Balconies on Britannia

Alybaly

There is a thread elsewhere on this topic - but from what I can gather the balconies on Brittania are tiny. Especially in comparison to C deck on Azura which are probably the largest balconies on standard balcony cabins at sea. ( apart from the aft ones)

Can't help with "restricted " balconies. Are they by any chance metal fronted?

I cannot help with the first question.

I have been on Royal Princess which is basically the same model of ship. The majority of the balconies were tiny compared to the grand class ships, Ventura, Azura and the Princess ships, Crown, Emerald and Ruby. The balconies were small compared to the normal balconies on these ships and much smaller that C deck balconies.

The Brittania does have small balconies and it's one of the reasons I didn't book her.

They are nothing like the C balconies on Ventura & Azura which are huge.

Each to their own though. I will try Brittania one day but maybe not pay the prices for a balcony as not sure if they are worth the money...

Most balconies on Britannia are about 70% of the depth of those on Azura/Ventura, other than C deck, chairs need to be sideways if you want to put your feet out. The aft ones are bigger but I have seen no dimensions, and they are also part covered and part open, similar to C deck on Grand Class.

The main obstructed balconies, on E deck I believe, have some of the lifeboat showing above balcony level, it varies dependant on which lifeboat.

Not sure if any have steel balcony fronts, but I imagine some very forward ones probably do.