Is there anyway to know what cabins have not been booked yet?

rjuray

That's the best way, but barring that, you can just punch in the cabin numbers you are looking at and they will pop up as available if they are. Last cruise, I was looking for a cabin more midship in my category but nothing was showing up. I just started with the best possible cabin and kept punching in numbers until one finally showed up as available, even though it wasn't even showing as available on the special website many of us use. That told me that even the sites purporting to show all the cabins sometimes don't, and there appears to be a limit of about 25 cabins per cabin category that show as available so it's anybody's guess how many are truly available!!

Despite what folks will tell you here, there is no way to know ALL the available cabins for a particular cruise. This question comes up alot and I don't get why. If you want to know if a particular cabin is available, call your TA or the cruise line.

Log on to Celebrity's UK website, this shows all cabins other than FV on some cruises. I have done the comparison and it definitely shows cabins available that are NOT showing on the popular European website that purports to show all availability. I have actually booked a cabin that showed on Celebrity UK but not the other site.

Despite what folks will tell you here, there is no way to know ALL the available cabins for a particular cruise. This question comes up alot and I don't get why. If you want to know if a particular cabin is available, call your TA or the cruise line.

I don't get why you don't get why! Obviously it's because the number of remaining cabins is a strong indication of pricing changes, either for those waiting to book, or those hoping to upgrade to a higher cabin category should prices drop. Also, if you know all the available cabins in any category, you have a much wider selection from which to choose.

I don't get why you don't get why! Obviously it's because the number of remaining cabins is a strong indication of pricing changes, either for those waiting to book, or those hoping to upgrade to a higher cabin category should prices drop. Also, if you know all the available cabins in any category, you have a much wider selection from which to choose.

I just noticed that the price has dropped significantly in the category above the one we have booked. It is now selling for about $500 cheaper than the cabin we are booked in, and pretty close to what we originally paid. Do you think it is possible for us to upgrade to that cabin category and pay the difference without losing any of the perks we have already paid for? Our veranda cabin was $1168, now selling at $1909, and concierge is priced at $1207. We are paid in full. :confused:

I think once you are paid in full you are done.....best to wait till the last minute

I just noticed that the price has dropped significantly in the category above the one we have booked. It is now selling for about $500 cheaper than the cabin we are booked in, and pretty close to what we originally paid. Do you think it is possible for us to upgrade to that cabin category and pay the difference without losing any of the perks we have already paid for? Our veranda cabin was $1168, now selling at $1909, and concierge is priced at $1207. We are paid in full. :confused:

If you are full paid , what I have found in the pass, Celebrity will let you upgraded as long as you are paying more

Exactly! It can make a huge difference. Perhaps that's why Celebrity does not want to show you - they don't want you to see a large inventory so you will wait for prices to go down. It is very frustrating, though. I guess I wasn't aware that website we are all talking about doesn't even show all available - I thought it did. I know it doesn't show the newer AQ cabins on deck 11 for M class ships - which is what I like to book these days so I have to use the 'plug in the cabin #' routine, which is a bit of a pain.

Price drop:eek: what's that :confused:

You mean people do not pay full price?

I think once you are paid in full you are done.....best to wait till the last minute

I have never had any packages with perks, so I can answer that question. The only thing you can do is call and ask. Oh, and if you don't like the answer you get the first time, try again!

Actually that's true every time. I've booked a cruise that seemed wide open and prices never dropped but filled up towards the end of sale date. So that's why I don't get it. I stick to the philosophy that you book the cabin and price you are happy with and don't drive yourself nuts looking for a better deal.

I think you are partially right....you should book what you would be happy in...but, that does not mean you should not try for better. Better is always...well.....better...:)

Actually that's true every time. I've booked a cruise that seemed wide open and prices never dropped but filled up towards the end of sale date. So that's why I don't get it. I stick to the philosophy that you book the cabin and price you are happy with and don't drive yourself nuts looking for a better deal.

Let me give you an example. Let's say a cruise I am looking at is currently priced at $1799 for a standard balcony cabin. I would not even consider booking at that price, as I have paid less than half that for the identical destination and length of trip in the recent past. However, if I do my homework and find that there are 250 cabins left just prior to final payment date, I surmise that a significant price reduction may be imminent, and I start checking prices every day. I may also alert my cruise friends to a possibly deal brewing. If/when that cruise price crosses my sweet spot, I'll likely book.

If, on the other hand, I check and there are only 50 cabins left close to FPD, I would surmise that only a small price adjustment would be likely, and so I would start looking for a different opportunity. In my book, I can't be too informed!

Here's another instance. I had booked a Med cruise quite far out, maybe 6 months, at what I thought was a great price. However, just in case, I kept checking prices every other day or so. Takes 5 minutes max. One day, about four months out, the FV cabins suddenly showed up as available to book for only two passengers, and at an incredible bargain price for 575 square feet--under $1000 for a two week cruise. Had I adopted your philosophy, I would have missed this great deal. So as long as you're happy with what you've paid, great, but I'm going to keep on checking and get the best price possible.

Why not. Everyone has their own way they want to research, and we don't always need to know why people want the information they want. Just because something is not important to some does not mean others should not have access to the information.

I don't want to ring and take up the consultant's time just for the sake of researching, when there are people wanting to ring and actually book or ask a question. When the cabin and the price are what I want, then I would ring and take up their time.

Also over here the office hours are a bit similar to mine, so ringing is not an option much of the time I have been wanting to trawl around and see what is available :)