answer to ?? re suite vs cc class perks

barbon2

medcoder,

You will love your sky suite, which one are you in? If you mentioned it in an earlier post I am sorry but I missed it.

You will truely be treated famously and will have a great cruise. Don't be afraid to ask your butler for whatever you might desire, they do try their best to take care of you, but if you don't ask, you don't get!

Have a great cruise and enjoy those suite amenities!!!!!

Thanks, we w/b in SS 6122 and have never cruised X before but have cruised on a number of other lines. so, look forward to seeing what this one is like. We had been big NCL fans but they have moved many of their ships from Miami. so, we are searching for a new cruiseline to love! Thanks for all your great posts they are always very informative!

I have been in a sky suite, an FV, and regualr balcony cabins, and now have my first cc cabin booked to Hawaii in Feb. The sky suite amenities were wonderful, everything is done first class, the slightly larger cabin and the tub and shower are to me worth the extra money, along with the cappacino's and nicely set up breakfasts and dinners. The cc class does not get that.

Why not let them give the cc class some special perks for paying a little more, the cabin is still smaller and the bathroom leaves a little to be desired after having a larger one. Just cruising is pleasure enough for me. I am not going to worry about what the people in the cabin next to me are getting.

I understand that you feel you are paying top dollar for a suite and should get ALL the perks, but you are getting a LARGER cabin a BUTLER, and a nice comfortable BATHROOM among all of the other perks. You will be treated special, probably MORE special then the rest of the passengers and yet you are unhappy about a pillow and a couple single stemmed fresh flowers, and a breakfast menu that may offer just a little more? I guess I just don't get it!

Once and for all, here's why I'm upset about it, folks. I am partially disabled and need some of the CC amenities strictly as a "comfort issue", as I've said before, but I guess no one's bothering to read my previous posts.

Further, I've never said anything about the flowers one way or another, and don't care whether or not we have any in our suite. However, I do care about how comfortable my mattress and pillow are, it's important to me as I have a nervous system disorder that effects various muscles, and these things will make a big difference in my comfort level on a 3 week cruise. Is that clear enough for you all? Is that so hard to understand? Can you understand why a person might be upset having booked a suite, expecting certain comforts from previous experience, on the same cruise line, and finding out after the fact, that they won't be available? It has nothing to do with how much money we're paying for anything! The money involved is not a factor.

That's really all of the personal health information I care to disclose about myself on a public bulletin board. Do you get it now? Kapish? I hope this clears up the matter, permanently. Sorry if I sound short, but this constant back and forth when one thinks one's explained something succinctly, is exhasperating.

Sincerely,

Barb

Kitycaty,

First of all I wasn't accusing you of being high maintenance. Sometimes things on the internet sound different when you can't hear the tone of one's voice. I never mention how many cruises we've been on, but I thought maybe you might feel reassured to know that we've had good experiences with Celebrity.You have three different threads going, with people trying to help you by giving you as much information as they can. That includes me. I believe I was the one who tried to help you find out what the website says among other things. You seem to be inconsolable though. I give up. No matter what anyone says you are angry and feel as if you have been fooled. You are the one making remarks and posting with angry faces.

Maybe you should reread my posts. I have done nothing but wish you the best and try to reassure that you will probably have a wonderful cruise and be able to have what you want. Perhaps you might look a little closer at yourself to see who is mean-spirited.

First of all Barb, I am sorry to hear of your comfort issues. With respect, if you had posted this explanation at the start then I think the advice would have been very different. You have been talking in general terms about CC benefits and not specifically relating it to the issue you have.

My advice, knowing the facts, would be to explain the situation to your butler when you board. He will do everything he can to assist you if you let him know and I'm sure you will get the pillow menu and matress top to make your sleep more comfortable.

Phil

I copied and pasted this below regarding our Century Suite, sounds very much like the CC perks, am I missing something here?

Stateroom: 244 sq. ft.

Veranda: 69 sq. ft.

Features a floor-to-ceiling glass-paneled door, private veranda, two lower beds convertible to queen-size, sofa bed with sitting area and VCR.

The Century Suites are not accurately described in Celebrity's brochures. It is actually closer to being a standard sized stateroom (175 sq ft) with a standard sized balcony (42 sq ft). Also the balcony door is a swinging door, not a slider. Here are some photos of Century Suite 1141 taken by a passenger:

Century Suite 1141

Kitycaty, when I spend the thousands of dollars for a Royal or Celebrity Suite, I certainly expect all of the amenities, not just the space. I am puzzled by all the people who say that they pay all of the additional money for a suite just for the space. It would make much more sense for those folks to get the FV cabin or even two adjoining cabins and open them up, which they could do for the money. Or book a suite on RCI, which are very large, but don't have the butler and most of the other amenities.

