Embarkation day lunch options on Dawn

toyotaford

Boarding the Dawn this Sunday and have some suite guest and some not. I am assuming one of the main dining rooms will be open for lunch on embarkation day. Anyone know for sure and if so which one it is?

See this post, applies to all NCL ships:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=45256042&postcount=2

See this post, applies to all NCL ships:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=45256042&postcount=2

Thanks for the info. We have some first time cruisers with us and wanted to give them as much information as possible and the buffet on embarkation day is not the best way to get introduced to cruising.

Thanks for the info. We have some first time cruisers with us and wanted to give them as much information as possible and the buffet on embarkation day is not the best way to get introduced to cruising.

We sailed on the Dawn but it was quite a few years ago. I do remember though that I had to be quite assertive with two different crew members while we were heading to the MDR for lunch. They both (separate incidents) blocked our way and said that we MUST go to the buffet as the MDR was closed. I had read numerous posts here on Cruise Critic saying it was open (but that everyone will deny it for mysterious reasons) so I pressed on (politely!) saying we just wanted to have a look at the room itself. (How can a reasonable person say no to that?) Of course it was open and our large extended family group (who never would have found seats together at the buffet) had a glorious and memorable lunch in a lovely relaxing setting that was half empty. I think by the time we made it to the MDR everyone was doubting my information (and sanity???) so I was happy and relieved to be vindicated, lol!

I guess we won't see you in Cagney's then?

I know that on the Epic, lunch was served in Taste, but someone should be able to give you the options as you board. Don't try asking whomever checks you in as they will have no idea.

I guess we won't see you in Cagney's then?

I know that on the Epic, lunch was served in Taste, but someone should be able to give you the options as you board. Don't try asking whomever checks you in as they will have no idea.

The ones of us in suites will probably eat in Cagney's. We don't plan on all having lunch together but will get together in our room for sail away. So we may run into you at lunch.

Boarding the Dawn this Sunday and have some suite guest and some not. I am assuming one of the main dining rooms will be open for lunch on embarkation day. Anyone know for sure and if so which one it is?

Last October on the Dawn it was the Venetian that was open for lunch - I think only till 2:00 or 2:30 pm. Excellent lunch - perfect start to the cruise:)

Last October on the Dawn it was the Venetian that was open for lunch - I think only till 2:00 or 2:30 pm. Excellent lunch - perfect start to the cruise:)

The Dawn Daily for January 5 (Embarkation Day) that is posted on another thread shows the Venetian open from Noon-02:00PM.

Hope that helps.

A few weeks ago it was the Venetian. No one will divert you or refuse you directions. It is clearly posted in the dailies and any of the staff will direct you there.

I have personal experience of this happening and have read others here experiencing the same (as seen couple of posts above too).

We have personal experienced staff attempting to divert us to the buffet for embarkation lunch. We have a routine; at least all of the ships we have sailed on have a drop off location to check carry on bags until the cabins are ready so we go and drop them off, keeping on backpack containing swim ware. We then head to the MDR for lunch. Multiple times we have been politely stopped and directed to the buffet. After insisting that we wanted to eat at the MDR the staff person waved us on. It seems that even though a MDR is open, they prefer guest to eat at the buffet during that first lunch. After lunch we head up top and since we packed swim ware separate we often get to enjoy the hot tubs by our selves.