just off splendor

realtrip

Is that right? The last sea day would be the last day of the cruise, ie: last nite of the cruise. That doesn't sound right.

Yea, That's why I wasn't sure. I remember Roatan day being the past guest party ( looooved the free fake champagne , a lot, lol). I don't particularly remember getting extra dressed up that night. So maybe it was Saturday. Wish I had kept the fun times, oh well.

Last 4 cruises, formal nights were the first and last sea days.

Have an awesome trip:)

NEVER will any cruiselines have the formal night on the last sea day. PEople are packing up and putting their luggage in the hall.

Splendors formal nights are Monday and Friday

It's that second one I'm trying to verify. Confident it's not Saturday. However, Friday in port (Grand Cayman) till 6pm, verses Thursday only in port (Roatan) till 3pm is the question.

Anyone have copies of the Western Splendor Funtimes for verification?

Thanks

I just did my single digit dance. I wil be on Splendor next week doing the Western Caribbean itinerary. I plan on going to the steakhouse the first night. I look forward to the ports, especially Cozumel. I was on Splendor twice last year. It is a great ship

Anyone esle doing the single digit dance for Splendor?:cool:

It's that second one I'm trying to verify. Confident it's not Saturday. However, Friday in port (Grand Cayman) till 6pm, verses Thursday only in port (Roatan) till 3pm is the question.

Anyone have copies of the Western Splendor Funtimes for verification?

Thanks

Interesting thought.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

Just got off the Splendor.

Left freezing cold in Montreal on December 29th. Stayed in Miami and boarded the ship on January 4.

We are husband and wife mid 40's. Mom in her 60's, sister and her hubby mid forty's and 6 y.o. son. I'm platinum, Mom, sister and my hubby are gold. Sister's husband and son are red.

Embarkation: wow. so fast!!! We got to the port at around 10:30, breezed through every line and we all got to wait together in the Platinum lounge. We boarded at around 11:15. Insane. I've never been on so early. Very happy. We dropped carry-on in my cabin and headed for lunch. The girls got the Mongolian wok, the guys got burgers.

Touring the ship:

The Splendor is made differently from the previous ships I have traveled on, so off we went to explore. The main pool is the one that gets covered in case of bad weather, this was great later in the week when we watched late evening movies. It rained a bit during the week but it wasn't too bad. The last day was sucky though weather wise so that covered pool was awesome.

The adult only pool was aft, it was great and the seating area was all outdoors so that I got a great view of the ocean when I peaked up from a book.

There was also a smaller pool by the water slide. Another novelty was a splash play area mid ship off to the side (not in the lido area). It was great for kids and the adults who joined them.

Cabin:

we had three cabins on deck 7 aft, all insides. very quiet. Great steward. Got ice every day and the usual cute towel animals. This time I did not eat a single pillow chocolate. So proud, lol. They are awful, yet I still managed to eat them every night in the past. Still have not ordered room service, just not enough hungry left, lol! Got laundry done twice, it was very efficient, same day service. There were some water problems in our area. The cold water would run out, weird. we had to brush are teeth with very hot water. The shower was perfect for hubby but too hot for me ( still managed, though). On the debark day, they turned the water off to do repairs, I bet that was it.

Food:

we ate in the dining room every night. The food and wait staff were great. Service was super quick. We had the traditional menus.

Buffet was so-so, salad bar section was good, the rest was good just nothing much to tempt us. We had the deli, wok, burrito bar and rotisserie for lunch. We really like the omelette station for breakfast. Short lines everywhere.

Ports:

Cozumel: paradise Beach

Costa Maya: the tropicante, fabulous massage

Roatan: beach

Cayman: Royal Palm beach

Disembark took forever for Canadians. We got off the ship after 10! They had a problem with the lines for non-US travellers at customs. No big deal for us as we stayed in Miami until Monday. Others may have been freaking out.

The shows:

piano bar was hosted by Russell, he was Ok. Comedy was hit and miss.

first show was Latin type. It was OK. The second was a female singer. (Lovena?). She sang a variety of songs. My favourite show was ''Vroom'' it was rock music through the ages.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks so much for taking time to right your review. Glad you enjoyed the Splendor. DD and I will be on her for our Spring Break Cruise. Will definitely check out your suggestions!

What would you say the weather was like at the ports traveling next Jan and just want to know what to expect (:

It was warm. Around 27 C every day according to the ship map on deck 5( I think that's in the 80's F? I can never remember how the conversion goes). Nice to lay by the people on deck and great for the beach.

Thanks so much for taking time to right your review. Glad you enjoyed the Splendor. DD and I will be on her for our Spring Break Cruise. Will definitely check out your suggestions!

That's super! Have a great time.

NEVER will any cruiselines have the formal night on the last sea day. PEople are packing up and putting their luggage in the hall.

