Miami cruise port to airport question ...

sjlogghe

Taking a cruise out of Miami next month. Looking at flights - right now it would be cheaper for us to fly in/out of Ft. Lauderdale. Getting to the ship won't be a problem, as we're flying in the day before the cruise leaves. My question is on return, what is a safe time to book a flight to be able to make it off the boat and to the Ft. Lauderdale airport on time?? I'm looking at a 2:30 pm flight time, will that be ok? (We do have FTTF, so I believe that lets us pick early or late debarkation times - so we could pick the early.)

Also, is a cab the best option to get us there? And does anyone know about how much that would cost??

Thanks!

I agree with the last poster. You should be fine. That being said, I would recommend getting off the ship early rather than late. You have plenty of buffer built in as long as you don't hang around the ship till 9:30 or 10:00. As long as you're off by 8:30 - 9:00 you'll be to FLL with time to spare.

Taking a cruise out of Miami next month. Looking at flights - right now it would be cheaper for us to fly in/out of Ft. Lauderdale. Getting to the ship won't be a problem, as we're flying in the day before the cruise leaves. My question is on return, what is a safe time to book a flight to be able to make it off the boat and to the Ft. Lauderdale airport on time?? I'm looking at a 2:30 pm flight time, will that be ok? (We do have FTTF, so I believe that lets us pick early or late debarkation times - so we could pick the early.)

Also, is a cab the best option to get us there? And does anyone know about how much that would cost??

Thanks!

you could use ridesas.com for shuttle service. Depending on how many in your group it is considerably cheaper than a taxi. $15pp up to 4 pax.

Bill

Thanks!

you could use ridesas.com for shuttle service. Depending on how many in your group it is considerably cheaper than a taxi. $15pp up to 4 pax.

Bill

We have flown into and out of FLL for Miami cruises many times. We always made shuttle reservations with SAS (ridesas dot com) and have had excellent service.

That said, all of our return flights were before noon, some as early as 11:15. Some of the cruises we used self assist to disembark, others we went to Guest Services for low numbered luggage tags. We always made it to the airport with plenty of time to be bored before we had to board the plane.

2:30 flight time will give you more than enough time to get to the airport before your flight.

We were off the ship by 8 via self disembark in Miami and made a flight out of FLL at 11:50 with PLENTY of time to spare. But again, things can go wrong etc...

But also keep in mind that FLL airport does not allow you to check your luggage until exactly 2 hours before your flight. So maybe look into luggage express or something? Also other things so consider. As we were waiting until exactly 2 hours before our flight so we could check our luggage, we were watching the security lines grow horridly long. Longer than I had ever seen them there. They moved at an ok pace, but still. Would I book another 11:50 flight? Sure would. But I tend to think that this airport just gets crazier the later the day gets so I certainly wouldn't take my time getting there...

We have cruised out of Miami a couple of times and flown in an out of FLL each time. We either used a car service or the Carnival transfers for transportation each time and had no issues. The last time, I was actually at the airport early enough to get on an earlier flight through Southwest. You should definitely have plenty of time for a 2:30 flight.

Enjoy!