When to ask for Captain's Club to be matched to RCCL C&A?

Kreative03

Hi all -

I'm currently Celebrity Select and will be Elite after completing my next two cruises. There will be about 7 days between getting off of my last Celebrit cruise/gaining elite status and my first ever RCCL cruise.

So...should I apply for equivalent C&A status now so it is tied to the reservation? Or wait until the switch flips to elite so I can get Diamond without any issues? What's been everyone's experience? (and will I hate RCCL as I am cruising on the much-hyped Quantum? :) )

I too have just planned my 1st RCL sailing having only done X, and also on Quantum, for the inaugural crossing.

I set up my C&A account last year, before I was Elite with X (just select), but I had a few cruises done.

I'm now Elite plus, and noticed my C&A account when booking quantum knew I was Diamond equivalent - I hadn't called or anything to have them update that, it seems to do it automatically.

Hi all -

I'm currently Celebrity Select and will be Elite after completing my next two cruises. There will be about 7 days between getting off of my last Celebrit cruise/gaining elite status and my first ever RCCL cruise.

So...should I apply for equivalent C&A status now so it is tied to the reservation? Or wait until the switch flips to elite so I can get Diamond without any issues? What's been everyone's experience? (and will I hate RCCL as I am cruising on the much-hyped Quantum? :) )

Hi Kreative03,

I'd definitely do it now. You have absolutely nothing to lose, so it's best to have both your Captains Club & Crown and Anchor account numbers in the system. After registersing, you will also be added to Royal's email list, and may receive email offers.

Hope this helps, and enjoy your cruises !

Hi all -

Short answer - now!

It took ages when I achieved Elite status on Celebrity for my Crown & Anchor status to upgrade to Diamond, in the end I had to ring the helpdesk to get the adjustment done manually.

You should note that any RCL bookings made before you get Diamond status may well not be automatically upgraded, even if you try to ensure that is done via the helpdesk.

You only find that out when you get your seapass card, and have to spend holiday time on boarding queuing up to get the matter upgraded. I speak from experience!!