Out of my Comfort Zone -- Jade Advice

Cindy

Beautiful pictures.

What camera do you use?

I took the Noordam and Constellation pictures with a Canon T3i. Unfortunately, in Amsterdam before the Constellation cruise I cracked the LCD screen.:( The camera still worked but it drove me crazy, so I sold it and bought a D70. I used the same 15-85 mm lens for all of the shots.

Cindy, so both camera's were not point and shoot. They are DSL with extra lenses.

I'm not Cindy, but yes, those two cameras are DSLRs. However, even a DSLR is a "point and shoot camera" if you leave it in Auto mode, in which case you are simply pointing and shooting. :)

Cindy, nice pics, thanks for sharing. That 15-85mm lens is quite sharp!

Cindy, so both camera's were not point and shoot. They are DSL with extra lenses.

I'm not Cindy, but yes, those two cameras are DSLRs. However, even a DSLR is a "point and shoot camera" if you leave it in Auto mode, in which case you are simply pointing and shooting. :)

Cindy, nice pics, thanks for sharing. That 15-85mm lens is quite sharp!

Turtles06 is right...both of those are DSLR cameras. She's also right about a DSLR being a big P&S if you leave it in Auto, but I like to tinker!:) Even my current "point and shoot" has a lot of manual options.:D

I do love that lens. I find that it takes care of about 90% of what I want to shoot. I bought it after my camera, when I sold the "kit" lenses that came with the camera. If I had it to do all over again, I'd buy body only, and then choose my lenses separately and get the best I could afford.

Edited by Cindy

Yeah, I use a point and shoot, on auto. Guilty of that.

Don't feel bad or guilty. Digital cameras are so "intelligent" these days, that they do a really excellent job on Auto. Certainly one can do more by knowing how to use the various settings on a digital camera, but Auto will do a great job in many if not most situations.

Yeah, I use a point and shoot, on auto. Guilty of that.

Don't feel bad or guilty. Digital cameras are so "intelligent" these days, that they do a really excellent job on Auto. Certainly one can do more by knowing how to use the various settings on a digital camera, but Auto will do a great job in many if not most situations.

Auto definitely has its place. I use it when I'm in situations that I know conditions will change a lot and I won't have time to change a lot of things. A lot of my pictures are taken in a priority (semi-automatic) mode, where I choose the aperture or shutter speed and the camera does the rest.