Another Latittudes level...?

Crown Vic

Clearly those of us that cruise a lot feel new levels are needed. This debate got very active shortly after the new plan rolled out. Many wrote to NCL and they did send out a survey with many of the suggested changes. Then nothing.

I was on the Gem last winter and there were 350+ platinum cruisers onboard. That is crazy. 2 10 day suite cruises booked right will make you platinum. I reached platinum the old fashion way with 14 cruises. First cruise at platinum there were 4 of us onboard.

The milestone gifts are embarrassing. Can't wait for my bowl when I achieve 700 points this month. Anything would be better. What's wrong with gift cards at a minimum. They get all the money back. $250, $500, $700, & $1000.

If we want change we can't just post on CC and hope. Hope is not a plan. If you are not satisfied with the current program and have better ideas share them directly with NCL.

Totally agree with you regarding communicating directly with NCL. However, I wonder if sending individual ideas is not getting us anywhere because there are two many of them. I wonder if I letter sent to NCL from many of us (will require e-signatures or latitude numbers) outlining possible changes to the program might be the way to go.

NCL closely monitors these forums and I’m sure this thread. These ideas will be taken note of. I also received an email, actually several, asking about promotions which would work and generate more bookings and also the one about re-do to the Latitudes program. Maybe it is too much of an effort for them to undertake while other pressing matters were coming to up to a close – such as the acquisition of Prestige. Once the dust settles from all the changes, let’s hope a change will occur with this program. I’m not expecting any changes in the next 6 months as NCLH just underwent huge changes. However, if they’re listening now they know what frequent cruisers find appealing for new rewards category. They have the end result of picking at what level those new benefits would kick in!

Clearly those of us that cruise a lot feel new levels are needed. This debate got very active shortly after the new plan rolled out. Many wrote to NCL and they did send out a survey with many of the suggested changes. Then nothing.

I was on the Gem last winter and there were 350+ platinum cruisers onboard. That is crazy. 2 10 day suite cruises booked right will make you platinum. I reached platinum the old fashion way with 14 cruises. First cruise at platinum there were 4 of us onboard.

The milestone gifts are embarrassing. Can't wait for my bowl when I achieve 700 points this month. Anything would be better. What's wrong with gift cards at a minimum. They get all the money back. $250, $500, $700, & $1000.

If we want change we can't just post on CC and hope. Hope is not a plan. If you are not satisfied with the current program and have better ideas share them directly with NCL.

I have to say for the life of me I do not understand why NCL gives you a gift for your milestone of 250, 500 and 700 points that do not necessitate an additional cruise. I am guessing most people would rather have a second complimentary meal in a specialty restaurant then a atlas, frame or bowl. I personally think when you reach 250 points you should be given a second free specialty meal in ANY specialty restaurant (not Le Bistro or equal or lesser value). They could add an additional free specialty meal at each milestone and at 1000 give you UDP status each cruise. If you had an inclusive UDP every cruise that would make it very tough to want to cruise with anyone else. With their current cheap milestone gifts NCL cannot generate revenue when they mail you something to your home. It would be a win win IMHO to give you a better thank you and require you cruise to be able to enjoy their thank you milestone gift.

I know there are lots of different things they could do but this is just a quick and I think relatively easy low cost to them upgrade over their current milestone gifts.

For tier awardment, rather than using number of days sailed or number of cruises sailed, they should consider a system that is based upon dollars spent (both on booking of the cruise as well as all the onboard spending). This way, it rewards even those on short cruises that may spend a lot on the ship itself. Now, unless you use the NCL credit card, you don't get rewarded for the onboard spending (and even then, the NCL credit card isn't that good of a reward). This also would help people that pay for ocean view and balconies versus inside cabins. Right now, you only get more points if you book an expensive suite, but you get the same credit for booking a cheaper inside versus a nice balcony. It would reward people that are taking more expensive cruises in South America, Europe, etc. versus the less expensive Caribbean cruises.

