Entertainment on Silhouette 2015

true45

Just off the Silly.

We are not-so-young couple -- husband is musician, solo and band-leader who has played on cruise ships. We are veterans of lots of cruises on RCCL, Celebrity, Princess, Oceania, and Carnival.

The cruise started with sailaway in the Sky Lounge with live band and dancers (Latin music) -- fun.

First show was scheduled to start with the Orchestra and then comedy with Michelle Balan. No Band, no explanation -- we overheard someone ask a Celebrity person for info -- they said the theater is cleaned between shows. Weird. But she was definitely New York funny from the show Last Comic Standing.

We were going to skip the production show Broadway Nights. It surely would be boring, old music, old costumes. The voices -- I did say WOW a couple of times. Such talent -- even the costumes were updated. The performers get a big round of applause from us. Dancers good too -- and choreography.

The Silhouette Orchestra is very good -- just wish they played more. A passenger dance set would have been great.

Soloman Jaye -- dynamic performer singer really hit that sweet spot with us. Did old songs, Earth Wind & Fire, newer songs, that hour went really fast.

Silhouette the Show another enjoyable show with lots of comedy.

Don't miss the Band Soul (female & male singers) another terrific band played in the Atrium often - people danced, listened - liked their choice of songs

Soulstiss (kind of jazzy group female singer) played often in Ensemble lounge - very good

Johnny Java Mantra - guitar - liked him but didn't get to hear as much as we would have liked

There was a DJ & Sax duo that was not good at all

and another duo not our taste -- but we think of the entertainment like a menu - you pick what you like and miss the rest. Sometimes there was loud music (recorded) played in the hallway??? strange stuff in Blu -- very loud in theater waiting for show to start but it was no big deal -- don't know if it is just a mistake.

We laughed at the Wedding Game -- and Cruise Director Richard was fun.

There were movies scheduled in the Comedy Central small theater but the only one we planned to see wasn't shown because of technical difficulties. There were several free on demand movies on the TV also. There were several news channels and pay per view movies also.

There was trivia and games, dance lessons, chef demos that we missed -- lots going on.

The ship seemed active, people having a good time.

The only entertainment that we missed was the strings (trio or quartet) that would play usually at Café al Bacio. We would have bought a lot more cappuchinos if they were there. As it was, the Lavazza coffee was so good that we usually picked up some in our travels especially at the Hideaway.

We were happy with the entertainment.

Thanks for taking the time to post your entertainment review! Especially glad to hear that we should reconsider missing the big production shows that had become old & boring! Any poolside entertainment?

Cheers!

Ken

Thanks for taking the time to post your entertainment review! Especially glad to hear that we should reconsider missing the big production shows that had become old & boring! Any poolside entertainment?

Cheers!

Ken

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

A1A

We were going to skip the Broadway nights revue but went anyway

It was the best ever production show we have seen in a ship

Sorry I was not clear

DON'T miss it

Yes there is entertainment at the pool sometimes but didn't see any live show

There was scheduled to be A Masque interactive party also but I fell asleep in cabin

Edited by true45

On one X cruise we attended the first production show in the theater. It seemed very amateurish and really lacked energy. A few minutes into it I noticed that there was no live band, it was recorded music. I asked the CD and he said they have a budget and you have to use it to get the most bang for the dollar and that ended up with a few no talent DJs banging on electronic drums.

I asked the performers about their thoughts of performing to recorded music and they said it made no difference to them. I guess that is why they appeared to be amateurs.

happy crusing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

miched

I expected that type of entertainment but got much much better

Pleasant surprise is putting it mildly

The band was missing on the 1st night when the comedienne performed

Edited by true45

I have to agree with the OP and had this discussion with my wife when we were coming home. We were on the Silly last year at this time and just got off the Reflection Saturday, I found the entertainment to be much improved. At first I was hesitant on attending another Broadway production show or another oldies music production show, but found these to be very good. The dancers, singers and high wire performers were very talented. Also, I liked entertainers, especially the comedian that was able to mimic musical instruments and other sounds. Very unique and funny.

Edited by Banjo

True45, thank you for posting. I'll be on the Silhouette transatlantic so am glad your experience was mostly positive.

I wish they would bring back the strings(trio or quartet), too. I like all kinds of music and enjoyed them immensely.

Do you remember what free movies were playing on cabin tvs?

The free movies included

Maleficent

Jack Ryan

The grand Budapest hotel

Bad words

Captain America

That's all I remember

Some were also shown in the little comedy theater too

Frozen

Have fun