Left Luggage in FL

Ericco

Hello cruisers,

Is they anywhere I can leave a baby seat in the port of Fort Lauderdale?

I don't really need it onboard, so I may as well leav it there for the time of the cruise.

Thanks for your responses

Eric

Edited by Ericco

If you are wanting to use it AFTER the cruise, ya might want to bring it with you. If you leave it at the cruise terminal, my guess is it would be tossed in the dumpster while you are gone, or taken by another passenger if the cruise terminal is used by other ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

In the garbage. You can't just leave luggage at a port and expect soneone to babysit it for you....

I think you misunderstood the OP. In Europe, the OP appears to be from Brussels, Left Luggage means luggage storage.

To OP, there is no storage at the seaport.

Edited by Trekker954

Eric, are you staying at a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale prior to your cruise? If so they would probably let you keep it there and pick it up when you return.

I don't have any knowledge about storing something like that at the port.

Hope you enjoy your cruise and find a solution!

Edited by Rick-n-Lisa

I think you misunderstood the OP. In Europe, the OP appears to be from Brussels, Left Luggage means luggage storage.

To OP, there is no storage at the seaport.

My bad on my post. I'm on my phone and can't see their location or profile.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hello cruisers,

Is they anywhere I can leave a baby seat in the port of Fort Lauderdale?

I don't really need it onboard, so I may as well leav it there for the time of the cruise.

Thanks for your responses

Eric

Eric - I don't know if you are willing to pay $7/day for storage but if so, check out Bags to Go located in each terminal of the airport (not the seaport) (http://www.bagstogo.net). According to their website:

The cost is $7.00 per bag (includes storage on the same calendar day as the disembarkation date). $7.00 per bag per day for additional days. Maximum of 30 days storage. Must pick up bag prior to flight check in and no later than 5:30 p.m. Must allow at least one hour prior for domestic flight check-in and two hours prior for international flight check-in. Bags are subject to inspection.

Totally unrelated to your question, we lived in Waterloo for 3 1/2 years 20 years ago!

Edited by capriccio

Thanks for your reponses, I'm just struggling with the transfers from aitport to hotel and hotel to port with an 8 months baby and a 4 years old toddler.

We already have 4 suitcases, a pram and rucksacks.

I read that shuttles from the airport don't have baby seat, so just wondered how we ould bring a baby seat without having to keep it in the stateroom.

Trekker954, thanks for the translation

The ft Lauderdale airport is not far from the port and hotels close to the port. Take a taxi and save yourself the hassle of dealing with luggage. You can get a porter in baggage claim to assist you with your bags to the cab. At the port, the taxi can leave your bags with the porter. Put a tag on your car seat and it will be delivered to your cabin.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

The room steward might be able to store the baby seat someplace for you until the last day saving the space in your cabin

Some hotels provide a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel

Than just get a taxi to the port

I agree with asking either the hotel or the room steward to hold it for you. The hotel sure has places to store luggage for people, it's just a matter if they will want to hold it that long while you are away.

If you choose to take it to the cruise with you it's possible they may have a place it can be stored below decks but it can't be guaranteed so you are taking a risk that you will get on board with it and there will be no where to put it other than in your room.