Anyway, as to your particular problem, I have found that Celebrity Special Services, which provides services to disabled, to be very helpful. Since you need these for a health/disability issue (and are in a suite anyway), I suggest calling them and talking with them to see if they can get the mattress and pillows in advance, which would avoid you having to request this from your butler and possibly Chief Housekeeper.

If you can't find the telephone number, email me at kacruiser@ev1.net.

I guess it must just be fun to complain. I've been on 22 Celebrity cruises in suites, CC cabins, FV cabins and just balcony cabins. The suite amenities are nicer than any of the other cabins by far. It was very easy for me to read the Celebrity website and see what amenities are included with each level of service. I don't understand this feeling that you have been fooled.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your suite and your cruise unless you are so high maintenance that nothing pleases you. If there's something you really want, ask nicely and you'll probably be able to get it.

My experiences with Celebrity have been consistently great regardless of the level of accommodations. I really hope you enjoy your cruise.:)

I totally agree with you Ma Bell. We have been in all of the above with the exception of the FV and we prefer the CC. Thats our choice. If you go into this with an attitude nothing will seem right. Relax and be happy, Celebrity is great. Teajak

Thanks, Montgomery Family - I spoke with Special Services who "to'd" me to

Celebrity's "Resolution Department", who were the ones that told me Celebrity's policy is no CC amenities to Suite passengers, so, as you can see, they've got me going 'roundy 'round. At this point, I've stopped calling them because it's no use.

Phil, on various of my posts, I have mentioned that I'm partially disabled, but I guess no one picked up on it. I didn't want to go into detail about it.

~ ~ ~

"No matter what anyone says you are angry and feel as if you have been fooled."

You are correct, Ma Bell. :(

Also, it's been mentioned in various threads that Suite passengers have asked their butlers to obtain various CC amenities, but the feeling I got from reading these threads, was that nothing materialized, and that their butlers declined.

I'll see what happens aboard, since I have no choice anyway at this point, as it's a done deal, and Celebrity's various departments are unwilling to cooperate.

Thanx to all. :)

I totally agree with you Ma Bell. We have been in all of the above with the exception of the FV and we prefer the CC. Thats our choice. If you go into this with an attitude nothing will seem right. Relax and be happy, Celebrity is great. Teajak

....and give me a break, Teajak, anyone would wind up with an attitude who was being jerked around the way Celebrity's jerking me around! :D

Why is it a done deal? I thought you weren't sailing til April of next year. If you are so unhappy and have been "jerked around", why not try another cruiseline where you would be happier? If I were as unhappy as you, I would definitely go elsewhere.

If you want the CC perks, book CC. If you want the suite perks, book suite.

jjbko - There's rather a long story going here...initially, we booked a Sky Suite which our travel agent then proceeded to tell us we couldn't have because an error had been made and someone else (actually someone on this board), had booked it before us), so we lost that...

Then, because all of the CC Aft staterooms were booked, we opted for a CS in the mistaken belief that we'd receive the CC perks. Now, all the spacious aft CC staterooms are sold out, so we cannot re-book one, and the regular sized CC staterooms are not large enough for us for this 3 week cruise. That's our story and we're stuck with it (lol)!

Barb :D

KityCat, There are I think cabins that are both CC and for disabled persons. Perhaps one of those is available for your cruise. I think your TA is lacking somewhat in this whole thing. I know that my TA takes care of a lot of the stressful moments that you are unfortunately experiencing. But, again, try to see if there is a possible booking avail for one of the CC disabled cabins. It's worth a try. That way you would have both the extra amenities and the space. I can't believe that you w/not be allowed to have a pillow choice or the mattress pad if it is asked for now. By explaining you have physical needs I would hope they would try to accomodate you.

Ma Bell, I have found your posts to be very helpful throughout the different threads here. I thank you for them.

Kitycaty

Cool Cruiser Join Date: Jun 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't even know what's on the "regular breakfast menu" to know if we'd like it or not (lol)! I do know that on our British Isles/Fjords cruise in 2003, in our CC Stateroom, we enjoyed breakfast on our terrace almost every morning, and there was quite a choice on the menu. We were looking forward to breakfasting by those gorgeous floor to ceiling windows in the mornings on this cruise, and we generally go to the restaurant for dinner, so butler service for dinner would not be needed by us.

