Sea Lion Swim at Coral World - Just kids?

Badger-Badger

I did a search and didn't see an answer (sorry if I missed it!)

We will be in St Thomas at the end of March and my daughters really want to do the Sea Lion Swim at Coral World. I am not interested in doing this, but wanted to find a way for them to still get the chance.

My girls are 13 & 14 and, according to the website, therefore do not require an adult participate with them. Has anyone had their teens do this without them? Is there a waiting area for us? How does it work?

Just looking for some options .... worse case my husband may do it with them(but he doesn't really want to) and I'll just hang around and when they are done we'll head over to Coki Beach.

Thanks for any input.

I'm an adult and did it solo a few years ago, and at that time observers weren't allowed (because Coral World would sell fewer photos, I'm sure!)

You could have snacks or beverage at the snack bar while you wait, or if the timing is right, you could go to one of the nature talks.

But, IMO, it would be a nice family activity that all could share. How else will you be able to experience their excitement? Families are all about creating happy memories.

We did the swim through a princess excursion about 5 years ago. Since coral world is a little "sea world" kind of place you can look around as some of their other exhibits and wait at the snack bar like someone else said while they do their swim. I think it's a few hours long though and coral world is very small, you'd be bored fast. I'd say do the swim with them ( it's a lot of fun, you do tricks with the animals) or maybe walk over to coki and get a lounger there and just meet up after. Coki is literally right next door.

I have to take exception to the "you'd get bored fast" at Coral World remark. I can spend hours between the underwater observatory and the Reef Encounter exhibit. I also love the seahorses and the Reef at Night section. Then I like watching the small ones feed the sting rays and pet the sharks. If you walk in the forest area behind the water exhibits, you can learn about local trees, see the tortoises and the ducks. If you take your time, there is plenty to see.:)

I have to take exception to the "you'd get bored fast" at Coral World remark. I can spend hours between the underwater observatory and the Reef Encounter exhibit. I also love the seahorses and the Reef at Night section. Then I like watching the small ones feed the sting rays and pet the sharks. If you walk in the forest area behind the water exhibits, you can learn about local trees, see the tortoises and the ducks. If you take your time, there is plenty to see.:)

Forgive me, it's been a few years since we were there, perhaps things have changed? I just remember it being very small....Maybe I missed out on part of it because I definitely would have loved to see/feed sting rays and I didn't see them, nor do I remember sea horses. [emoji17] sorry