need first hand info on NCL

kllychpmn

Im looking at an interesting cruise from houston to seattle on NCL but Ive never sailed with them the bathrooms in the floor plan look tiny can some body let me know from first hand experience princess was pretty small im not sure I want to go smaller im looking at the inside and window cabins thanks

On ALL cruise ships, until you get to the suite level, the bathrooms are tiny. On the NCL Jewel class (Jewel and Jade) out of Houston, the inside bathrooms are small but well designed and divided into 2 compartments by glass doors with the toilet and the sink taking up 2/3 of the bathroom and the shower in a glass compartment. Honestly, the shower is big by cruise ship standards - which is to say it is still small, but bigger than on other ships where it is often only a small box in the corner.

Here is video of the Jewel and Jade's sister ship Pearl's inside cabin, including the bathroom to give you a better idea what it is like. The bathrooms would be identical to the Jewel or Jade:

Here is a video of the ocean view cabin - this time on the Gem - which is another sister ship and the same as on Jade and Jewel:

As you can see for the ocean view, they have added a sliding door between the sink and toilet. This is the same bathroom as in a balcony cabin.

The real jump up in bathrooms begins at the mini suite level where you get a bathtub:

You get the same arrangement in the Penthouse:

Where the bathrooms start to really change drastically in size is at the 2 bedroom Family Suite level where you get a bathroom more like you would have in a master bathroom on land:

Having sailed Princess, Celebrity, NCL, Carnival, HAL and RCCL, I can tell you that pretty much all bathrooms below the suite level are tiny and about equally as tiny. In terms of space planning, I think the NCL Jewel Class bathrooms make the most of the space and are better thought out than most other ships. Celebrity Solstice class comes to mind as one of the most ill conceived bathrooms I've seen on a ship - shower stall so tiny there is no way to bend over and the shower head is fixed. The toilet is tightly wedged between the shower and sink. Terrible design, IMO. HAL does tend to have larger bathrooms. The rest of the lines all have the tiny bathrooms. With HAL, I believe that the bathrooms get a bit bigger sooner.

I think we may be on that sailing on NCL you are talking about. We have been on two of Jewel's sister ships and have been just fine with the room. The floorplans are well laid out. Why don't you google some of the cabins or check out the search on CC for descriptions and reviews of cabins. Unless you are a very large person, you should have no trouble.

Im looking at an interesting cruise from houston to seattle on NCL but Ive never sailed with them the bathrooms in the floor plan look tiny can some body let me know from first hand experience princess was pretty small im not sure I want to go smaller im looking at the inside and window cabins thanks

Princess and NCL bathrroms are more similiar than they are different.