Food quality among the ships

Jendelli

We just got off the Paradise this morning and enjoyed our cruise. I'm curious to know if the food quality is the same among all of the Carnival ships. Are there some ships that you like the food better on?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In my opinion no, it differs from ship to ship. I guess it has mostly to do with the chefs .

On Freedon the food was just ok and Liberty it was pretty good. However Breeze the food was excellent . As we know food is subjective so what one person loves another might hate.

We were on the Valor in 2010 and thought it was all okay.

We were on The Breeze Thanksgiving week 2013 and the food was awful, except for Guys Burgers. We loved those. We ate at the Italian Restaurant the last night, and were all sick the next day. You would think they would get chocolate melting cake right - I had to send it back twice one night to get one that was cooked properly. Shrimp in the shrimp cocktail - small and limp. Bernaise sauce - three dried dots on the plate.

Booked on the Dream this coming April. Wish it had Guy's Burgers.

We don't sail Carnival for the food.

Yes they all are different, my feeling and opinion/experience is the newest and largest ships offer more selection/variety and better quality, the older ones give you well lets say when we go on the Fascination we know we won't be starving but we won't be eating much or anything real good.

We just got off the Paradise this morning and enjoyed our cruise. I'm curious to know if the food quality is the same among all of the Carnival ships. Are there some ships that you like the food better on?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I disagree with the other posters because the basic menu is the same across the board and thus if I have tried something on one ship, and have liked it, I have found it comparable for the most part on the next ship. While there may be some slight variations, for us it isn't worth mentioning. The steak house has been across the board worth the money.

Just returned from the inspiration found the food quality significantly superior to the miracle which I was on 3 weeks earlier. Having said that the pork chop on the sea day brunch was juicer on the miracle.

John

I recently spent 22 days on the Miracle and found most of the dishes in the main dining room to be excellent! However, the trend was that the chicken was over cooked and dry where the beef and fish dishes were amazing! I just didn't order any more chicken.

We did not eat at the buffet much on these back-to-back cruises, as we find the food to be much better and service outstanding in the MDR.

Room service was adequate and really, how can you mess up a BLT?

Loved the steak house. I had the dry rubbed rib steak twice. :-)

And the best thing about being on board for all of those days at sea was the Sea Day Brunch. Fantastic!

Edited by Taters

Taters

Sounds like the chicken chef was moved from the fish line. All the fish on our Miracle cruise was on the dryer side. Like it was fully cooked when it left the kitchen without taking into consideration that it continues to cook a bit once off the grill.

We've been lucky enough to sail the same ship a few weeks apart for several years now. The quality definitely depends on the 'hand' of the chef.

Funny story. We had a group of 13 at a roundtop on the Paradise (never do that, it was horrible) situated behind the hostess stand.

Four of us ordered the short ribs. Two were saying it was the best they'd ever eaten, for the other two it was the worst.

So, there we are, behind the hostess stand and we start passing around these entrees. The waiter rushes over to find out what is happening. By this time all the hostesses and Maitre D are watching us as well. 😳We are able to replace the dreck with the great. Turns out the dreck was cooked above the sauce, making it effectively shoe leather.