Nostalgia Cruise Suggestions?

DeafOnBoard

Hello,

I am an avid ocean liner aficionado, despite my nontraditional background. (Most of those ocean liner gurus seem to be older men, while I am a young 20 something woman who is Deaf).

My question to fellow cruisers, which ships would you suggest that I sail on - they must meet the following criteria:

Wraparound promenade deck with a view of the sea

High tea

Traditional dining room with the same tablemates each night

Shuffleboard

Rooms without a balcony but a window instead

Classic ship look (ie a dark hull, light superstructure)

Less "foo-foo" stuff (Not interested in "Most Hairy Chest" contests or endless games and mingling)

Wooden deck chairs

At this time I am thinking of a ship from each of the following: Cunard, Holland-America and Disney as well as the Carnival Paradise (which has a throwback nostalgia theme on board).

Are there specific ships I should keep in mind when making my choices?

Thanks!

Hello,

I am an avid ocean liner aficionado, despite my nontraditional background. (Most of those ocean liner gurus seem to be older men, while I am a young 20 something woman who is Deaf).

My question to fellow cruisers, which ships would you suggest that I sail on - they must meet the following criteria:

Wraparound promenade deck with a view of the sea

High tea

Traditional dining room with the same tablemates each night

Shuffleboard

Rooms without a balcony but a window instead

Classic ship look (ie a dark hull, light superstructure)

Less "foo-foo" stuff (Not interested in "Most Hairy Chest" contests or endless games and mingling)

Wooden deck chairs

At this time I am thinking of a ship from each of the following: Cunard, Holland-America and Disney as well as the Carnival Paradise (which has a throwback nostalgia theme on board).

Are there specific ships I should keep in mind when making my choices?

Thanks!

Any Cunard ship will be a perfect fit, being totally unpretentious. For a true nostalgia trip suggest a transatlantic UK/New York or otherway round, as this is old school cruising, as it used to be. Plus you will meet many lovely people, who may end up being lifelong friends.

Have no doubt other members of the "we are Cunard" family will assist you in selecting cruises and ships. Welcome to your new family.:)

If you are an ocean liner aficionado, as I am, there is only ONE ocean liner to go on; QM2.

By the way, I started cruising when I was 27, and first went on QE2 when I was 35, and truly fell in love.

QE and QV are pseudo "ocean liners", QM2 is the real deal, and the first since QE2.

If you want to do a UK / USA crossing, QM2 is the ONLY way to go.

P&O's Aurora, whilst not a liner, was built for world cruises....she doesn't have a dark hull, and I'm not sure about wooden sun loungers, but I think everything else is there on your list.

There's a number of small ships which sail from the UK with many of the features mentioned- old, but well-loved.