filet at murano- sauces/sides

laurenfl15

Edit- oops! I mean tuscan grille!!

Silly question, but I'm dreaming of our cruise so im ridiculously overplanning.

Ill admit it, specialty restaurants are one our favorite parts of cruising. We love filets.

However, the sauce on menu doesn't sound appetizing. Do they by any chance offer hollandaise or Bearnaise as an alternate? Can you get substitute sides that are available under other entrees?

I am a people pleaser so would rather know in advance then bug the staff with unreasonable request.

Edited by laurenfl15
wrong restaurant

You have definitely received an answer about ordering steak in Murano, where you can get chateaubriand and Dover Sole. But if you meant Tuscan, not Murano, then it might not be possible to receive a French-based sauce for your steak. Tuscan has more Mediterranean and Italian sauces, not béarnaise. Hollandaise isn't normally served on steak, so it's doubtful that Tuscan would have that, either.

Edited by cruisestitch

You have definitely received an answer about ordering steak in Murano, where you can get chateaubriand and Dover Sole. But if you meant Tuscan, not Murano, then it might not be possible to receive a French-based sauce for your steak. Tuscan has more Mediterranean and Italian sauces, not béarnaise. Hollandaise isn't normally served on steak, so it's doubtful that Tuscan would have that, either.

The best steak I ever had was a bacon wrapped filet with Dijon hollandaise. Delicious!

I guess it was a long shoot for an Italian steakhouse to have french sauce :D

I will have to expand my horizons!

Hollandaise and Bearnaise sauce were definitely available in both Tuscan and Murano restaurants aboard the Eclipse recently. In Murano I also had Tournedos Rossini and Steak Diane during our cruise, although not on the menu they will prepare given notice.

On our last cruise, we at at ss United States on the infinity. I asked if they could do steak Diane but apparently they need a day's notice. Instead, they asked if I would like the chateaubriand. I said that wouldn't work since my wife doesn't enjoy steak. They said no problem. They just served the whole filet to me :). So there are two possible alternatives for you if they don't have the sauce you like.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On our last cruise, we at at ss United States on the infinity. I asked if they could do steak Diane but apparently they need a day's notice. Instead, they asked if I would like the chateaubriand. I said that wouldn't work since my wife doesn't enjoy steak. They said no problem. They just served the whole filet to me :). So there are two possible alternatives for you if they don't have the sauce you like.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My favorite specialty restaurant and I'm surprised they couldn't whip up Steak Diane on short notice. It's a simple dish.

The filet in Tuscan is so wonderful that no sauce is needed! Nor is a knife:D

We went to Tuscan a second time last Nov just to make sure the first was not a dream! This year when back on Equinox we will go to Tuscan & Silk Harvest 2 times each, and Murano once.