first cruise idea

sharonsunshine

a very good morning to you all :)

advice please , we have never cruised before ( well island escape about 5 years ago around the canaries , and definitely not including that !!! ) :eek:

me and my hubby think we have decided on this on , booking tomorrow

its with royal Caribbean

5th march

fly to orlando , car + stay(i have chosen diff accommodation as i thought the ramada gateway looked a bit motely)

then onto the freedom of the seas superior cabin inc balcony , and think we will definitely book the all inc drinks package inc spirits .. for a 7 night cruise ,inc cococay,Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands, Philipsburg, St Maarten, then back to Orlando for a couple of nights then home

i think i have asked all the questions , a nice very informed lady from 1st cruise

whats your thoughts , really appreciate any advice or information

do you good people think this would be a nice first cruise for a 45yr old and a younger 75yr old :D

many thanks sharon

First of all, welcome to Cruise Critic.

Sounds like a great first cruise. You didn't specifically say but I'm assuming you're flying in at least a day before your departure date - a good idea in case of flight delays, etc. Especially since you're coming from "across the pond" - you need a day or 2 to get over the time change. Plus Orlando is a ways from Ft. Lauderdale or Miami - don't know which port you'll be sailing from.

Royal Caribbean has great ships and a nice experience. We've sailed with them a couple of times and really enjoyed ourselves (DH and I are late 60's). You'll find something for everyone and you don't have to participate if you don't want to. I enjoy just sitting out on deck watching the sea.

One warning - prepare to be hooked. I'm betting this won't be your last cruise.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Your plans sound fine.

Why not visit the RCI board here and ask questions -- especially about the drink package as the rules are different with the various cruise lines.

RCI at this link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83

Scroll down until you find the ship you will be sailing on -- upon that up and then scroll down until you find the date of your cruise. You may be interested in seeing what others are doing on your cruise:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35