Quantum of the Seas Show Reservations

Bowser704

We're going on the Feb 20th cruise on Quantum but all shows are showing as being booked online. Are you still able to book shows once you board the ship, for example the Starwater show? Thanks.

Yes, you can book your shows online, I did so for Starwater and Momma Mia. BTW, StarWater is an incredible show and should not be missed. They do put on all the shows on multiple days, so there shouldn't be a problem to get reservations. Strongly recommended to get reservations, I see very long line ups for those that try to get into the show with reservations and trying their luck with limited seating. Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk 2

We're going on the Feb 20th cruise on Quantum but all shows are showing you need to book online. Are you still able to book shows once you board the ship, for example the Starwater show? Thanks.

Have been trying to make show reservations for the 3/13 sailing of the Quantum. No can do as I am being told the system is not up yet. After being assured that reservations can be made when 60 days out it still can't be done. All I hear is IT is working on it. Well, they have been working on it for over 30 days and they still can't get the system to work. Talk about a bunch of incompetents. Maybe they need a 10 year old to solve their problem.

Frustrated cruiser

I'm not sure if the problem is IT or if they are re-evaluating show times due to the complaints that dinners were running so long. I'm on the 3/13 sailing also and had heard the rumor that it would be available on 1/15. Obviously that didn't pan out. I'm not overly concerned however, since we're all in the same boat... ;).

I'm not sure if the problem is IT or if they are re-evaluating show times due to the complaints that dinners were running so long. I'm on the 3/13 sailing also and had heard the rumor that it would be available on 1/15. Obviously that didn't pan out. I'm not overly concerned however, since we're all in the same boat... ;).

I heard the same thing, and called them. They are now saying 60 days out. But that isn't the case for the 3/13 sailing. They are re-working the show times, so people will eat quickly and leave the restaurants and go to the shows, as opposed to hanging out until it gets closer to the show time and then leave. They are doing this from what I understand to alleviate wait times and delayed seating for those with reservations.

It is a work in progress, so keep checking I was told. Hope this helps!

I heard the same thing, and called them. They are now saying 60 days out. But that isn't the case for the 3/13 sailing. They are re-working the show times, so people will eat quickly and leave the restaurants and go to the shows, as opposed to hanging out until it gets closer to the show time and then leave. They are doing this from what I understand to alleviate wait times and delayed seating for those with reservations.

It is a work in progress, so keep checking I was told. Hope this helps!

Every time you speak to a RCL rep you get a different answer. Never heard the one about revamping show times. That would be a good answer as to why I can't make show reservations for 3/13 sailing but was never told that by a rep...all I am told is IT is "working on it" and it should be up 60 days out. Oops its 57 days out now and still not up. How can you believe anything they say. Really doesn't make a lot of sense since dining reservations range from 5:30 to 9:00 PM.

Have been trying to make show reservations for the 3/13 sailing of the Quantum. No can do as I am being told the system is not up yet. After being assured that reservations can be made when 60 days out it still can't be done. All I hear is IT is working on it. Well, they have been working on it for over 30 days and they still can't get the system to work. Talk about a bunch of incompetents. Maybe they need a 10 year old to solve their problem.

Frustrated cruiser

It's unclear whether a 10-YO was enlisted or not, but IT has launched a VERY SMOOTH and functional reservation system for the shows, and all March cruises can now be booked. I just booked entertainment for our March 21 cruise and easily included our kids, who are traveling on a separate reservation. There were two conflicts with previously booked dinner reservations and I was given a choice - change the show reservations or book them as is, and change the dinner times separately - a nicer touch than the typical computer inflexibility.

Last October I booked dinner and entertainment for our Feb 2 Quantum sailing, and there is simply no comparison - RCL has delivered a far smoother, simpler, reservation process.

In late December RCL said the March reservations were being held until new dinner/schedules could be coordinated - shows were running longer, dinners moving faster, so times were changing - delaying reservation availability.

It's not just the times that have changed. RCL has a well earned reputation for balky IT systems - the result of hacked system integrations following M&A activity. The tech edge of Quantum does provide a justification for creating a completely new IT backbone. No idea if they've embarked on that path or not - but this new system is light years ahead of what I used in October - very slick!

I am not loving that I am going to have to book all my shows and make restaurant reservations before I even board the ship.

When the system opens for your cruise, it will be quite easy. You can print your calendar and then just show up. In the long run on it will pay off for a smooth cruise, and less waiting in stand by lines. If you don't like planning ahead, then may I suggest a ship that still has traditional dining, and first come first seated entertainment.

That's one amazing 10 YO I think it might be a 13YO because if defiantly worked better than it has before. Yeah

Quantum/Anthem is a new animal and if booking dinners and shows is not something you want to do and you want to eat a specific time and see the shows...I know not everyone cares. The reviews have shown its not the ship for you.

Some People who don't like reservations on vacation are not going to Quantum. I find that if someone gets irritated about reservations they are not sailing happy and will look for and find issues in other areas.That has been my experience from sailing NCL.

Its like a land restaurant. If my family walks in with out a reservation we will get seated but we might have to wait. While we are waiting a family that had a reservation will get seated before us.

That's one amazing 10 YO I think it might be a 13YO because if defiantly worked better than it has before. Yeah

Quantum/Anthem is a new animal and if booking dinners and shows is not something you want to do and you want to eat a specific time and see the shows...I know not everyone cares. The reviews have shown its not the ship for you.

Some People who don't like reservations on vacation are not going to Quantum. I find that if someone gets irritated about reservations they are not sailing happy and will look for and find issues in other areas.That has been my experience from sailing NCL.

Its like a land restaurant. If my family walks in with out a reservation we will get seated but we might have to wait. While we are waiting a family that had a reservation will get seated before us.

Well said. If you don't like the sounds of it, don't go. I had no issues whatsoever. In fact, when a conflict came up, guest services fixed it quickly and easily. Even the restaurants are very accommodating.

Thank you for saying what I was thinking

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk 2

I am not loving that I am going to have to book all my shows and make restaurant reservations before I even board the ship.

Simple advice that I'm repeating from a couple of threads:

• If you don't like having control, or having choices, or having to prebook, then do not book Quantum
  • If you like the same table at MDR every night, the same chair, the same waiter, the same show times, the same meal times, zero choices to make and thus easier, zero control... then book on any other ship in the fleet but stay away from Quantum.

That way you can have a stress-free cruise, and you can be enjoyable and happy with those around you.

Whichever you choose have a great cruise! :D