Havanna Suites

jp12687

I'm looking at the deck plans and considering a Havana interior.

I cannot figure out how to get from the interior rooms to the pool area.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

I believe that it will be all key card access either through rear access doors at the end of the hallways or for the cabana people you can access from the cabana area too.

This is just my thoughts and speculation though. I am excited to find out. :)

Edited by lives to cruise

We just bit the bullet and booked a Havana Suite for the 11 day Southern. Last one left. Either we will like it or not...but as others have said, there will be plenty of reviews regarding them.

My PVP did tell me that access is limited to ONLY Havana guest towards the back of the ship. In other words...it is blocked off beginning with the havana cabanas, and I believe she said there are like 38 rooms associated with this area. Yes, I am a tad disappointed that I may have to walk 5-6 feet to see the ocean, but I think I can manage!

I'm looking at the deck plans and considering a Havana interior.

I cannot figure out how to get from the interior rooms to the pool area.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Looking at the deck plans - wondering how do we get into the interior rooms at all..lol! I'm sure they'll have that figured out before the first sailing, otherwise, we'll be staying in the Havana Bar [emoji6]

We just bit the bullet and booked a Havana Suite for the 11 day Southern. Last one left. Either we will like it or not...but as others have said, there will be plenty of reviews regarding them.

My PVP did tell me that access is limited to ONLY Havana guest towards the back of the ship. In other words...it is blocked off beginning with the havana cabanas, and I believe she said there are like 38 rooms associated with this area. Yes, I am a tad disappointed that I may have to walk 5-6 feet to see the ocean, but I think I can manage!

Awesome! Come on over and join the roll call!

Looking at the deck plans - wondering how do we get into the interior rooms at all..lol! I'm sure they'll have that figured out before the first sailing, otherwise, we'll be staying in the Havana Bar [emoji6]

Just figured it out.....we'll be entering and exiting from the cabin across the hall from us :) I wonder if they'll also share their patio with us :)

I put a hold on a Havana interior today, and now I'm trying to justify an add'l $800 for the Havana balcony.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Just figured it out.....we'll be entering and exiting from the cabin across the hall from us :) I wonder if they'll also share their patio with us :)

I put a hold on a Havana interior today, and now I'm trying to justify an add'l $800 for the Havana balcony.

Thanks everyone for your input.

We booked the Havana interior! woo hoo!

I just don't know how I feel about these rooms. At first I was really excited about them, but the more I read about them the less excited I was. I love the idea of the private pool, but honestly, I like my private balcony and sometimes I go there to relax and get away from it all. And sometimes in the morning I go out there in a robe to take photos before I get out of my pj's. If my balcony is going to open directly to a public deck I don't know how much I will enjoy that.

Anyways we booked a guarantee so it really doesn't matter as I highly doubt we would get a havana balcony. Anxiously awaiting our assignment, although I'm sure it's a long time away!

I just don't know how I feel about these rooms. At first I was really excited about them, but the more I read about them the less excited I was. I love the idea of the private pool, but honestly, I like my private balcony and sometimes I go there to relax and get away from it all. And sometimes in the morning I go out there in a robe to take photos before I get out of my pj's. If my balcony is going to open directly to a public deck I don't know how much I will enjoy that.

Anyways we booked a guarantee so it really doesn't matter as I highly doubt we would get a havana balcony. Anxiously awaiting our assignment, although I'm sure it's a long time away!

Kelley,

I hear ya. My husband and I also walk out on the balcony in our PJs early in the morning while we're passing by the islands and coming into port. It'll be a BIG change for us to have to actually dress to do the same thing in a Havana Cabana room, but since we've never had a room with an exclusive pool area this time I've decided to go for that. Will I miss my totally private balcony? Yep. I'm sure I will, but it'll have other benefits which I'm looking forward to enjoying. It's really all in what you want or what you're willing to give up for another amenity.

Cindy

Edited by cloudydrms
wrong word

Hi Cindy

I'm on your sailing. I will sleep in either sweat pants or soft shorts with a tee shirt

I'm sure early in the morning you will probably only see your neighbors.

Since the area doesn't open to the public till after 5 pm. I'm excited to try something new.

It will be nice to go in a hot tub without 25 kids splashing around

On the last day of my Splendor cruise there were some folks who turned up for breakfast in their PJs, so I'm sure no-one will hold it against you if you enjoy your own patio before you get dressed for the day :D

Too funny! I wonder if they put their luggage out the night before and forgot to keep out a change of clothes for the morning.

Hi Cindy

I'm on your sailing. I will sleep in either sweat pants or soft shorts with a tee shirt

I'm sure early in the morning you will probably only see your neighbors.

Since the area doesn't open to the public till after 5 pm. I'm excited to try something new.

It will be nice to go in a hot tub without 25 kids splashing around

I think that's the key - to have your comfy sweat capris and t-shirt on standby at all times! I think I can handle that for a cruise in exchange for a quieter area to lounge in. I'm really looking forward to it!

Cindy

On the last day of my Splendor cruise there were some folks who turned up for breakfast in their PJs, so I'm sure no-one will hold it against you if you enjoy your own patio before you get dressed for the day :D

Hehe! On my last cruise we were just tired and lazy, we wore sweatpants and shirts to breakfast and drank a bottle of champagne in the buffet! We didn't want it to go to waste and we couldn't take it on the plane...

People probably thought we were crazy white trash!

