Havanna Suites

jp12687

We had decided on a Havana Balcony for our cruise in Feb 17 until I read this thread. Now I am undecided. I can see people just opening up our gate and using our furniture on the lanai. That would be a problem....

We had decided on a Havana Balcony for our cruise in Feb 17 until I read this thread. Now I am undecided. I can see people just opening up our gate and using our furniture on the lanai. That would be a problem....

From what I know and have been told, no one except the people that have booked the Havana cabins will be allowed access to the area in front of the cabanas via a key card. People will have access to the back pool area after 5 pm but they can only access that area by going through the Havana Bar. They will not even be able to access our internal hallways.

From what I know and have been told, no one except the people that have booked the Havana cabins will be allowed access to the area in front of the cabanas via a key card. People will have access to the back pool area after 5 pm but they can only access that area by going through the Havana Bar. They will not even be able to access our internal hallways.

This is exactly what I've been hearing as well, controlled entry to the lanai from both ends. Now if someone else with a Cabana room is out on your balcony, well that would take some balls! I'm booked and have zero concern for this to happen.

This is exactly what I've been hearing as well, controlled entry to the lanai from both ends. Now if someone else with a Cabana room is out on your balcony, well that would take some balls! I'm booked and have zero concern for this to happen.

I feel the exact same way! I have no concerns as to the privacy we will have. Only our neighbors in the cabana area will be there.

[/b][/color]

I feel the exact same way! I have no concerns as to the privacy we will have. Only our neighbors in the cabana area will be there.

I won't pass out on someone else's Cabana

lol :D

[/b][/color]

I am really stunned by all the "privacy"and "security" issue conversations. If you don't want to meet your neighbors, don't book one. I think it will be fun. Like a little neighborhood where we can chat and meet each other and invite you into our "yard" if we like you.

I don't plan on leaving any valuables out on the lanai, just like I would not on any balcony for fear they will get wet, salty or blow away. I'm really excited to say hello to the people strolling past in the mornings with their cup of coffee, or in the evenings with their glass of champagne. I want people to walk past and say, "hey, how'd you get such a cool cabin?" Sounds like a great time to me.

We've booked the Cabana cabin closest to the pool (5240) for our Jan 28 - 8 night southern in 2017. I cannot wait!!

I'm not trying to start a "Your Wrong about that thread but I believe the the Havana pool area is only for Havana guests. I believe the "Havana Bar" will open to the ship after 5Pm. Just the bar. Here is what I received from John Heald but I guess we all see after the first cruise.

johnhealdemailheaderjpg.ashx

Hi Mate,

Thanks for taking the time to write me.

In regards to your inquiry, the Havana Pool is exclusive for only guests staying in the Havana suites.

I hope you have a great sailing and make plenty of fun memories.

Cheers,

John

Carnival Vista will offer a wide variety of well-appointed, beautifully designed staterooms and suites including two new accommodation classes. Tropics-inspired Havana Cabanas feature suites with private outdoor patios – complete with lounge chairs and hammock – that face the expanded Lanai ocean-air outdoor promenade and offer magnificent sea views in addition to easy access to the Havana Bar and Pool. The new Havana Pool is located aft and offers stunning views of the ocean, whirlpools and a relaxation area, complete with colorful umbrellas, faux palm trees, thatched patio huts and comfy seating. This pool is for the exclusive use of Havana Cabana guests through 5 p.m. each day and guests using this pool must be 12 or older.

Well someone is wrong, this I lifted from Carnival's website and this too

On Carnival Vista you'll find Havana Bar & Pool, an onboard retreat that's an exclusive paradise by day... and a fun-for-all music-and-dancing hotspot at night.

I have talked to carnival reps a few times during my booking process and I received different answers..I even booked a cabana cabin for my brother and his wife who will have a 1 year old at the time of the cruise and I had no problem booking them a cabin. After realizing no kids were aloud My mother called back to cancel them and the rep was suprised.

I guess we really won't have all the right answers until the ship finally sails.

Lynn

I have talked to carnival reps a few times during my booking process and I received different answers..I even booked a cabana cabin for my brother and his wife who will have a 1 year old at the time of the cruise and I had no problem booking them a cabin. After realizing no kids were aloud My mother called back to cancel them and the rep was suprised.

I guess we really won't have all the right answers until the ship finally sails.

Lynn

Interesting, as on the CCL booking engine, it's made quite clear that "(All Havana stateroom guests must be 12 or older.)" More training is needed for CCL reps.

