answer to ?? re suite vs cc class perks

barbon2

Thanx, Montgomery Family! That's a good idea, and we know the chief housekeeper on The Constellation, (assuming it's the same kind gentleman who helped us out so many times back in 2003), so I'm sure he'll be amenable to helping us!

:)

All the best,

Barb

• 2 weeks later...

My grandmother who is somewhere between the age of 90 & 95 :rolleyes: and likes things spelled out. Because the balcony is so much larger along with the cabin itself, she decided to upgrade to 2 sky suites from 2 CC cabins. Since she is the one spending BIG $$$ on this Christmas cruise for our family AND she is now confused in the change of amenities between the two categories...Can someone clarify, when staying in a SS, comparing the 2 lists below, what she will not receive? Also do suite passengers receive priority disembarking just at the end of the cruise OR for all ports of call?

will not receive:

Fresh-cut flowers

Menu of pillows - Conformance, Body, Goose, and Isotonic®

Duvets and pillow-top mattresses

Daily fruit selection (but can request?)

Leather key holder

umbrella

Double-thick Frette bathrobes

Hansgrohe® showerhead

VIP invitations to events

Preference on shore excursions

Sky Suite on Galaxy you will receive these added amenities:

• Welcome champagne
  • 24-hour European butler service
  • Priority check-in and departing
  • Priority luggage delivery at boarding
  • Dining room seating preference
  • Personalized stationery
  • Celebrity tote bag
  • 100% cotton oversized bath towels
  • Complimentary use of bathrobes
  • Private portrait sitting
  • Opportunity to book in-suite massage
  • Complimentary use of Thalassotherapy pool
  • Assistance with unpacking/packing (Butler Service)
  • Daily news delivery (Butler Service)
  • Full breakfast (Butler Service)
  • In-suite lunch & dinner service (Butler Service)
  • In-suite afternoon tea service (Butler Service)
  • Evening hors d'oeuvres daily (Butler Service)
  • Complimentary espresso & cappuccino (Butler Service)
  • Shoeshine service (Butler Service)

Celebrity ConciergeClass Stateroom on Galaxy, you will receive these added amenities and more:

• Welcome champagne
  • Dining and seating preference
  • Daily fruit selection
  • Fresh-cut flowers
  • Daily hors d'oeuvres
  • Menu of pillows - Conformance, Body, Goose, and Isotonic®
  • Duvets and pillow-top mattresses
  • Leather key holder, personalized stationery, a tote bag and umbrella
  • Double-thick Frette bathrobes
  • Hansgrohe® showerhead
  • VIP invitations to events
  • Early embarkation and debarkation
  • Preference on shore excursions
  • Express luggage delivery

I appreciate any help in these questions. If you have an elderly parent or grandparent you know exactly what I am talking about. Now if you could just help me explain to her that Celebrity does not provide free laundry service like she received on her TA Westerdam HAL, I might just be thankful enough to hide you in my suitcase so you could cruise along too! :D

Everyone! Notice how they say "Sky Suite On Galaxy - you will receive these added amenities." Very tricky language there, as it sounds like the Suite passengers will be receiving the listed amenities over and above the CC Class amenities. That's what threw me...Pretty slick...actually misleading in the extreme! Aarrrggghhh! :rolleyes:

My feeling is that every passenger should be made to feel special. I really do not appreciate being fussed over, so they can send the butler to the passenger with an inside cabin, for all I care. I do like having the extra space and a large balcony.

Carol

Kitycaty

I agree with you 100% about the confusion. When I first booked our sky suite for Mar 2007 I specifically asked about the amenities for ea and both myself and the TA went round and round with X reps getting different answers depending on who we spoke with.(I have a previous post on just this issue). Quite frankly it seems ludicrous to me that a lower category receives amenities that a higher category doesnt get, and Im sure that this is totally unique to X(I know it doesnt happen at any resort we've been to, and we have been to many 6* resorts world wide...perhaps it happens on other cruise lines but id be surprised.) We ended up booking a SS, but given the confusion we are now looking at alternatives and are anxiously awaiting the Silversea schedule. I fortunately am "high maintenance" and am picky about service....what Ive seen so far with the varying answers from X concerns me although I've been assured by others on this bd. that this lame customer service does not extend to the service onboard ship.

