Zaandam Deck 3 Cabin Noise

Darrell6t

We are looking at a cabin on Lower Promenade that is probably under the Wajang Theater. I am wondering if anyone has been in a cabin starboard side in that part of the ship and has any info on noise from loud films being shown in the evenings. Or during naptime?

I have stayed in cabins between the atrium and mid-ship on all the S- and R-class ships, multiple times, and usually starboard side. It's my preferred area---never a hint of noise, and so convenient.

On one cruise friends were in a cabin on port side. We went through incredibly rough seas, and they heard the Pinnacle Grill dishes crashing and breaking, but that is uncommon.

Zaandam Lower Prom starboard is fine in this area - I agree with Ruth.

Not that you asked but do avoid port side from midship elevators aft, as some of this area is under the kitchen and/or besides the piping area from the engine room. Really noisy and the vibration can be bad!

Not that you asked but do avoid port side from midship elevators aft, as some of this area is under the kitchen and/or besides the piping area from the engine room. Really noisy and the vibration can be bad!

Agreed, at least as far as mid-ship to the aft staircase goes. Same is true for starboard; I wouldn't chance it on that side, either.

Agreed, at least as far as mid-ship to the aft staircase goes. Same is true for starboard; I wouldn't chance it on that side, either.
Agreed - we once had 3385 on the Amsterdam and had lots of loud thumping above us in the wee hours of the morning. :(

Thank you RuthC, and others. I am feeling better about our cabin choice. Next will be some questions about the land portion of Double Denali. We did the Oosterdam a while back Seatle round-trip, but have not been up to Fairbanks and Ancorage before.