Actually, we found that the butlers on these ships really don't do anything more than the room stewards, and are nothing more than glorified room stewards, i.e., we just returned from a month-long Mediterranean Cruise on the QM2 in a Q5 suite and in our opinion, the butlers did no more than the room stewards on any other ship on which we've traveled.

Our booking this suite was strictly a matter of the extra space and the anticipated CC amenities that we thought we were going to receive (lol)!

Surprise, surprise!

B.J.

I was so surprised when I was at another thread and read that you booked your suite "Our booking this suite was strictly a matter of the extra space and the anticipated CC amenties that we thought we wer going to receive (lol)." I thought you were more concerned about the pillows and the mattress pads.

Why is it a done deal? I thought you weren't sailing til April of next year. If you are so unhappy and have been "jerked around", why not try another cruiseline where you would be happier? If I were as unhappy as you, I would definitely go elsewhere.

So would I, except that:

(a) It is my husband's 75th birthday and he wanted to cruise again on The

Constellation.

(b) We have already arranged for our airfare home, and have transferred

points from our Am Ex account, which are not transferrable back, so

we're now committed to the flight back from Gatwick to PHL and stand to

lose $1500. worth of points if we cancel or change our flight back.

© This trip was the only one leaving from a port close enough to us

transatlantic, so that we wouldn't have to fly. I was willing to chance

the flight back (I have an ongoing ear problem, from the flight on our last

Celebrity cruise on British Air, where I burst an eardrum and a blood

vessel upon landing at Heathrow Airport, which hasn't resolved well).

you asked...

Melcoder, thank you for your post. However, all the CC aft wheel-chair accessible staterooms that would be large enough are booked.

Sincerely,

Barb

you will receive what you need to make you comfortable on this cruise, I know this cruiseline does what it can for guest comfort. Please relax, you are making yourself so upset over some very minor things. Your suite will be spacious and if your bedding is like mine was in the sky suite it is very comfortable, I slept great unlike my experience with the hard princess cruise beds. Once you are on board you will be taken care of.

In my experience there is no cruiseline whose customer service has it down to an exact science, very rarely do you get the same answer twice.

If your only concern in a comfortable nights sleep with a pillow menu and a pillow top mattress that is not much to ask. Don't they have egg crates available also for the mattress top? I am sure they do as on our last transatlantic our friends requested one and got it put on their bed almost immediately. You will have a great cruise just relax and trust in the fact that you are in a suite and they will take care of your medical needs.

I am sorry that they are all booked, Barb, it was just a thought. I sure do hope you are able to resolve your issues and get to enjoy what should be a lovely cruise. I can only imagine looking at the photos of your CS cabin that it will be wonderful and spacious. I can also believe that if you get your TA into the action here they can make the arrangements for you to have all the little extras that will make your trip more enjoyable (the pillows and the mattress tops etc).

KityCat, that's the spirit we want to see, I know you will have a wonderful cruise and expect to hear all aobut it here on these boards. I am sure we would all love to hear about how things were even better than you could have imagined and all your concerns prior to departure were for naught. That's my greatest hope for you and your husband. My husband has a couple physical problems that make travel a challenge but we keep on keeping on and enjoy ourselves in spite of them. We always have to be cautious to plan to do excursions that will not cause him problems with his legs. He wears a brace and if we walk too far, well we have to consider he might not be able to make it back to where we need to be as in the ship. It has almost happened in the past so we too have problems but know that we will have a wonderful time! Hope you do too!

I echo what Medcoder and the others have said. I'm sure that you will be well taken care of once on board, especially when you explain that you have some physical problems. I sincerely hope you and your husband enjoy his birthday celebration.:)

Kitycaty, I'm surprised that Special Services transferred you to Resolutions, but it may be that they thought you were just asking/wanting the CC amenities. I suggest contacting them with specific requests--the specific bedding concern or even a mattress topper and also the specific type of pillows you want.

You can always try to get this from your butler, and maybe you'll have better results than we did. However, one of the things I learned is if the butler doesn't come through immediately--starts telling you that he has to get approval, yada, yada, then just go directly to the Chief of Housekeeping and I'm sure you'll be accommodated with at least the pillows and mattress topper, and maybe even the mattress you want. We would have saved some time and aggravation had we done this, but I didn't know. I found the Chief of Housekeeping to be very nice.

Archived