Sideways Instateroom on Regal Princess

trbarton

I'm looking at the inside sideway cabins on deck 14 on the Regal Princess. Are they larger than regular inside cabins? Anyone have any photos of an sideways inside cabin on the Regal? If you stayed in one what did you think and would you book this type of cabin again?

Tom:)

We were on the maiden voyage and had an inside cabin, we really enjoyed this layout and have booked another inside for a transatlantic in April.

It felt move spacious and I do believe it has a few more square feet.

I do have some pictures but they are too large to post and I have not mastered the resizing to get it on this site.

I'm looking at the inside sideway cabins on deck 14 on the Regal Princess. Are they larger than regular inside cabins? Anyone have any photos of an sideways inside cabin on the Regal? If you stayed in one what did you think and would you book this type of cabin again?

Tom:)

Definitely more spacious. Just spent a week in a sideways inside on the Regal with 3 adults and a teen girl. We were pleasantly surprised at how much space there was. Just note that the cabins for 4 had the uppers on the wall not recessed. We were in M421.

Lisa

Sent from my SGP312 using Forums mobile app

I loved our sideway inside on Regal. I wouldn't hesitate to book one. Best inside room ever. Unfortunately, I don't have pictures but here's a link to some picture of the Royal, Regal's sister, including the sideways inside cabin:

(The cabins look the same on Royal.)

Edited because the pictures are of Royal, not Regal.

Edited by IreneCat

I booked our first Princess Cruise recently.

I booked an inside cabin mid ships, about 3 weeks later I was "upgraded" to a sideways cabin 4 floors up.

Am I really being upgraded?

Yes but not every passenger will agree that an 'upgrade' is truly better for them.

My wife is very susceptible to all types of motion sickness so moving 4 decks up may not be considered an upgrade for her particularly if it moved us fore or aft from a lower deck midship cabin. We have a sideways inside cabin midship on the Regal's Caribe deck in April & being an IA category any 'upgrade' would be to a balcony.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Yes but not every passenger will agree that an 'upgrade' is truly better for them.

My wife is very susceptible to all types of motion sickness so moving 4 decks up may not be considered an upgrade for her particularly if it moved us fore or aft from a lower deck midship cabin. We have a sideways inside cabin midship on the Regal's Caribe deck in April & being an IA category any 'upgrade' would be to a balcony.

Thanks, that's what they have moved us to, an IA category

I loved our sideway inside on Regal. I wouldn't hesitate to book one. Best inside room ever. Unfortunately, I don't have pictures but here's a link to some picture of the Royal, Regal's sister, including the sideways inside cabin:

(The cabins look the same on Royal.)

Edited because the pictures are of Royal, not Regal.

thanks Irene, cabin looks ok to me :)