My PVP did tell me that access is limited to ONLY Havana guest towards the back of the ship. In other words...it is blocked off beginning with the havana cabanas, and I believe she said there are like 38 rooms associated with this area.

So do you think that the folks booked in the 12 interior Havana cabins would be able to use this walkway or do you think it is just the Havana balconies / Suites that can use this space? Having said that, the 12 interior cabins are 10 doubles, 1 triple and 1 quad (I think) so that is at most 27 people who could use that space that do not have their own porches.

I booked the Havana interiors for my family (2 cabins) and like the fact that no small kids and that the pool area is limited to the 100 or so people that are booked in the 40 or so Havana cabins. I can see this whole area being booked by people for their destination wedding parties!

Eric813

Potential Future Cruises – 1-2?

17?. Carnival Vista (CCL) – December 24-31, 2016 (Western Caribbean. Miami, FL) [May do]

16. Carnival Vista (CCL) – December 17-24, 2016 (Eastern Caribbean. Miami, FL)

Past Cruises – 15

15. Carnival Victory (CCL) – December 23-28, 2013 (Bahamas. Miami, FL)

14. Westerdam (HAL) – August 3-10, 2013 (Alaska, Seattle, WA)

13. Voyager of the Seas (RCI) – March 31 – April 7, 2012 (Western Caribbean, New Orleans, LA)

12. Disney Wonder (Disney) – February 6-13, 2011 (Mexican Rivera, Los Angeles, CA)

11. Pride of America (NCL) - November 7-14, 2009 (Hawaiian Islands, Honolulu, HI)

10. Carnival Pride (CCL) - June 6-13, 2009 (Bahamas / Caribbean, Baltimore, MD)

9. Holiday (CCL) - March 3-8, 2007 (Western Caribbean, Mobile, AL)

8. Jewel (NCL) - July 2-9, 2006 (Western Mediterranean, Barcelona, ESP)

7. Explorer of the Seas (RCI) - November 6-13, 2005 (Western Caribbean, Miami, FL)

6. Imagination (CCL) - June 12-17, 2000 (Western Caribbean, Miami, FL)

5. Inspiration (CCL) - July 14-21, 1996 (Southern Caribbean, San Juan, PR)

Scandanvian ???? – December 27, 1989 (Bahamas, Fort Lauderdale, FL ??)

4. Britanis (Chandris) - December 1985 (Western Caribbean, Montego Bay, JAM)

3. Rhapsody (Paquet) - December 1983 (Western Caribbean, Miami, FL)

2. Festival (CCL) - December 18-25, 1982 (Eastern Caribbean, Miami, FL)

1. Norway (NCL) - December 1980 (Eastern Caribbean, Miami, FL)

Kelley,

I hear ya. My husband and I also walk out on the balcony in our PJs early in the morning while we're passing by the islands and coming into port. It'll be a BIG change for us to have to actually dress to do the same thing in a Havana Cabana room, but since we've never had a room with an exclusive pool area this time I've decided to go for that. Will I miss my totally private balcony? Yep. I'm sure I will, but it'll have other benefits which I'm looking forward to enjoying. It's really all in what you want or what you're willing to give up for another amenity.

Cindy

Just out of curiosity, why do feel you need to get "dressed" to go onto your semi-private porch? I see no reason why you can not go out there in your PJs in the morning. I suspect you will see no one on the deck area at the same time as you if this is limited to just the Havana guests (max of about 100) and even there is, you are in your PJs after all. Now, if you sleep in the nude, well...that could pose a problem :eek:

Eric813

17?. Carnival Vista (CCL) – December 24-31, 2016 (Western Caribbean. Miami, FL) [May do]

Past Cruises – 15

13. Voyager of the Seas (RCI) – March 31 – April 7, 2012 (Western Caribbean, New Orleans, LA)

12. Disney Wonder (Disney) – February 6-13, 2011 (Mexican Rivera, Los Angeles, CA)

11. Pride of America (NCL) - November 7-14, 2009 (Hawaiian Islands, Honolulu, HI)

7. Explorer of the Seas (RCI) - November 6-13, 2005 (Western Caribbean, Miami, FL)

So do you think that the folks booked in the 12 interior Havana cabins would be able to use this walkway or do you think it is just the Havana balconies / Suites that can use this space? Having said that, the 12 interior cabins are 10 doubles, 1 triple and 1 quad (I think) so that is at most 27 people who could use that space that do not have their own porches.

I booked the Havana interiors for my family (2 cabins) and like the fact that no small kids and that the pool area is limited to the 100 or so people that are booked in the 40 or so Havana cabins. I can see this whole area being booked by people for their destination wedding parties!

Eric813

Past Cruises – 15

I think folks booked in Havana interiors have access to the entire area - inside and out :)

I am booked in a cabana for 03/17. There is no price for the Havana suites. I called Carnival for a price difference, and the rep said she had no info for the Havana suites on that cruise. Can anyone figure that out? It just doesn't make sense. There is nothing on the website,

I am booked in a cabana for 03/17. There is no price for the Havana suites. I called Carnival for a price difference, and the rep said she had no info for the Havana suites on that cruise. Can anyone figure that out? It just doesn't make sense. There is nothing on the website,

Which date are you booked for in March 2017? I did a "mock booking" for 3/25/17 and it appears the Havana Suites are already sold out. Since March is a "spring break" month and there are only 4 of those kind of rooms, I wouldn't be surprised if they were already all booked up.