123 Promo added to March 2015 sailings

bajathree

Arubalisa - You were very lucky! :)

I saw today on the celebrity website that rates had gone down. We booked ONE year ago - concierge extended balcony when we were on the Connie. Soooo I called hoping we could get that AquaSpa room with the extended balcony - since IMO the rates were the same that we paid for the concierge 1 yr ago. Oh but alas the rep at celebrity said we got a "special" rate and that it was compared to the regular room rate.

no budging on moving us to aqua spa. Lucky for the people now booking. They get aqua spa and 1-2-3 go for the same price we paid for concierge with 2 of the 1-2-3 go. IF we cancelled our cruise now and re-booked aqua spa i was told we would have a 50% penalty.

What I learned is that we will NEVER book a year out. we will wait for the deals less than 2 months before the cruise is set to sail.

all they had to do is move us from the prime concierge extended balcony to a ok aqua spa room. but they wont. sorry for the long post but very frustrated in this whole situation

I feel your pain. :mad:

My parents are booked in a Concierge cabin next door to ours, but based on the time they booked they were cut out of the 123 Go deal. Is it possible to change this now?

Apparently not. :( However, it's always worth a try. Call them and have reservation numbers and booking dates handy.

Apparently not. :( However, it's always worth a try. Call them and have reservation numbers and booking dates handy.

We called the Concierge Class customer experience number, and for the $200 fare difference they let them have it. My mom is as happy as I've heard her in so long! :D

Glad it all worked out. Could you explain a little better? :confused:

When did your parents originally book? After the call, did they have to pay an additional $200 to get the 123?

And I have learned something new! I didn't know there was a Concierge Class customer experience number. :cool: Where did you find that? I always call the Captains Club. Perhaps I should try the number you called.

We called the Concierge Class customer experience number, and for the $200 fare difference they let them have it. My mom is as happy as I've heard her in so long! :D

Just wondering what the fare difference was....did they have to pay more and then got the 123 go?

We are booked in Concierge Class thru a TA and made final payment a few weeks ago for our March cruise and am confused about this. Some say no you can't get it and some say you can.

Just wondering what the fare difference was....did they have to pay more and then got the 123 go?

We are booked in Concierge Class thru a TA and made final payment a few weeks ago for our March cruise and am confused about this. Some say no you can't get it and some say you can.

When did your parents originally book? After the call, did they have to pay an additional $200 to get the 123?

And I have learned something new! I didn't know there was a Concierge Class customer experience number. :cool: Where did you find that? I always call the Captains Club. Perhaps I should try the number you called.

I can only describe our experience here:

In my parents' case, they were already in concierge class. They paid an extra $200 (fare difference) to get all three of the 123 Go perks. I don't know if this will actually help anyone and I have no guarantees that Celebrity will honor their deal for you as they did for our parents, but it made a big difference for my mom and dad.

We called the Celebrity Experience Desk at 1-800-590-6221 for Concierge Class and higher. I did get transferred once, but when I specifically said the words "Concierge Class experience desk" the lady confirmed I was still going in the right place but to a different experience.

While we were on the phone, the rep was amazing. He was able to give my mom and dad the 123 Go promotion despite their final payment being done. He linked our dinner reservations and put us at a four-person table. He upgraded three of our four classic drink packages to premium (but was able to leave the other, which I had heard conflicting reports about). He was also able to give me $100 onboard credit in addition to 123 Go because we had used an open passages to book the trip.

The rep's name was Carlos and I cannot say enough positive things about speaking to him. :)

Sorry, I didn't see the first part of this question. They originally booked for a March sailing two days after the 123 Go promotion was renewed but only through April sailings.

I think what ailetoile is referring to is, for the extra $200 fare, her parents got the 123Go AI promo versus the current regular, low discounted fare. Using pricing for our 3/28 Reflection sailing (as just an example), we currently have a choice of:

1. C2 for $1299 pp with 123Go AI (i.e. all three perks), OR

2. C2 for $1099 pp with no promo

And Aqua-class is only $50 pp more for each.