• 4 weeks later...
I am really stunned by all the "privacy"and "security" issue conversations. If you don't want to meet your neighbors, don't book one. I think it will be fun. Like a little neighborhood where we can chat and meet each other and invite you into our "yard" if we like you.

I don't plan on leaving any valuables out on the lanai, just like I would not on any balcony for fear they will get wet, salty or blow away. I'm really excited to say hello to the people strolling past in the mornings with their cup of coffee, or in the evenings with their glass of champagne. I want people to walk past and say, "hey, how'd you get such a cool cabin?" Sounds like a great time to me.

We've booked the Cabana cabin closest to the pool (5240) for our Jan 28 - 8 night southern in 2017. I cannot wait!!

Hi neighbor! Just wanted to pop in and say hello. We booked the last available Cabana cabin for this sailing yesterday.

I'm not trying to start a "Your Wrong about that thread but I believe the the Havana pool area is only for Havana guests. I believe the "Havana Bar" will open to the ship after 5Pm. Just the bar. Here is what I received from John Heald but I guess we all see after the first cruise.

johnhealdemailheaderjpg.ashx

Hi Mate,

Thanks for taking the time to write me.

In regards to your inquiry, the Havana Pool is exclusive for only guests staying in the Havana suites.

I hope you have a great sailing and make plenty of fun memories.

Cheers,

John

All the other literature of Vista (including an earlier JH post on fb) state that it is open for guests after 5pm. I think John Paraphrased his reply in that it is 'an exclusive perk' for Havana guests but failed to add on the time element.

I sincerely doubt they would limit the Havana bar all day for all other cruisers as it is a money making drinks revenue and that would not make business sense.

Just a thought reading through all of this again. Maybe the Havana Pool itself closes at 5 pm (the pool) and they lay a deck over it for live music or something in the evening! I know there is discussion about non-havana people flooding into the pool at 5 pm, but everthing I'm reading suggests that the pool will close and the are will open to the public as a drinking and dancing venue!!!

Just a thought reading through all of this again. Maybe the Havana Pool itself closes at 5 pm (the pool) and they lay a deck over it for live music or something in the evening! I know there is discussion about non-havana people flooding into the pool at 5 pm, but everthing I'm reading suggests that the pool will close and the are will open to the public as a drinking and dancing venue!!!

Nothing says the pool will close at 5PM, in your mind what have you read that "suggests" that the pool will close.

I'm very doubtful of this.

Edited by legion3

Nothing says the pool will close at 5PM, in your mind what have you read that "suggests" that the pool will close.

I'm very doubtful of this.

Yeah, that's what I said. I said maybe.

"After 5 pm it will be an area for drinking and dancing" - sounds like fun. Most of the cruises I've been on in the past three or so years now close off the pools with a hard "dance floor" type surface in the evenings. I think it would be a great outdoor music venue in the evenings!

Doesn't matter to me. We are very excited for our Havana Cabana cabin and honestly I could care less is people can walk past or not, or if people come to use the pool. I booked this cabin because I thought it looked cool. Not into the segregation and we will probably have more people join us on this cruise, so we will probably be using other pools most of the time.

I hope lots of people come down after 5 pm. Sound like a great social time to me....and a short stroll back to my cabin.

All literature I've read states Havana bar and pool are for the exclusive use of Havana guests. At 5pm Havana bar an pool are available for all guests. Not sure how this is confusing.

Edited by lovlii

Yeah, that's what I said. I said maybe.

"After 5 pm it will be an area for drinking and dancing" - sounds like fun. Most of the cruises I've been on in the past three or so years now close off the pools with a hard "dance floor" type surface in the evenings. I think it would be a great outdoor music venue in the evenings!

Doesn't matter to me. We are very excited for our Havana Cabana cabin and honestly I could care less is people can walk past or not, or if people come to use the pool. I booked this cabin because I thought it looked cool. Not into the segregation and we will probably have more people join us on this cruise, so we will probably be using other pools most of the time.

I hope lots of people come down after 5 pm. Sound like a great social time to me....and a short stroll back to my cabin.

And this is the attitude to have in the Havana area! This is a very "social" space, and I look forward to meeting and having a good time there. That said, adding extra cabins on 6 and 7 allows for a more private experience as well. Sounds like the best of both worlds to me!

All literature I've read states Havana bar and pool are for the exclusive use of Havana guests. At 5pm Havana bar an pool are available for all guests. Not sure how this is confusing.

This is my understanding as well :). Not rocket science, eh?