For tier awardment, rather than using number of days sailed or number of cruises sailed, they should consider a system that is based upon dollars spent (both on booking of the cruise as well as all the onboard spending). This way, it rewards even those on short cruises that may spend a lot on the ship itself. Now, unless you use the NCL credit card, you don't get rewarded for the onboard spending (and even then, the NCL credit card isn't that good of a reward). This also would help people that pay for ocean view and balconies versus inside cabins. Right now, you only get more points if you book an expensive suite, but you get the same credit for booking a cheaper inside versus a nice balcony. It would reward people that are taking more expensive cruises in South America, Europe, etc. versus the less expensive Caribbean cruises.

I just wanted to touch on your statement that the NCL credit card isn't that good of reward? Are you referring the perks you can get with the points from the credit card? If you like to cruise with NCL then this credit card is GREAT! Check out the Double Meta Cross (did I spell that right?) perk. It is a very good perk. I agree if you just cash in for OBC or cash it is just an ok card but if you can save up 60k points it gets really good.

I don't think that it is common for every cruise to have 350+ platinum members. If that was the case, I think that NCL would have already discontinued some of the benefits. When was the cruise?

I don't think that it is common for every cruise to have 350+ platinum members. If that was the case, I think that NCL would have already discontinued some of the benefits. When was the cruise?

I was on a Breakaway cruise in August that had over several hundred platinum members as well. The parties were packed and Concierge service was nonexistent unless you physically went to find help. They had to run a bunch of different groups on several days to provide everyone with the Behind the Scenes Tour perk. Not a lot of fun for the staff or passengers, but they did the best they could.

I just wanted to touch on your statement that the NCL credit card isn't that good of reward? Are you referring the perks you can get with the points from the credit card? If you like to cruise with NCL then this credit card is GREAT! Check out the Double Meta Cross (did I spell that right?) perk. It is a very good perk. I agree if you just cash in for OBC or cash it is just an ok card but if you can save up 60k points it gets really good.

What is a Double Meta Cross perk exactly?

What is a Double Meta Cross perk exactly?

The actual term is Double Cross Meta.

A "meta" is a group of cabin types (Inside, Oceanview, Balcony, etc). A Double Cross Meta upgrade allows you to upgrade across two metas. For example, book an Inside and Double Cross Meta to a Balcony.

A "meta" is a group of cabin types (Inside, Oceanview, Balcony, etc). A Double Cross Meta upgrade allows you to upgrade across two metas. For example, book an Inside and Double Cross Meta to a Balcony.

Oh I like that idea! Thanks for explaining that...does it work if you book a balcony or mini-suite to go to a suite?

lol...I was closer than I thought on the term. Thanks for the clarification. :)

We do enjoy cruising in suites but a balcony room suits us just fine too. We love doing the Alaska cruise and until this year we have done 7 days. We will be doing a 9 day and we are interested to see if that feels too long to us or if our brain adjusts to the longer time. We love cruising but so far have been ready to be home at the end of our 7 days. If we find we adjust and enjoy the 9 day just as much we may start looking into doing a Panama Canal Alaska cruise as it would get us back home to Seattle. I doubt we could afford to do a suite on that long of a cruise but if we do the Double Cross Meta I think we could swing paying for an inside and get a balcony. :D:D

As long as they don't diminish the current Platinum level benefits, I think that would be great. We will be Platinum after our next cruise this October, can't wait!

As far as tons of people at that level, we just came off Sky last month and attended the Captain's party. I don't think there were more than 50 people in attendance, and that is both Gold and Platinum. Suits me just fine..

Repeat pax are secondary to new pax.

Cruise lines are throwing $ at things that will suck in new pax, look at the Escape it all about tapping into the people that don't cruise.

Breakaway and Getaway were the same.

Same with the direction RCI are going.

RCI diamond discounts come with catches of ten meaning when there are other promotions the perk os worth a lot less. On a trip I am looking at the $300 discount loses $200OBC on the current promotion.