BVE, what information is needed?

Bimmie Girl

When you have someone dropping you off at the pier and you want to give them the BVE so they can see the ship, what information is needed on that individual? What happens if the person can't come in after dropping you off? has that ever happened to people? Would like to surprise my SIL with the BVE, and she is planning on dropping us off early, but in case something comes up and plans don't work out, always good to know the rules before we board.

They will need full name, birth date, address , either pass port, drivers license, birth certificate. And a credit card. I think that might be it can't remember. I forgot to mention that you will pay $39.00 and it is non refundable or transferable.

Edited by bmench

When you call to book them, you will need their full name, phone number and address, birth date as well as an email address. You can always give your email address. You simply pay the $39 via credit card over the phone while booking.

Make sure that the booking number is then linked to your booking number so that you can board with them.

They will get a booking number and will need to fill it out the same as you. If they don't have a passport, then a driver's license can be used. It's easier to call Princess with this. A credit card will also have to be input to be able to print out the boarding pass.

The fee is non refundable and non transferable.

If the person isn't able to make it and is just dropping you off, then unfortunately the $39 goes to waste. They don't actually get to have it as a credit if they don't check in and board the ship. You also won't be able to be part of the BVE and board early without them being there.

It will be difficult to surprise her. As previous poster noted...you need her passport # to sign her up and she will need to SHOW her passport OR her driver's license AND birth certificate in order to board.

No birth certificate, just the driver's license is fine. We have done it many times and the driver's license is all that is needed.

When you call to book them, you will need their full name, phone number and address, birth date as well as an email address. You can always give your email address. You simply pay the $39 via credit card over the phone while booking.

Make sure that the booking number is then linked to your booking number so that you can board with them.

They will get a booking number and will need to fill it out the same as you. If they don't have a passport, then a driver's license can be used. It's easier to call Princess with this. A credit card will also have to be input to be able to print out the boarding pass.

The fee is non refundable and non transferable.

If the person isn't able to make it and is just dropping you off, then unfortunately the $39 goes to waste. They don't actually get to have it as a credit if they don't check in and board the ship. You also won't be able to be part of the BVE and board early without them being there.

Great, that is what I needed to know. I will have to let her know the plan then and that IF SHE IS NOT interested or feels she can't stay, then we lose the $39. Thanks you all!!!!

No birth certificate, just the driver's license is fine. We have done it many times and the driver's license is all that is needed.

Agreed. We treated my son to a BVE on Grand when he drove us to SF and dropped us off. I booked it and he only needed to show his drivers license at boarding time. Of course I still told him I though he should get a passport anyway. :)

When you have someone dropping you off at the pier and you want to give them the BVE so they can see the ship, what information is needed on that individual? What happens if the person can't come in after dropping you off? has that ever happened to people? Would like to surprise my SIL with the BVE, and she is planning on dropping us off early, but in case something comes up and plans don't work out, always good to know the rules before we board.

You would have to create a princess account in their name.

The BVE info shows up in their personalizer, and you have to

fill it out just like a cruise, and print a boarding pass.

And, you need to supply a credit card in the personalizer,

for any onboard purchases during the bve -- just like a

cruise.

You will need either their driver's license number, or passport

number to enter in the personalizer. That might be tricky

to obtain secretly, in advance.

The friend needs to have the boarding pass and a driver's license.

(or passport)

Edited by pablo222

I just booked a BVE for my sister and 15-yr-old nephew. In order to book for them, I needed their address and birthdates. Used my credit card, and could have used my email but I had my sister's info.

That was for the booking; they still have to complete the online paperwork in order to print boarding passes.

Just wanted to add that the Princess BVE representative told me my sister can use her drivers' license, and my nephew can use a school ID; neither needs to take a birth certificate.

And since you're paying you'll get their booking number so you could complete the cruise personalizer info online for them (provided, of course, that you have their info).

We did that for our DS and his DW so we would know it was done and then could ensure we got our bookings linked.

And since you're paying you'll get their booking number so you could complete the cruise personalizer info online for them (provided, of course, that you have their info).

We did that for our DS and his DW so we would know it was done and then could ensure we got our bookings linked.

Agreed! It looks like I will end up doing the same thing, to make sure they complete it on time.

Question: Is there a way to link the bookings yourself, online? Princess rep told me they are already linked, but I'm not seeing a way to confirm that or set it online. Relative newbie here.

Thanks!

I believe the BVE dept has to do the linking. I just called Princess several times (weekday and weekend plus early and late shift) to be sure to get different people and get the same "yes, they are linked" answer from them all and then figured it was.

Others may know a better way to verify it but that's all I knew to do.

That's what I always do since I treat for the drinks they have on board if they have some.

Edited by cjskids

Princess can cancel the BVE at any time up to the day of the voyage. If the ship is late getting in or there is NORO it can be canceled. If canceled you will get your money refunded.