Koningsdam SUMMER 2016 Itineraries

InTheWASide

Keep forgetting about the cost and the slow speed of the internet on board. either wat, I look forward to hearing about the new ship.

I have some reliable sources that have said the amount of technology that is going to be on the ship is insane. Both things we the guests would never see that are behind the scenes and things that we'll have hands on access to.

It sucks that I can't go into more detail, but I will say that spaces that haven't changed FOREVER from ship to ship as they come out will serve all new purposes on Koningsdam... I think that's a pretty safe way to hint... :)

So with all that said about the technology, maybe the ship will be able to take advantage of the new internet setup that Carnival Corp as a whole is building and maybe there will be an onboard app similar to what Royal, Princess, Carnival etc are putting together that will be able to take advantage of it... they do have the bedside USB ports after all... :)

I bet the Internet will be free :D;). A blog would be great! Can't wait to hear all the goods on the ship, first hand. It took me a couple years to get on both the NA and eurodam and I love those ships. I'd love to be on the first Fort lauderdale cruise.

Oh? What makes you think that?

I'd love to see a longer cruise. Its stupid far to travel for me for a 7 day cruise so I usually do b2b. That's not ideal as you lose that day. I'd be surprised if hal doesn't make it 7 day. What is strange is that the ship us getting into Florida on Monday so there might be something to that thought. Either that, or they will have to have a shorter or longer cruise to even it up. I doubt that people would be overly thrilled with a Monday departure for a 7 day,

They could be doing what Princess did when Regal Princess arrived in Fort Lauderdale last fall. A two-day inaugural event, followed by a three-day cruise. Then she started on her regular 7-day cruises.

I would love to see HAL do something like that.

Norwegian is planning something similar for Norwegian Escape in November.

They could be doing what Princess did when Regal Princess arrived in Fort Lauderdale last fall. A two-day inaugural event, followed by a three-day cruise. Then she started on her regular 7-day cruises.

I would love to see HAL do something like that.

Norwegian is planning something similar for Norwegian Escape in November.

HAL had a three day cruise from NYC when Noordam was introduced.

Ok back on track. Do you think she will do 7 day cruises from FLL. What do you think her port day will be and will she replace somebody?

k

I could imagine she might replace Nieuw Amsterdam, which is moving to Alaska in spring 2016.

If she does not return to Caribbean, I could imagine Koningsdam takes over her itineraries - I think Sunday departures...?

I could imagine she might replace Nieuw Amsterdam, which is moving to Alaska in spring 2016.

If she does not return to Caribbean, I could imagine Koningsdam takes over her itineraries - I think Sunday departures...?

All the HAL ships leave the Caribbean for the summer.

Where would you imagine Nieuw Amsterdam would go if she doesn't return to Caribbean in the fall?

I wondered the same thing. How about Alaska all 12 months:D;)?

Just tossing ideas around but maybe to Asia? Though their economy is not now on quite the fast pace it was. It is so hard to know how things will be in a year or two in this unsettled, turbulent world.

All the HAL ships leave the Caribbean for the summer.

Where would you imagine Nieuw Amsterdam would go if she doesn't return to Caribbean in the fall?

Yeah, I know that HAL does not deploy any ship in Caribbean during the summer months...

Maybe Nieuw Amserdam switches to Australia/NZ as well, as Noordam does in 2015? Or Asia?

Where would you go for only 3 days? Cozumel, half moon or key west?

Regal Princess went to Princess Cays.

A lot of the people onboard for the inaugural -- media, vendors, invited guests, TAs -- stayed on for the 3-day cruise that followed.

But there were tons of people boarding as I got off, as the 3-day sailing was open to the general public, too.

Hoping HAL does the same.

I know Noordam is supposed to go down under so it will be Nieuw Amsterdam and Noordam? Will there be a third ship?

Either this could be the case - two ships for downunder - or Noordam switches to Asia, if Nieuw Amsterdam sails from Sydney.

Or: Noordam sails the 15-night-Hawaii itineraries from California, throughout the winter season...