Sail along with us - Indy 8-day Caribbean Report (Picture heavy)

Did you happen to notice how much a bag of laundry was onboard and if they offered a special at any point during the cruise? We are sailing on her in a few weeks and are considering a B2B.

Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I did not do laundry on the ship. I did use the dry cleaning service though. The prices were kind of high. If I remember it was something like $3.50 a shirt to press. I washed the dress shirts I planned to wear at home, then had them pressed on the ship. I had them dry clean my tuxedo as well.

Loving your review, I thought the over the water cabanas are over the water? Yours looks like it is up on the beach. I am curious as we have over the water one booked in March and

it looks different. Can you tell me what your cabana number was. Thanks again for such a great review so far.

Dawn

We had an "accessible" over-the-water bungalow (notice the ramp). I believe it was cabana #10. You're correct...it was not "over-the-water" but I actually preferred how it entered into the water as compared to cabanas that were actually "over-the-water."

Love the review so far! And your pictures are great! Thanks so much for taking the time to do it.

We'll be on the Indy in March for the same 8-day itinerary so it's all very helpful. We're in a GS (with kids in a connecting balcony) and are hoping to reserve one of the Barefoot Beach cabanas on Labadee. I didn't even think about our chances being less with another ship in port! We've only been to Labadee once - on Allure for spring break last year - and were the only ship that day so it just never crossed my mind. I just decided to check and it looks like, this time, we'll be there with Grandeur as well. Bummer - cuts my chances in half!

Love the review so far! And your pictures are great! Thanks so much for taking the time to do it.

We'll be on the Indy in March for the same 8-day itinerary so it's all very helpful. We're in a GS (with kids in a connecting balcony) and are hoping to reserve one of the Barefoot Beach cabanas on Labadee. I didn't even think about our chances being less with another ship in port! We've only been to Labadee once - on Allure for spring break last year - and were the only ship that day so it just never crossed my mind. I just decided to check and it looks like, this time, we'll be there with Grandeur as well. Bummer - cuts my chances in half!

Hi. How can you tell there will be a ship with you at Labadee? Ill be on the Indy end of December for NYE and would like to know if we share Labadee.

js

I sent an email to the concierge to reserve one for us for our April cruise. He said he would. Email address is ID_Concierge@rccl.com. Raj is the concierge now and at least through our cruise. I emailed the concierge on Freedom when we were going to Nassau Bay and he also reserved one for us. With 2 ships in port, I would do it as soon as possible.

Your pics of Labadee are really beautiful! I can't wait to get there!

I loved the pic of the two of you on the ramp leading to your cabana. There was a woman in the water behind you with her camera, taking a picture, probably of her own family in the water behind you, but it looks like she was taking a picture of you. I'd love to see how that one came out! I am also glad that Stuffed Porter got to enjoy the cabana! :D

Love the review. Good to get another couple's perspective around my age. (No offense to the older generations heh) Did this cruise last March and had a blast. If you go back to St Maaretn, look into Capt Bob's Boat Tour. The boat goes so fast your wiffe's heat issues will go bye bye :)

I sent an email to the concierge to reserve one for us for our April cruise. He said he would. Email address is ID_Concierge@rccl.com. Raj is the concierge now and at least through our cruise. I emailed the concierge on Freedom when we were going to Nassau Bay and he also reserved one for us. With 2 ships in port, I would do it as soon as possible.

I e-mailed Raj earlier this month. He told me it was too early to confirm a cabana but that he'd note my interest and be in touch a week or so before our sail date. :)

Can you tell me if you were in a suite to request this? Thanks

The email that you used (ID_Concierge@rccl.com) is that a specific email for the CL concierge on Indy? Can I reach out to the DL concierge on Indy using the same email address?

Yay. Thank you thank you.!! [emoji9][emoji1][emoji1][emoji9]I thought we were automatically out because we are not in a suite, but Raj emailed back and said he would reserve one in my favor with more details soon. Without you all I would have never even tried!

Jess

Yay. Thank you thank you.!! [emoji9][emoji1][emoji1][emoji9]I thought we were automatically out because we are not in a suite, but Raj emailed back and said he would reserve one in my favor with more details soon. Without you all I would have never even tried!

Are there cabanas on Labadee other than the ones on Barefoot Beach (reserved for suite guests)?

Edited - as I think I answered my own question! I see now that there are Nellie's Beach cabanas that can be reserved by non-suite guests. Raj handles requests for those too?

Edited by OnlineMom

Thank you for the great review! We will be on this cruise leaving March 28 :) I have health issues with heat also so I can feel for your wife. I will be trying for a cabana on Labadee too. I can't do all day in the sun.

There is shade to be found on Labadee! My family was there for spring break last year not in a suite so we couldn't reserve a cabana. We were off of the ship early and found 4 chairs in a great spot on the beach with fantastic trees nearby that provided plenty of shade on and off throughout the day.

Are there cabanas on Labadee other than the ones on Barefoot Beach (reserved for suite guests)?

Edited - as I think I answered my own question! I see now that there are Nellie's Beach cabanas that can be reserved by non-suite guests. Raj handles requests for those too?

Since he responded to my email, I would say so [emoji1] I gave my date, reservation number and room number. I would assume if I needed to email someone else he would have let me know.

Jess

Does Indy carry Starbucks products in the Cafe Promenade? On the Freedom, it wasn't an actual Starbucks store, so you could use your Royal Replenishment package to get any of the beverages, so I was wondering if it is the same on Indy. Thanks!