Venice and Barcelona hotel?

villager13

Venice - Hilton Stucky Molino on Guidecca Island

Barcelona - Hilton Diagonal Mar

Obviously an HHonors member. Or, a Hilton Family employee;)

On the Continental in Barcelona: definitely "different". Stayed there with 2 friends (they picked the hotel). It shares the building with 2 other hotels (one a hostel). It's not on the ground floor - you access it via either stairs or a small elevator. It reminded me of a brothel with those walls and all the pink!!! And, I had to laugh at the Rubbermaid-style plastic organizers that served as the "dressers" in the room!!! The one saving grace of that place was that my little single room had a balcony with a bar table and stool that looked out on La Rambla.

My pick in Venice: Westin Europa and Regina. Right at the entrance to the Grand Canal on the Guidecca. Easy walk to anywhere you want to go, but just off the tourist track in the St. Marks area. Next trip, it'll be there or the St. Regis (depending on the HOT rate ;) )

We stay at the Eurostar Gran Marina hotel which literally is a 5 minute walk from the cruise terminal. It's a beautiful hotel, with stunning views and a very good location for walking into the city ( or catching the HoHo bus which stops right outside)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I recommend keeping a close eye on Hotwire hot rates. We SCORED the Hilton Molino Stucky in Venice for $135/night (yes, dollars!) and as we are Hilton Gold members, got upgraded to a canal view room with breakfast, happy hour etc at no additional charge. As I have said several times here, I would normally not recommend a large chain hotel in Europe but this is a converted flour mill and a Hilton like no other. Just look for a five star hotel on Guidecca and that will be it.

In Barcelona, we LOVED Hotel 1898, right on Las Ramblas and absolutely beautiful.