category.

Disclaimer: I'm new to cruising and this post is based on my understanding of the sale. Please check online for all of the terms, conditions and how upgrades work in case I misunderstood it.

Edited by 20somethingguy

Liquorstore, it isn't for all cruises.

It's only for the ones which the Early Saver rate is available.

I think the early saver rate is closed out several months before sailing. I'd guess it's 3-5 months before sailing, but don't quote me ;-)