Sourdough car rental Skagway

Bizziecruzer

From what I have read I do not think that they have the SUV you are looking for. Probably the best they have is some kind of minivan. They do not sound like the Escalade type of organization. The price of gas is the same regardless of being Sourdough or Avis. SUV run 15-18 MPG regardless of who you rent from.

Well, yes. Though well maintained cars and newer cars often have better gas mileage than cars that are not maintained well.

If Budget Queen got 10 MPG on a Taurus, I am guessing there was something wrong with it. Purely a guess :)

because that was the largest vehicle available. Some of the reviews were making me nervous. DH didn't seem to care once I did it, but said he really wanted a Suburban or Escalade size vehicle. I doubt Sourdough will have that type vehicle either, but he's going to check in April.

I think he's going to have a rude awakening with the cost of gas. I, now, feel relieved.

Gloria

Rented from Avis last year. They were great. We saw a couple of Sourdough cars on our travels that day, and would not wanted to have had one of their cars. For what it's worth though, I don't think you will be able to get a Suburban or Escalade size vehicle. Most that we saw were mid to small type cars. We picked up first thing in the a.m. so we saw the different cars in the Avis parking lot. We got a small SUV and it was perfect for the day.