Nassau

janpo

Forgot to mention when we went to Nassau last week in our dailies there was a warning about Nassau . It said due to increased crime they are asking that all passengers please stay on the main routes and be aware of their surroundings at all time or something to that effect.

We went to Nassau in September and our dailies did not have that warning. I have heard that the crime rate is escalating there.

We went last spring in another line and were told the same thing. Be aware of your surroundings just like at home was our motto. We didn't see anything that was off and felt safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wonder why Columbia is still a stop if they're knowing how dangerous it must be.

We felt safe in Nassau but we did stay only on the main strip. We've been there a lot though so it wouldn't bother me if we just stayed on the ship.

I had asked my PCC right before we left on our cruise about Nassau and things I've been hearing and reading about there lately. He told me that NCL takes their ports very seriously and if there were problems they wouldn't go there. So when i read that in the dailies, I thought of what he said.

I did e-mail him when i got back and told him what the dailies had said about Nassau. He addressed my letter but not specifically the Nassau part of it.

Edited by janpo

We had no problems in Nassau; but we also stuck to the main areas. I think the same warning could apply to any foreign port. Keeping aware of your surroundings & not putting yourself in any place where you could be in peril is smart. I think we tend to let our guard down when on vacation and that's when bad things can happen to good people.

Having said that; I thought the main street shopping in Nassau was quite good.

Cheers and safe travels,

Sandy