So while I don't have their specific booking info, my guess is that they booked the regular low fare for their concierge-class stateroom and X allowed them to pay the additional $200 pp for the 123Go AI as per my example above. Hope this sounds right and helps. :)

Edited by Terpnut

I think what ailetoile is referring to is, for the extra $200 fare, her parents got the 123Go AI promo versus the current regular, low discounted fare. Using pricing for our 3/28 Reflection sailing (as just an example), we currently have a choice of:

1. C2 for $1299 pp with 123Go AI (i.e. all three perks), OR

2. C2 for $1099 pp with no promo

And Aqua-class is only $50 pp more for each.

So while I don't have their specific booking info, my guess is that they booked the regular low fare for their concierge-class stateroom and X allowed them to pay the additional $200 pp for the 123Go AI as per my example above. Hope this sounds right and helps. :)

Yes, that's exactly what happened. Thanks, sometimes having it worded a different way makes all the difference :)

I saw today on the celebrity website that rates had gone down. We booked ONE year ago - concierge extended balcony when we were on the Connie. Soooo I called hoping we could get that AquaSpa room with the extended balcony - since IMO the rates were the same that we paid for the concierge 1 yr ago. Oh but alas the rep at celebrity said we got a "special" rate and that it was compared to the regular room rate.

no budging on moving us to aqua spa. Lucky for the people now booking. They get aqua spa and 1-2-3 go for the same price we paid for concierge with 2 of the 1-2-3 go. IF we cancelled our cruise now and re-booked aqua spa i was told we would have a 50% penalty.

What I learned is that we will NEVER book a year out. we will wait for the deals less than 2 months before the cruise is set to sail.

all they had to do is move us from the prime concierge extended balcony to a ok aqua spa room. but they wont. sorry for the long post but very frustrated in this whole situation

Call back & ask someone else

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, that's exactly what happened. Thanks, sometimes having it worded a different way makes all the difference :)

:D I actually understood what you were saying. ;)

Terpnut - The current price of C2 (with 123 AI) is nearly what we paid (using the CC C3 rates.) We have 3 persons, so the rate is typical a little higher.

Terpnut - The current price of C2 (with 123 AI) is nearly what we paid (using the CC C3 rates.) We have 3 persons, so the rate is typical a little higher.

I'm glad to hear that you got a decent deal up front! I certainly hope you do not feel that I am posting any of this to make you feel bad because that was certainly not my goal! When I advised you to let your booking lapse, I did so because I genuinely feel you would have been better off doing so.

There are still probably a few hundred unsold staterooms on our 3/28 sailing so if I am right, stateroom fares will only go much lower from here. From my experience, X's pricing doesn't really hit rock bottom until 2-6 weeks out so I have a little more waiting to do before the REAL sale begins! :p

Edited by Terpnut

We're booked in March on the Reflection. We booked a group rate, so no 1-2-3 perks at all, but at $1700 less than the full fare, it was a better deal. Prices have gone down, so I'm going to call tomorrow and see if X will let us pay the difference and get 1-2-3 in Aqua. If they do, great, but if not, we'll be happy with what we have. You always have to be happy with what you booked at and if anything better comes along, it's a bonus--not something to be upset about if you can't get. I'll report back on our success or lack thereof, but they've let us do it before so I'm fairly optimistic.

We're cruising next month, will the 1,2,3 offer be available for on board booking should we choose?

I am wondering the same thing. I was looking for expiration of the promotion and I'm not see that information. Maybe it's right in front of me and I just missing it.

I am wondering the same thing. I was looking for expiration of the promotion and I'm not see that information. Maybe it's right in front of me and I just missing it.
The current 123Go promo is for bookings made between 1/14/15-2/28/15, and applies to 3-night and longer cruises departing March 2015-April 2017 booked at the non-discounted standard rate. So no, it does not apply to anyone sailing in February 2015. Edited by Terpnut

[quote name='awhfy']Call back & ask someone else

Sent from my iPad using Forums[/quote]
I did call back and got a young lady that was awesome! We are now upgraded to Aqua class and got the 1-2-3 go. I still can't figure out how she did it. The upgrade was $400 for hubby and self but she then took off $175 that she said we had as a credit for gratuities. Just thrilled I did call back.

