Ryndam Information Plz

FlaPapa

Hi Folks,

Been a while since we have cruised. Try 2004? We have booked a 7 day cruise on the Ryndam and are wondering if anyone has been on her recently that can give me an idea of what to expect.

Just looking for condition of the ship and quality of service.

Also, on what deck do you board the ship?

Thanks in advance

FlaPapa:)

Welcome to Cruise Critic. In case you don't know, Ryndam and Statendam will be transferred to P&O Australia late this year. My only Ryndam cruise was over New Years and I very much enjoyed it. There were some rough edges but overall I found it in very good condition.

I think it can vary by port but normally embarkation is on the Main Deck. At least it is in Tampa.

Roy

Roy,

Thank you so much for the quick reply. I was aware that they are moving. We are on going to be in F809. A Deck. This is our second cruise. Fiftieth Anniversary for some friends. Looking forward to it but feeling like a first timers seeing as it's been so long.

One again, thanks for the information.

:)

We have many actual cruise days on the Ryndam. She is one of our favorite ships.

She is a lovely ship.

We were scheduled to sail on her in Feb 2104 -- but because of a massive snow storm many of our airports were closed for the better part of 4 days, we missed our last chance to do a 21 day sailing on her.

I see you are sailing on her March -- she will not be transferred over to P&O until the fall of 2015 so you should not have any problems.

Was on Ryndam over New Years with Roy (rafinmd) and I can confirm that she is still quite well run and in fine appearance. Service everywhere was top notch; in particular we truly enjoyed our PG dinner which was much improved compared to 2 years earlier. We found nothing that would suggest that HAL is letting things slip on this ship (more than on any other ship). There was 1 incidence of flooded cabins requiring relocations that I was aware of and for a short period 1 day my SIL and BIL, among others, reported a strong smell of diesel on the port side, mid-ship hallway and cabins of deck 6 (Lower Promenade) that had deck hands and officers scrambling around trying to find the source of. I assume they did and fixed it as the odor was gone by the evening.

We did embark and disembark on deck 5 (Main) in Tampa. All of the other ports used deck 3.

Sure hope you enjoy your 2nd cruise and your friends have a very happy anniversary! :)

Edited by 0bnxshs