I guess there must be something wrong with me. Today is September 11, we just had the worst natural disaster any of us can remember in this country and we actually have posts about this. READ THE INFO ON THE WEBSITE...it's perfectly clear and doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

I guess there must be something wrong with me. Today is September 11, we just had the worst natural disaster any of us can remember in this country and we actually have posts about this. READ THE INFO ON THE WEBSITE...it's perfectly clear and doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

I agree with you Joan. I really can't see the big deal over the differences. They really aren't that significant and I don't understand the confustion either as the amenities are all as stated on the Celebrity site. Enjoy the butler service, make use of the extra space and have a great cruise:)

Phil

I totally agree. If there is so much concern about CC amenities book a CC cabin, very simple. We are safe, we have a great cruise booked ( Infinity, 10/9 ,Hawai, aft CC). and I am thankful. As has been repeated numerous times each set of amenities is clearly posted at the web site, read it and weep, or read it and be joyous, I prefer the latter.

Im sorry but i also find it amazing that whenever someone indicates dissatisfaction with something there are those who have to jump in and tell them they shouldnt be dissatisfied.....perhaps im missing something but if Kitycaty isnt happy with the runaround she's getting who are you to tell her she should be....geez!!!!!

And what part of "the reps from X are giving different info that that which is posted on the website" and contradicting ea other does anyone not understand.

Im sorry but i also find it amazing that whenever someone indicates dissatisfaction with something there are those who have to jump in and tell them they shouldnt be dissatisfied.....perhaps im missing something but if Kitycaty isnt happy with the runaround she's getting who are you to tell her she should be....geez!!!!!

And what part of "the reps from X are giving different info that that which is posted on the website" and contradicting ea other does anyone not understand.

It's one thing to indicate dissatisfaction and another completely to go on and on about the same thing and run it into the ground. After many kind suggestions about how to solve the problem, it's time to just refrain from further comment. If she doesn't understand what's included by now, she never will. I could understand your comment if all the other conversation had not preceeded this.

Everyone has tried to make her feel better about her choice and tried to assure her that most things can be obtained on board by request from the butler. The suites have more amenities than the CC cabins, they are just not exactly alike. There's really not much more that could be said. The website tells it like it is. Since the website is perfectly clear to most people, maybe you could explain all the calling of different representatives trying to get a different answer.:confused:

I'm going to have to agree with Joanie here, I have heard just about all I can bear about this subject. The questions have been asked and answered more than once in DETAIL! You definitely get more in a suite than CC, end of conversation, you also PAY more for these amenities, so enjoy them. If you don't have something you may want, by all means, ask the butler to get it, they WILL! CC does not have that luxury!!! You have the Celebrity Suite booked for 21 days, please enjoy this experience Kitty, it will most definitely be memorable!!! Celebrity will not let you down & have no fear, you will be receiving many more amenities than those in Concierge Class can dream of! Take a pill & enjoy your cruise, you are very fortunate! :D

Very well said MaBell and JNLROSE, this has been run into the ground. Be grateful you can afford the suite, I am envious, and let the CC class enjoy the amenities they get for a regular size cabin and a few dollars more.

Enough is enough already!!!

Thank you, Luckybee, for understanding.

You guys simply don't get it...it's not the fact that I may or may not get this or that amenity that matters to me. It's the fact that there is misrepresentation of the facts going on here, and I feel it should be rectified. Thank G-- it's still a free country, and one can air one's views, even on this board, freely.

I deliberately went and checked Celebrity's online descriptions of the CC Class stateroom, the SS and the CS and found the following descriptions on their own website, described AFTER the CC stateroom descriptions:

"Sky Suite Indulgences:

When you stay in a Sky Suite on Constellation, you will receive these added amenities:

24-hour European butler service

Priority check-in and departing

Priority luggage delivery at boarding

Welcome champagne

Dining room seating preference

Personalized stationery

Celebrity tote bag

100% cotton oversized bath towels

Complimentary use of bathrobes

Private portrait sitting

Opportunity to book in-suite massage

Celebrity's Butler Service on Constellation

Celebrity's suites include European butler service, a Celebrity exclusive.

