Sandals Day Pas?

Brandywine_101

This will be my husband's and my first cruise, and had I read up on Nassau before booking, I would have chosen another port/cruise. So, after reading not great things about Nassau beaches, I was looking at a day pass at Sandals. It seems to be more expensive than the others @ 110/pp, but getting the all-inclusive resort amenities (unlimited alcoholic drinks) seem worth it. Please let me know your experience with Sandals, as well as any recommendations for alternatives. Thanks!

This will be my husband's and my first cruise, and had I read up on Nassau before booking, I would have chosen another port/cruise. So, after reading not great things about Nassau beaches, I was looking at a day pass at Sandals. It seems to be more expensive than the others @ 110/pp, but getting the all-inclusive resort amenities (unlimited alcoholic drinks) seem worth it. Please let me know your experience with Sandals, as well as any recommendations for alternatives. Thanks!

i have never done sandals but honestly, for my money i loved the British Colonial Hilton Day Pass. It is $60 and includes use of beach chairs, floating mats at both the beach and beach chairs cabanas at their lovely pool, and $40 food/drink vouchers each, use of kayaks and non-motorized water toys. It was not crowded but very, very nice and the food and alcoholic beverages were great! It is $30 for children 6-12 years with a $15 food voucher for them and free for under 6. Google Nassau Hilton Resort Pass.

o.k. So.... Let me tell you Sandals was awesome! The only issue we had was trying to find a cab driver amongst the million you see to take you there. All of them just want to make multiple runs quickly to Atlantis which is right there. We are going back to Nassau in March and want to go back to Sandals, but we wanted to try Atlantis once. Have fun!

• 3 weeks later...
o.k. So.... Let me tell you Sandals was awesome! The only issue we had was trying to find a cab driver amongst the million you see to take you there. All of them just want to make multiple runs quickly to Atlantis which is right there. We are going back to Nassau in March and want to go back to Sandals, but we wanted to try Atlantis once. Have fun!

Thanks! My husband really just wants to lay back, eat and drink whatever he wants, and not worry about the hussle and bussle. He works two jobs and this will truly be a vacation for him where he's off from BOTH jobs. So I want to make it so much about "him" even though it's "our" anniversary. Thank you for the tip about the taxis, I understand there is a bus/shuttle that goes there which is only like $1.25 US. If we have a hard time with the taxis we'll bus it. Thank you again.

Thanks! My husband really just wants to lay back, eat and drink whatever he wants, and not worry about the hussle and bussle. He works two jobs and this will truly be a vacation for him where he's off from BOTH jobs. So I want to make it so much about "him" even though it's "our" anniversary. Thank you for the tip about the taxis, I understand there is a bus/shuttle that goes there which is only like $1.25 US. If we have a hard time with the taxis we'll bus it. Thank you again.

We had the same issue with the taxi drivers wanting to fill up their cab. The bus is much cheaper and pretty easy. Have a great anniversary at Sandals!

We stayed at the Sandals for several days a few years ago. It's a nice resort but I'm not sure it's worth $110 pp for the day. The food is so-so and all drinks are served in 8oz clear plastic cups. While there we took the bus to the port area to shop. It was cheap but crowded and we had to wait until it was full to leave. Keep in mind that you are basically riding a city bus with the locals.

You should evaluate how long you will be in port, consider travel time and see how much time you are really going to have at the resort. I'm not sure how often the bus runs but you will want to leave plenty of time to return to the port. You may also want to check what time they allow you to arrive at Sandals. I recall it being 9 or 10 a.m. for the day pass.

Personally, I'd avoid the hassle and enjoy the mostly deserted ship (you can drink a lot onboard for $110) and save your money to do something great at another port.

We stayed at the Sandals for several days a few years ago. It's a nice resort but I'm not sure it's worth $110 pp for the day. The food is so-so and all drinks are served in 8oz clear plastic cups. While there we took the bus to the port area to shop. It was cheap but crowded and we had to wait until it was full to leave. Keep in mind that you are basically riding a city bus with the locals.

You should evaluate how long you will be in port, consider travel time and see how much time you are really going to have at the resort. I'm not sure how often the bus runs but you will want to leave plenty of time to return to the port. You may also want to check what time they allow you to arrive at Sandals. I recall it being 9 or 10 a.m. for the day pass.

Personally, I'd avoid the hassle and enjoy the mostly deserted ship (you can drink a lot onboard for $110) and save your money to do something great at another port.

Thanks for the tips. But this is truly the only part of the cruise my husband is looking forward to. He's always on youtube looking at videos of Sandals and "imagining himself on the beach"... lol. I don't think that portion is optional. Money isn't the issue, he can refill his 8oz cup as many times as he wants!

I highly recommend Sandles! They have a private island that is cool. Drinks are good. It's clean and you have ability to do what ever you want! Bus ride was easy. They drop/ pick you up right in front. Going down in April on Breakaway but I will have my daughter so my wife and I won't be able to go.

• 5 months later...

Go to Sandals we stayed there for a week in 2003 and its my dream to return one day, we are back in Nassau in November with kids so we are going to the Hilton so they can enjoyed but my heart always lies with Sandals! Counting down till the kids are 18!