[quote name='Terpnut']I'm glad to hear that you got a decent deal up front! I certainly hope you do not feel that I am posting any of this to make you feel bad because that was certainly not my goal! When I advised you to let your booking lapse, I did so because I genuinely feel you would have been better off doing so.

[COLOR="Red"]There are still probably a [I][B]few hundred unsold staterooms[/B][/I] on our 3/28 sailing so if I am right, stateroom fares will only go much lower from here. [SIZE="4"]From my experience, X's pricing doesn't really hit rock bottom until 2-6 weeks out so I have a little more waiting to do before the REAL sale begins![/SIZE] [/COLOR]:p[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what the cruise line is pushing/training people towards.....they seem to be the only ones not realizing that :rolleyes:

[quote name='wallysdtr']I did call back and got a young lady that was awesome! We are now upgraded to Aqua class and got the 1-2-3 go. I still can't figure out how she did it. The upgrade was $400 for hubby and self but she then took off $175 that she said we had as a credit for gratuities. Just thrilled I did call back.[/QUOTE]

Big smile, congrats. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Good for you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[quote name='huskerc']We're booked in March on the Reflection. We booked a group rate, so no 1-2-3 perks at all, but at $1700 less than the full fare, it was a better deal. Prices have gone down, so I'm going to call tomorrow and see if X will let us pay the difference and get 1-2-3 in Aqua. If they do, great, but if not, we'll be happy with what we have. You always have to be happy with what you booked at and if anything better comes along, it's a bonus--not something to be upset about if you can't get. I'll report back on our success or lack thereof, but they've let us do it before so I'm fairly optimistic.[/quote]
We also booked in March onboard. I just made a change yesterday and it worked out great. I did have to call back because the first rep I talked to was not so helpful. We changed from Concierge to Aqua Spa guaranteed cabin and also got the 1-2-3 Go. We did pay the difference and actually financially came out ahead by paying the difference because of the additional onboard credit. The young lady I worked with yesterday was awesome. I wish you luck and remember to call back if the first rep doesn't want to help. they might be able to do something today! give it a try.

[quote name='Celebrity Cruises']Hi all,

We listened to customer feedback, and have added March sailings to our 123go offer.[/QUOTE]

While this may be nice for some, it is unfair to those of us who booked when we thought the perks would be going away and paid more in the process. Today, my 3/29 cruise includes the same 1,2,3,go perks as I'm booked and the cabin is $300 less. Nothing can be done for me and I'm really disappointed that Celebrity continues to change the rules of the game.

I agree! Although, when the first promo ended, the price of my C2 did fall a bit. I was not able to get a reduction even though it was before final because the promo had ended and the new price was a different rate code. :rolleyes: Since Celebrity has added the promo back in, the C2 has gone up in price.

We had booked an April b2b on Summit with the 123go. Cancelled it this past Friday and booked a 14 night Eclipse in March. In order to get the 123go, =x= wanted an extra $1700 pp over quoted rate! Said to heck with it, since we are elite anyway, and our ta gave us a nice obc.

Has anyone else encountered this?

[quote name='vplsh']While this may be nice for some, it is unfair to those of us who booked when we thought the perks would be going away and paid more in the process. Today, my 3/29 cruise includes the same 1,2,3,go perks as I'm booked and the cabin is $300 less. Nothing can be done for me and I'm really disappointed that Celebrity continues to change the rules of the game.[/QUOTE]

This has been the case for years and is precisely why I advise friends and family to never book early and to always book 14 to 60 days to sailing. The savvy cruise customer has maximum leverage AFTER final payment.

[QUOTE=George'sGal;45308959]We had booked an April b2b on Summit with the 123go. Cancelled it this past Friday and booked a 14 night Eclipse in March. In order to get the 123go, =x= wanted an extra $1700 pp over quoted rate! Said to heck with it, since we are elite anyway, and our ta gave us a nice obc.

Has anyone else encountered this?[/QUOTE]

When 123Go is available, X offers you either the promo with a regular or standard fare, or a lower, discounted fare without any promo. You never get something for nothing so customers must choose whether the promo is worth the higher fare. Edited by Terpnut