This service includes:

Assistance with unpacking/packing

Daily news delivery

Full breakfast

In-suite lunch & dinner service

In-suite afternoon tea service

Evening hors d'oeuvres daily

Complimentary espresso & cappuccino

Shoeshine service

Delivery of requested board games

--------------------------------------------------------------------------Celebrity Suite Indulgences:

When you stay in a Celebrity Suite on Constellation, you will receive these added amenities:

24-hour European butler service

Priority check-in and departing

Priority luggage delivery at boarding

Welcome champagne

Dining room seating preference

PC, printer, and Internet access***

Personalized stationery

Celebrity tote bag

100% cotton oversized bath towels

Complimentary use of bathrobes

Private portrait sitting

Opportunity to book in-suite massage ***Printer is available upon request.

Celebrity's Butler Service on Constellation

Celebrity's suites include European butler service, a Celebrity exclusive.

This service includes:

Assistance with unpacking/packing

Daily news delivery

Full breakfast

In-suite lunch & dinner service

In-suite afternoon tea service

Evening hors d'oeuvres daily

Complimentary espresso & cappuccino

Shoeshine service

Delivery of requested board games

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's the principle of the thing and I'll stand by my principles.

I today sent an E-mail to the Celebrity Resolution Department, outlining my dissatisfaction with their advertising, and suggesting that the word added be removed from their advertising of the various accomodations, as I and others, have found it confusing. A prompt return E-mail told me my suggestions would be addressed. Now...let the chips fall where they may!

'nuf said.

Thanx again,

B.J. :)

I always understood "added" to mean added to the services that applied in the basic cabin. But that's me.

Just a few days after 9/11, when there are so many awful things around the world, I consider myself priviledged to be able to afford to cruise. I have made a resolution not to moan incessantly about things that are minor in the overall scheme of things. Lets move on!

Since the website is perfectly clear to most people, maybe you could explain all the calling of different representatives trying to get a different answer.:confused:

Well let me tell u how i got started with my run around. Prior to booking I called X to find out what type of mattresses and pillows were in the suites...since that isnt on the web site.....I was told that they were installing pillow top, and that one would get the same pillow menu as CC....perhaps that kind of misinfo doesnt bother you but it sure does me. If the answer would have been reg mattresses and only foam pillows for example, and that answer was correct, then we could make our comparison fairly. Really do you think its too much to ask that X's reps provide correct info ???

I called them too, Lucky, in order to find out what type of pillow and mattress we'd have in the CS, and after they E-mailed the Constellation, (the Resolution Department couldn't answer this question), a week later, they called me back and told me that we would have their basic mattress with foam rubber pillows in our bedroom, and a regular showerhead in the bathroom. I explained that I cannot sleep on foam rubber pillows due to my neuropathy, and was told that I could request feather pillows once onboard, which I will do.

I agree with you that it's pretty sad to have to go to all this trouble beforehand because of lack of information by myself, and their staff, and having to discern what amenities one will and won't have, so one can plan accordingly. I also have to have a special menu, and I'm still waiting to hear from their "Special Services" Department regarding the same. Unfortunately, alot goes into planning a cruise because of my special needs, so I felt I didn't need any more worries. When we cruised on the Connie to the Fjords in 2003, in a CC class stateroom, we didn't go through any of this, which has been quite a hassle, as has, frankly, the response on this board, and attempting to try and explain my feelings, without "raining on anyone's parade" as it seems I have, by the various responses.

Yes, I know people are suffering all over the world, and people are starving in India, and it's only one day after the anniversary of 9-11, but there's nothing I can do about that other than give to the charities for those unlucky folks in Mississippi, Alabama and Louisiana, which I have, and remember 9-11 for the horror that it was. Of course I'm grateful to be able to cruise, as so many on this board have so archly pointed out, but as I've stated in the past, I do expect something back from the cruiseline for the fare. I don't think that's disrespectful of anything or anybody, in any way, and I don't think I'm "moaning incessently" on the subject, as this is, after all, a discussion board!

Sincerely,

B.J.

It seems to me that you would be happier on another cruise line that doesn't have CC cabins. You would then not have to make a comparison, it would only be a choice between a balcony or a suite, and you wouldn't need to deal with what you consider an incompetant customer service department.No offense, just an observation.

