Two Balls QM2

2TasDevils

Hello lovely cruising people, I'm hoping for a little guidance. We are looking forward to our first cruise on QM2 in a few short weeks. I've read plenty on here regarding dress code, and it all seems fairly clear. However, I would like a little clarity regarding the two balls aboard our trip to New Zealand in March - specifically the 175 Ball, and the South Pacific Ball. DH pointed out that 1,7 & 5 add up to 13, and this will indeed take place on Friday 13th, but I was wondering if there is a difference in what is expected regarding each of the balls? Looking forward to hearing from those more experienced than myself.

If these are formal nights and you dress formally, you are fine. You may fine some people in grass skirts or muu-muus for the South Pacific Ball but they will be a small minority. Most passengers do not dress for the theme but follow the dress code.

Example - We had the "London Ball" tonght. I saw a handful of people with clothing, shoes, or evening bags with a Union Jack or something similar on it. Not very many when you consider there are 1900+ people on QE.

Don't worry about the balls, just follow the dress code.

I'm thinking of a black evening dress with red and gold scarves in keeping with Cunard colors. Or is that a red evening dress and a gold tiara with onyx crystals? Such decisions.

Both would do nicely. I could wear a Tuxedo white shirt red Bow tie. Diamond cufflinks and shirt studs. Apart from the cufflinks and the shirt studs I have the rest.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

LOl.:D

Are you allowed to even bring Jeans on board?:p

Yes. In fact I've met Jeans on board. Last cruise, for example, a lovely couple introduced me to their daughter whose name was Jean. :D

Edited by Salacia