On board Quantum of the Seas - 12 night cruise

MsB1254

Overall. How are people dressing for dinner on this ship? I would think it is a lot more casual, but maybe not. I need help packing. Thanks!

I haven't seen many men in shorts in the various dining venues but actually pretty casual except for the Grande which is formal. There has been a wide variety but definitely on the resort casual side.

I didn't realize the desk pulled out to be used as a table either but it's a really nice feature and much better than the usual coffee table.

I can't take credit -- my brother in law figured it out. He also said the drawers are magnetic -- no more opening and closing during stormy weather! That I didn't check out:)

Edited by Lady Hudson

I can't take credit -- my brother in law figured it out. He also said the drawers are magnetic -- no more opening and closing during stormy weather! That I didn't check out:)

Thanks for the info! I did notice that they were soft close.

I am on this same cruise and in Martinique, we did the Botanical Garden excursion through the ship. A couple of points about that excursion.

• On the way over, we stopped at a church was interesting to see.
  • You get a guided tour in English through the gardens which helps since the self guide signs are all in French.
  • There is an aerial walkway portion that you can skip if you wish. It is not the majority of the garden but very nice.
  • We took a different route back and saw the headless statue of Napoleon's wife in the park on the return. Again, we had good commentary explaining the sights during the trip.

Recommended!

Thanks for the information!

I don't like the new system on this ship for photos. I know it saves a lot of paper because none are printed out until your purchase them. You just use your seapass card to pull them up on the monitor. The bad thing is the logo is all over them so you can't even see facial expressions in some cases. I also liked see the photos all over of other passengers. At least now you don't have to hunt through a sea of photos.