Car rental St. Maarten

cruizecrazygramma

You do not have to go to the airport. Rental is available at the port from more than one company. We used Coastal Car Rental. We made our reservation ahead of time, and were in the car driving by 8:30am. Our rate after all fees and taxes was $65. That included GPS pre-programmed with all the beaches and highlights.

I just reserved a car for our upcoming cruise that stops in st maarten. We used hertz and there is one located right by the cruise dock in Philipsburg. The quote was for $75 but after tax and fee, the total quote I was given was $99 for one day.

I priced out a rental in Saint Maarten, but then opted for a private tour with Jo Junie for the 6 of us. The $350 a day fee broken down was cheaper than the price of an excursion, and I'm sure being natives, they know the very best in beaches, Lolos, and shopping, all at our leisure. We just received the confirmation call and email, and they will be waiting for us at the pier when we arrive !! :)

Edited by cparmalee

We also rented a car from some no name agency there at the pier. They will compete for your business. Hertz seemed to be the most popular. I was only a passenger and was very nervous about the whole thing. We all got in a shuttle car and were driven up a hill to pick up our car. The area felt really sketchy, the car lot wasn't really a lot, but the car was new and it was so nice to have the A/C in September and to be able to stop where/when we wanted. I believe we paid under $100 for a small, easy to maneuver, 4-door Chevy. On the return, three of us were dropped off at the pier while our driver returned the car, and took the shuttle back. None of us were robbed or murdered, although when we pulled up to Baie Nettle on the French side I wanted to turn around immediately. Beautiful beach but I was uncomfortable being approached in the parking lot.

All's well that ends well. But no need to go to the airport to rent. We rented and drove to the airport to watch the big planes. Parking though can be difficult there.

Edited by AWENINAZ