We also love CC category, have always had fresh flowers changed daily when I use the flowers in my hair or give to a new friend to enjoy. A butler in a suite would make me nervous, maybe not. If the BIPPITY BOPITTY BO upgrade fairy wants to visit us I'll accept just so we still have 200 sq ft balcony included. But we are M CLass or better........

I noticed that "X" has shower curtains in CC & RCCL has glass shower doors even in an inside. Isn't it time for "X" to upgrade? I do hate the huggy curtain when I am soaping up. Even my DH isn't attached as much as it.

Haven't had a bad mattress on Connie or Infinity but now we have 2 cruises on Summit. So if we don't like it we should ask for a new one or an eggcrate pad, is that was it was called? Summit was rehabbed in drydock recently as they were working on her pods. Correct? Surely hate to have pods die again as we are stuck in the locks of the Canal...........paging CNN.

But with the new pricing, some totally over the top so we went with RCCL Voyager or better such as FOS in October 2006, if CC is over $500 a couple, then we are 2C 6016-6035 or we are on RCCL if we like it......

I totally agree with you Ma Bell. We have been in all of the above with the exception of the FV and we prefer the CC. Thats our choice. If you go into this with an attitude nothing will seem right. Relax and be happy, Celebrity is great. Teajak

Major money savings with great bedding & a pillow menu that includes body pillows, down pillows, iso*** pillows (I forget the entire name) but plenty to get 4 of all of them to really cushion you. The doorways are HUGE with a 200 sq ft balcony with table for 4, recliners that are padded & chairs padded also.

We have had handicapped neighbors & the one woman, every bone in her body broken when she was hit by a hit & run that wasn't caught. She stated to everyone how wonderful her stewart & his Housekeeping Manager were to her.

So something to check out. But in a suite, and the special people that are assigned to handle handicapped cruisers, should have th suite made up to meet everyhting you need. As stated on "X" web site:

To make arrangements, call 305-539-4492 (voice/TDD), send an e-mail to specialneeds@celebrity.com

Once and for all, here's why I'm upset about it, folks. I am partially disabled and need some of the CC amenities strictly as a "comfort issue", as I've said before, but I guess no one's bothering to read my previous posts.

Further, I've never said anything about the flowers one way or another, and don't care whether or not we have any in our suite. However, I do care about how comfortable my mattress and pillow are, it's important to me as I have a nervous system disorder that effects various muscles, and these things will make a big difference in my comfort level on a 3 week cruise. Is that clear enough for you all? Is that so hard to understand? Can you understand why a person might be upset having booked a suite, expecting certain comforts from previous experience, on the same cruise line, and finding out after the fact, that they won't be available? It has nothing to do with how much money we're paying for anything! The money involved is not a factor.

That's really all of the personal health information I care to disclose about myself on a public bulletin board. Do you get it now? Kapish? I hope this clears up the matter, permanently. Sorry if I sound short, but this constant back and forth when one thinks one's explained something succinctly, is exhasperating.

Sincerely,

Barb

It occurred to me, too, Teajak and if you'd read my earlier posts, you'd have recalled that I previously stated that we became locked into this cruise as we gave up a large number of Am Ex Rewards Points for the flight home. I repeat, they are non-refundable, meaning we'd suffer a large monetary loss if we cancel now, which I had seriously considered previously, before finding out about the non-refundable Am Ex points business.

Macop, same thing for you. In one of my previous posts, I explained that I'd inquired about reserving a handicapped stateroom and was told they were all booked. In any case, we felt they were too small for a 3 week trip, as the only ones we could locate were CC handicapped staterooms and that is why we booked a Sky Suite in the first place, and wound up with a CS, but that's another story. You can read about it in my previous posts, as it's too long to go into again here! In any case, again, - I appreciate the suggestion.

I can see where you'd prefer a glass shower door to a shower curtain, Macop, but don't you worry that "dmk" will think you're being petty, or am I the only one thought to be petty, posting here these days...(lol)! ;)

There is one thing I do agree with, posted by someone who I can't now recall...this thread is becoming overly repetitive, and I agree that it should give up the ghost...Why don't we can it?!

Sure hope I don't meet up with certain of you posters aboard ship. :eek: Guess we won't be signing up for this Cruise Critic party...

No thanks! :rolleyes:

Sincerely,

B.J.

Archived