Video tour of newly refurbished Aurora

magpieman

I took this video on our recent trip to Amsterdam and Bruges, the ship is lovely now it's been refurbished.

Just viewed your video. Absolutely fabulous. Thanks very much for sharing that with us. .The ship looks in good shape now. The menu for Sindhu looks good. Did you use the restaurant? We will be on board in a few weeks and really looking forward to it.

Edited by PRINCESSTHE BEST

Just viewed your video. Absolutely fabulous. Thanks very much for sharing that with us. .The ship looks in good shape now. The menu for Sindhu looks good. Did you use the restaurant? We will be on board in a few weeks and really looking forward to it.

Yes we had a meal in Sindhu it cost £20 per person and worth every penny. The biryani was excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the video. Never seen anything from her before, so its nice to see what its like.

Some of the new areas look really nice (like the Horizon) but I was surprised at how dated some of the others look (like the Crystal Pool). The old and new seem to be at odds with each other.

I appreciate that its a smaller ship, and so is a little more 'cozy' but it did seem a little too close in places.

Still, each to their own, I know not everyone likes the larger vessels, so its nice to have the variety in the fleet.

What a lovely tour, thanks so much Magpieman. We're going on Aurora in 9 months & seeing something like this gets me excited at the thought of our cruise again! We haven't been on her before but have been on 2 other P&O ships. This one reminds me of Oriana & is a similar size too.

Thanks ;)

Great video, magpieman. She is looking lovely. We were on her in November just before her re-fit and it was great to see the refurbishment. Thanks so much. You should send that to P&O - it is a great promotion of the Aurora!

Great video, magpieman. She is looking lovely. We were on her in November just before her re-fit and it was great to see the refurbishment. Thanks so much. You should send that to P&O - it is a great promotion of the Aurora!

Thanks for the comment Scriv and everyone, glad you like it although I suspect P&O have their own people who do a lot better more professional videos than an amateur like me. I like videoing when we cruise it's great to look back on in the dark winter days when the cruise is just a distant happy memory. :)

Fantastic video. We sailed on her to the Fjords last year and loved the ship. Thank you.:cool:

Hi we are cruising on Aurora to the Fjords soon and cant wait to get onboard! We have only cruised once before which was on RCI Independence of The Seas which was amazing and we realise Aurora will be different to Indy so it will be interesting to get a different experience from P and O. We have never been to the Fjords either so do you have any advice concerning both the ship and destination? Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks for this tour. She looks great. I was on the last cruise before the refit so can really see the difference!

I shall be on Oceans in March but will be looking to book something on Aurora while onboard, she is my favourite ship.

To lostboys,

You're in for a treat in the fjords. We went there on our 1st cruise, (actually we did only 4 days of a longer cruise.) It was magical. The scenery is so fantastic & I'd love to return one day & go further north.

As for advice, go on the Flaam Railway trip if you possibly can. It was the highlight of the holiday for us. We didn't do the whole cruise because we flew to Bergen & stayed there for several days first & then joined the ship. So I have to admit that we did the Flaam railway under our own steam, while staying in Bergen. It was a long day trip for us, but I know the cruises usually offer this from a closer port, even if it's only the railway part - which is the best bit :) It wont be cheap, but it will be worth it.

Another wonderful trip was the funicular railway up the mountain in Bergen. The views from up there are wonderful & a good contrast to the views from the ship for the rest of the time.

The cost of everything is very high in Norway, but at least you're not compelled to spend much as all meals etc. will be on board. If you have family who will be expecting gifts from your holiday, warn them not to expect much!

Other than that, take some warm layers, comfortable walking shoes/trainers & waterproofs & plenty of film for your camera :D

Enjoy & look after Aurora for us, we'll be going on her in Oct. We haven't been on her before, so I can't tell you anything about her. Maybe you can tell me, after your return!

What a great video! Aurora has always been my favourite ship and thankfully your video shows she has not been spoilt! Quite a few people were unsure (including me!) about the changes! Can't wait to sail on her again!

To PCMRSM60

Thanks for your reply, you have confirmed what we are thinking about the Fjords, It sounds like a beautiful place to visit. One of our port days is at Flaam so we have booked to go on the excursion for the railway which as you have highlighed seems like a no brainer. Bergen looks like a lovely place to explore and a ride on the funicular looks good although we have just learned that Seranade of the Seas is in Bergen on the same day so i guess a lot of places will be crowded. I have a feeling we will be returning once we have experienced the sights for the first time!

Lostboys,

Thanks for the reply. Don't worry about another ship being in port when you are. You'll (probably) find that in every port - we have on each of our cruises!

Sometimes the same ships followed us around for several days :D. It was quite funny. In Copenhagen there were at least 4 ships in a row. The ports & facilities are used to it.

We haven't returned to a place we've seen briefly on a cruise, but we have said we should. It's a good idea. When do you go? Enjoy the fjords!