Splendors formal nights are Monday and Friday

You are SO right - sorry :o It's been the second to last. GUess I should be paying 100% attention to CC and stop trying to work at the same time:eek:

I just did my single digit dance. I wil be on Splendor next week doing the Western Caribbean itinerary. I plan on going to the steakhouse the first night. I look forward to the ports, especially Cozumel. I was on Splendor twice last year. It is a great ship

Anyone esle doing the single digit dance for Splendor?:cool:

no - but jealous ;) we just broke into double digits :cool:

[quote name='JohnSpo']I just did my single digit dance. I wil be on Splendor next week doing the Western Caribbean itinerary. I plan on going to the steakhouse the first night. I look forward to the ports, especially Cozumel. I was on Splendor twice last year. It is a great ship

Anyone esle doing the single digit dance for Splendor?:cool:[/quote]

12 days-- almost there

[quote name='1959kar']I'll bring them tomorrow and see if I can get the hubby to scan them[/QUOTE]

Oh boy! I bet the weather for you today doesn't look at all like your picture.
Are you missing the heat as much as we are?

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='danech']Any luck with those Funtimes scans?[/quote]

[URL]http://http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=44972717&highlight=fun+times#post44972717[/URL]
Try this Danech, these were posted a weeks ago! Hope it helps:D

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name='realtrip']Hi
Just got off the Splendor.
Left freezing cold in Montreal on December 29th. Stayed in Miami and boarded the ship on January 4.
We are husband and wife mid 40's. Mom in her 60's, sister and her hubby mid forty's and 6 y.o. son. I'm platinum, Mom, sister and my hubby are gold. Sister's husband and son are red.
Embarkation: wow. so fast!!! We got to the port at around 10:30, breezed through every line and we all got to wait together in the Platinum lounge. We boarded at around 11:15. Insane. I've never been on so early. Very happy. We dropped carry-on in my cabin and headed for lunch. The girls got the Mongolian wok, the guys got burgers.
Touring the ship:
The Splendor is made differently from the previous ships I have traveled on, so off we went to explore. The main pool is the one that gets covered in case of bad weather, this was great later in the week when we watched late evening movies. It rained a bit during the week but it wasn't too bad. The last day was sucky though weather wise so that covered pool was awesome.
The adult only pool was aft, it was great and the seating area was all outdoors so that I got a great view of the ocean when I peaked up from a book.
There was also a smaller pool by the water slide. Another novelty was a splash play area mid ship off to the side (not in the lido area). It was great for kids and the adults who joined them.
Cabin:
we had three cabins on deck 7 aft, all insides. very quiet. Great steward. Got ice every day and the usual cute towel animals. This time I did not eat a single pillow chocolate. So proud, lol. They are awful, yet I still managed to eat them every night in the past. Still have not ordered room service, just not enough hungry left, lol! Got laundry done twice, it was very efficient, same day service. There were some water problems in our area. The cold water would run out, weird. we had to brush are teeth with very hot water. The shower was perfect for hubby but too hot for me ( still managed, though). On the debark day, they turned the water off to do repairs, I bet that was it.
Food:
we ate in the dining room every night. The food and wait staff were great. Service was super quick. We had the traditional menus.
Buffet was so-so, salad bar section was good, the rest was good just nothing much to tempt us. We had the deli, wok, burrito bar and rotisserie for lunch. We really like the omelette station for breakfast. Short lines everywhere.
Ports:
Cozumel: paradise Beach
Costa Maya: the tropicante, fabulous massage
Roatan: beach
Cayman: Royal Palm beach

Disembark took forever for Canadians. We got off the ship after 10! They had a problem with the lines for non-US travellers at customs. No big deal for us as we stayed in Miami until Monday. Others may have been freaking out.

The shows:
piano bar was hosted by Russell, he was Ok. Comedy was hit and miss.
first show was Latin type. It was OK. The second was a female singer. (Lovena?). She sang a variety of songs. My favourite show was ''Vroom'' it was rock music through the ages.
Let me know if you have any questions![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the information! Sounds like you had a good time. I was on The Splendor a couple of years ago, but I couldn't remember if they had the Mongolian Wok. You answered that. For burgers, was it Guy's Burgers? My husband is hoping for Guy's. I am looking forward to next year because we are doing six straight weeks on her. It is a good winter getaway.

[quote name='ja_martin']Thanks for the information! Sounds like you had a good time. I was on The Splendor a couple of years ago, but I couldn't remember if they had the Mongolian Wok. You answered that. For burgers, was it Guy's Burgers? My husband is hoping for Guy's. I am looking forward to next year because we are doing six straight weeks on her. It is a good winter getaway.[/quote]

Nope- burgers ae cooked on the grill. No guys burgers yet

[quote name='ja_martin']Thanks for the information! Sounds like you had a good time. I was on The Splendor a couple of years ago, but I couldn't remember if they had the Mongolian Wok. You answered that. For burgers, was it Guy's Burgers? My husband is hoping for Guy's. I am looking forward to next year because we are doing six straight weeks on her. It is a good winter getaway.[/quote]

WOW - sounds like an awesome plan!